Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
And again, all these assumption are based on fact that game must be placed in some real world country. But is it? Or this is maybe some fictional independent California.
The game of placing the setting of AWAM in a real place in the world did not start from me, but from someone who speculated that it might be set in El Salvador because in reality there is a city with that name in that country.
With my post I explained to you the reasons why I speculated that it might be more plausible to place it in the United States instead.
If the conversation then turns to the need to place a game in a real world country to make it more realistic, I can tell you that I personally do not feel that need to play it. However, what remains is what the developer through the game's settings and references to reality suggest to me as I play it.
L&P probably set his game in the fictitious mega-city of San Alejo (and not in San Jose or San Diego) precisely to take the question of his game's realism off the table right away (just like Rockstar did with Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro).

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
That's how he keeps this thing going:

... -> Hype -> More hype -> Enough hype to forget disappointments -> Extreme hype -> Release -> Disappointment -> Venting -> Settlement -> "Progress" -> *repeat*
Or to name some of those "hype" moments;

Beginning of last year, L&P upgrading his computer with 2 RTX 3090's promising to increase development speed after a ridiculous festival of bullshit the months prior to that. Obviously didn't happen, things only got slower.

Towards the end of last year, a roadmap with possible sex scenes in "only" 4 playable days (likely never, or atleast 8 years from now) after more and more people started speaking up about the lack of actual adult content in the game after 5 years of development.

Also end of last year, announcing event-based releases to give an illusion of faster updates/more content due to constant criticism about his piss poor development speed.

This year, Sophia learning how to walk, trying to make up for the complete and utter disaster of 0.155 development and new animations, slowing development down even further to a point where it's questionable if we'll even see the end of day 14, let alone day 15 before this project is abandoned.

I could go 2 years back and name more of those "hype" moments resulting in nothing but bullshit and disappointment, but I guess this'll do. So, what's next? L&P will surely have to make something up after the next 2-3 updates are gonna take forever to try and calm the angry mob down.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
The game of placing the setting of AWAM in a real place in the world did not start from me, but from someone who speculated that it might be set in El Salvador because in reality there is a city with that name in that country.
With my post I explained to you the reasons why I speculated that it might be more plausible to place it in the United States instead.
If the conversation then turns to the need to place a game in a real world country to make it more realistic, I can tell you that I personally do not feel that need to play it. However, what remains is what the developer through the game's settings and references to reality suggest to me as I play it.
L&P probably set his game in the fictitious mega-city of San Alejo (and not in San Jose or San Diego) precisely to take the question of his game's realism off the table right away (just like Rockstar did with Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro).
I don't know, but I feel that this entire discussion is going nowhere unless we bring back the conundrum of the 3000m a.s.l. airport at only 20min drive from the city on the coast. ;) :ROFLMAO:
1652455019946.png

1652455211297.png

for those interested in the topic https://f95zone.to/search/189363612/?q=airport&t=post&c[thread]=5944&o=relevance ;)

PS
ancienregimele looking at these early images again, I hope at least Patricia won't be affected by the... galloping inflation that hit Sophia ;)

Last edited:

hzafery

Aug 5, 2019
I'm just out of curiosity, what does it matter in which fuckin' country the game takes place? The absurd discussions that will not lead anyone anywhere take so long that I am surprised by people. Guys, this is a game and sometimes I think you take it too seriously. You are looking for the real perception or reference, but why? Don't take it so seriously. It is a game that almost all of us have hesitations about because it will have an end. Don't be hard on yourself, just play and enjoy.

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
And that's the whole point. You can't complain about this game because something isn't like in USA. There is bunch of statement on this forum that something isn't real because that's not normal for USA, or that he will end in prison because this is criminal act by US law... This is not USA. It looks like, but it isn't.
The idea that the game is set in the United States is not conjecture, but a fact suggested by the developer himself at least in a couple of dialogues in his game:
screenshot0051.png
screenshot0052.png
Then everything else is debatable.
Anyway I thank you for reminding me of this by David Bowie and Pat Metheny...

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
I'm just out of curiosity, what does it matter in which fuckin' country the game takes place? The absurd discussions that will not lead anyone anywhere take so long that I am surprised by people. Guys, this is a game and sometimes I think you take it too seriously. You are looking for the real perception or reference, but why? Don't take it so seriously. It is a game that almost all of us have hesitations about because it will have an end. Don't be hard on yourself, just play and enjoy.
now you know why this game got 4837 pages :ROFLMAO: .

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I don't know, but I feel that this entire discussion is going nowhere unless we bring back the conundrum of the 3000m a.s.l. airport at only 20min drive from the city on the coast. ;) :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1808802

View attachment 1808828

for those interested in the topic https://f95zone.to/search/189363612/?q=airport&t=post&c[thread]=5944&o=relevance ;)

PS
ancienregimele looking at these early images again, I hope at least Patricia won't be affected by the... galloping inflation that hit Sophia ;)
[EDIT: I keep forgetting that sarcasm dosen't work very well. I'm totally joking here, there, and mostly everywhere]
Dude, are you calling me out?!! I stand by my conclusions: it’s a fucking weird set up and insane to drop 3,000m and get into a residential area of what looks like a pretty large city that’s obviously on level ground and close to sea level (<25 minutes to beach?!!) in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Dude, are you calling me out?!! I stand by my conclusions: it’s a fucking weird set up and insane to drop 3,000m and get into a residential area of what looks like a pretty large city that’s obviously on level ground and close to sea level (<25 minutes to beach?!!) in 20 minutes.
Coincidentally I was reading recently that Peru has some crazy geography where such an elevation gain is (almost) possible. But honestly, at this point I just have some fun and laugh with the silly error. We take this game so painfully seriously that I just have to have fun with something.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Coincidentally I was reading recently that Peru has some crazy geography where such an elevation gain is (almost) possible. But honestly, at this point I just have some fun and laugh with the silly error. We take this game so painfully seriously that I just have to have fun with something.
I did some research at the time, too. There are also areas in southern California where the altitude drop is possible.

I’m all in jest on this topic - I hope that’s obvious. It was such an oddly specific and completely weird detail to add, and the next thing you see is a completely flat city scape and another oddly specific “20 minutes later”.
It’s not exactly comedy gold but it does make me chuckle.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
By the looks of this, we're going to have to decide between Dylan with Sophia or Dylan with Ellie, we already had to decide if Dylan is with Emma or Sophia, really sucks.

I also don't get why the 2nd side job isn't just a side job update. like L&P does the next part for both side jobs in that update, so this way no matter what choice you made, you have something.
Maybe the dev is into making everyone(no matter route) wait for at least 1 year before even getting an update to play.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
And I fully support your conclusions!!!
I remember very well the discussion back then, to me it was one of the funniest and entertaining conversation we had here.
That's why I jokingly brought it back in this recurring topic (one of the many) about the location of S. Alejo, even with the history of the airport conversation.

And to this day I still cannot find an explanation about that sequence, where the mistake might have come from and why mentioning the altitude at all in the first place. Even if they were 3000ft (~ 1000m), it might have been more believable but why mention that? :D So oddly specific! We can probably only blame it on Carl being Carl, who probably was 3000m high at that point! :ROFLMAO:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
View attachment 1808802

View attachment 1808828

PS
Those were the days. It makes me wonder what Jason & Haru are going to say/think, (if we ever see them, or PD14, at this rate), when Sophia appears before them, now 3 sizes bigger than her sister, as for them it's been a matter of weeks, not years. [?? Something like, "Oh man, look at those Mommy milkers." "It's jigglin' time." "Awesome." "Did she get implants just for us? Look at them them bounce." Sadly the answer, in an indirect & yet unsophisticated way, is 'Yes']. No doubt they'll say/think nothing, 'because she's always looked the same'. Ah well, here's to all the Jasons & Harus out there....you won, courtesy of the Dev.

Seriously though, if whinging for air-bags got a positive result, why doesn't this work for faster updates?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: xxxorro

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Those were the days. It makes me wonder what Jason & Haru are going to say/think, (if we ever see them, or PD14, at this rate), when Sophia appears before them, now 3 sizes bigger than her sister, as for them it's been a matter of weeks, not years. [?? Something like, "Oh man, look at those Mommy milkers." "It's jigglin' time." "Awesome." "Did she get implants just for us? Look at them them bounce." Sadly the answer, in an indirect & yet unsophisticated way, is 'Yes']. No doubt they'll say/think nothing, 'because she's always looked the same'. Ah well, here's to all the Jasons & Harus out there....you won, courtesy of the Dev.

Seriously though, if whinging for air-bags got a positive result, why doesn't this work for faster updates?
Because we still get members saying how great the animations are etc, that are causing the delays

3.30 star(s) 451 Votes