BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
This game has more likelihood to get abandoned rather than completed if continued with the same speed (many have projected that it might even take more than a decade to complete).

Has the dev shared his outlook on this? What is the timeline he is looking to complete?
the dev avoids that question like the superbowl avoids every day except sunday

neil_ku

Aug 11, 2018

For such an ambitious and large scale project, if there is no clarity on the roadmap then indeed there is no light at the end of the tunnel. More than number of patreons, the money, I guess the real question is if the dev wants his game to be materialized.

the dev used to do a couple ingame days per year, next year you shouldnt even expect 1 ingame day done. Its getting slower and slower.
My 2 cents - The story is far too complex for one person to develop and can be more tighter. The dev should prioritize the events and the characters that are critical to the story and complete it. Rest of the events can be delegated or developed later as DLC.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
The dev need to think of a way to ramp up the speed.
Im sad that he never refered to this in the past, just justifying this slow development

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I understand ofcourse, but what makes it so that BADIK has this possibility?

I see AWAM as one of the best games in this market, storywise even better than anything else. But alas I want to understand the process of work behind it, how one game can develop quicker updates with more of that graphical quality content, as to another game that takes its time?

I would see BADIKs updates as ones with alot more demanding process of work contentwise, as AWAM *should* be even quicker - now this ofcourse calculates that both teams of devs are of equal strength.

Does anyone know how many devs are behind BADIK and AWAM?
Is it the experience and programming skills of the devs that matter aswell?

Again: This is in no way meant as ranting or criticism - just curious thoughts about what is what. :)
Some facts about BadiK.
DPC uses its own assets or heavily modifies the originals. He reduces the number of surfaces to the minimum which reduces rendering time enormously and loading or manipulating a scene, too.
He uses a simple lighting system which reduces loading time and has a huge impact on rendering time.

There are 2 possibilities: either he knows how to use a 3D Modeller or he has someone to help him. Mini-games/Phone - you need a programmer.
I think his team consists of 1-2 members in addition to the DPC.

With the money he earns, such a render is unacceptable.
1637657540676.png

DPC reduced the tree to 4 faces. A crappy texture. The worst part is he did it on purpose.

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
The developer does not avoid such questions! Given the inadequate reaction of some characters to the violation of plans, he stopped publishing his master plans. Shares plans for the near future with the public. And this is completely justified and understandable.
the dev used to do a couple ingame days per year, next year you shouldnt even expect 1 ingame day done. Its getting slower and slower.
Perhaps you are right, or it may turn out that you are wrong. We will find out in exactly one year.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
For such an ambitious and large scale project, if there is no clarity on the roadmap then indeed there is no light at the end of the tunnel. More than number of patreons, the money, I guess the real question is if the dev wants his game to be materialized.
You are absolutely right! And believe me, the developer has a pretty clear plan. But you might have noticed how much pressure is being put on him, primarily in terms of development timelines, but also in terms of the content of the game. Therefore, one must understand that this greatly interferes with him.
My 2 cents - The story is far too complex for one person to develop and can be more tighter. The dev should prioritize the events and the characters that are critical to the story and complete it. Rest of the events can be delegated or developed later as DLC.
And in this aspect you are right, and to a greater or lesser extent, but the developer is moving exactly in the direction you indicated.

• Angry
Reactions: roro and Toushiro

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
You are absolutely right! And believe me, the developer has a pretty clear plan. But you might have noticed how much pressure is being put on him, primarily in terms of development timelines, but also in terms of the content of the game. Therefore, one must understand that this greatly interferes with him.
pressure serves as a stimulus.
if no one said anything it would be even slower (supporters don't complain anyway)

Reactions: Toushiro

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
pressure serves as a stimulus.
if no one said anything it would be even slower (supporters don't complain anyway)
Of course you are right, up to a certain point pressure serves as an incentive. But when it is excessive, it is harmful and can even lead to the destruction of the object being pressured. His nervous reaction tells me that he is not tough enough to handle heavy pressure.

darji

Nov 3, 2021
if you talk about Quality of the Render nothing comes close to this for sure. Especially the faces look so much better here. At least from what i have seen. Also I think he uses different assets than the rest. Many games share the same assets like the clothing store which I have seen like a hundred times already XD

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Watch out! They will come & say you are a texture-fetish and grass-fetish guy, and then some. ;)

If I really love this game but don't like the dev process, I wouldn't keep criticizing dev but find a way to change, make a similar game or mod, or go to another creator who can do that. But no, it would be too constructive for them. So redundant discussion over and over and over....:ROFLMAO:
if you talk about Quality of the Render nothing comes close to this for sure. Especially the faces look so much better here. At least from what i have seen.
IMO, DPC reduces rendering time by more than half, scene loading the same. And the lighting systems of the two cannot be compared.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes