freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
What game are you playing? You should check to make sure you’re posting to the right thread.. we’re taking about this mentality challenged snail of a game that goes nowhere fast called “A Wife and Mother” ..
They're just giddy, there are rumors of a kiss in 2 months time.

Reactions: CaptMorgan76

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
Well good for you:)
But for us who are actualy give him money,the signs are not good.The longer the game is in the market the slower are updates.
I am afraid that the guy sooner or later will burnout.Just the last 6 months we have so many games that are abandoned and several more that are on hold or in limbo.
I think it was @Avaron1974 who explain the Patreon games market.
Yeah found it.
yeah we all know patreon regulation changed on incest content in october 2017 and this game was made before that date so the developer said he already wrote the whole story but he need to changed some story that involved her own children or family members, and we already know that there's no dylan-ellie or dylan-sophie sex scene. and i think any games that are made before that date run into deadlocks we have seen so many "incest" games become on-hold or abandoned well luckyly this dev know he should change the whole story and turn this game into sexless adult games, if we want some sex scene don't bother just stick on fan thread on the op and we also have a fan games or we can wait a year longer for some action

and i agree this sophia render are mediocre compared with another dev renders

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
yeah we all know patreon regulation changed on incest content in october 2017 and this game was made before that date so the developer said he already wrote the whole story but he need to changed some story that involved her own children or family members, and we already know that there's no dylan-ellie or dylan-sophie sex scene. and i think any games that are made before that date run into deadlocks we have seen so many "incest" games become on-hold or abandoned well luckyly this dev know he should change the whole story and turn this game into sexless adult games, if we want some sex scene don't bother just stick on fan thread on the op and we also have a fan games or we can wait a year longer for some action

and i agree this sophia render are mediocre compared with another dev renders
Yes, except no not really.. That is to say, that is the saddest copout I've ever heard. You couldn't toss a stone on here without hitting quite literally over a hundred incest themed games that (without much effort) found work arounds to the new rules. Just off the top of my head, the most common fix is letting you the player decide the relationship between player and characters IE; Roommate, Landlady, Mom, Sis, and so on. So, not trying to be rude, but we call a collective bullshit on that. This Dev likes to brag about his "art" and "vision" but the scene from Timestamps does a spot on job of pointing out and highlighting just how lazy this Dev really is. Side note, most if not all of the abandoned games you referred to did so at the onset without putting much effort or research into the aforementioned mods/edits. The ones who stuck it out created a kind of template for others to follow, and now there is really no reason to roll over on the issue.

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
Yes, except no not really.. That is to say, that is the saddest copout I've ever heard. You couldn't toss a stone on here without hitting quite literally over a hundred incest themed games that (without much effort) found work arounds to the new rules. Just off the top of my head, the most common fix is letting you the player decide the relationship between player and characters IE; Roommate, Landlady, Mom, Sis, and so on. So, not trying to be rude, but we call a collective bullshit on that. This Dev likes to brag about his "art" and "vision" but the scene from Timestamps does a spot on job of pointing out and highlighting just how lazy this Dev really is. Side note, most if not all of the abandoned games you referred to did so at the onset without putting much effort or research into the aforementioned mods/edits. The ones who stuck it out created a kind of template for others to follow, and now there is really no reason to roll over on the issue.
yes i agree with you, imo he can actually put some sex scene with other side characters for example ellie with her boyfriend, or liam with his girlfriend but this developer mention on his patreon page he is not a fan for a cheap sex

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
yes i agree with you, imo he can actually put some sex scene with other side characters for example ellie with her boyfriend, or liam with his girlfriend but this developer mention on his patreon page he is not a fan for a cheap sex
As I already half-joked about in an earlier post, The dev is clearly not a fan of ANY sex...

Reactions: torkenstiem

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Is there any way to change the relationship? I've had two missed opportunities because I did not have enough points even though I was filthy ... is there any code?

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
Is there any way to change the relationship? I've had two missed opportunities because I did not have enough points even though I was filthy ... is there any code?
Yes, but no.. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Allow me to explain, yes technically you can toy around with it using UnRen and digging through this thread, but it's pointless because nothing you do seems to help (hence all the comments) the Dev intentionally seems to have written her this way.. She may not wear the outfit, but she's basically a nun.. Everything remotely sexual shocks her so bad it's hard to see how she even had two kids in the first place! You can build up all the "Filthy" points you want, it won't help. The only real change that seemed to last is the "Lesbian Temptation" points. In any other game, if you made as many "naughty" choices as most of have here the MC would be running down the street butt naked, impaling herself on anyone or anything that stood still for two seconds.. not this game! No No.. She's just as frigid by the end of the last update as the opening.. maybe more so. The ONLY way you get to see her have actual sex is if you play the straight "Good Wife" route. That's why there's so many frustrated jokes on here about "maybe two years from now"

Reactions: Ruodger

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The game has actually several parts that you can screw up, and then be unable to progress with certain character -- without the game being over.Some choices you must take are confusing and you arent given an idea of their effect on the story/like Sophia don't go change to her swimsuit at the start of swimming lesson/, meaning you might do something that locked you out of some other part of the story and you wouldnt even know it.
It's never a good sign to must check always the WT to not miss a crucial point.

Skantarios

Jun 18, 2017
I'll go against the grain here and say I don't mind the slow buildup at all. It's a faithful woman being slowly tempted into developing forbidden liaisons. The writing and pacing is fine in the story. The problem here is the development time. Waiting months for a nipple tease is unsatisfying and people are (understandably) reacting poorly to that. While I love this game and where it seems to be headed i wouldn't support it on patreon, I'd prefer paying for it after being done to support the dev. I'm sure if the game dropped finished people would be much kinder. Sadly the dev did this to himself with the patreon route. People don't want to shill out top dollar every month to get a few more scenes of conversation and setup for a (hopefully) great payoff.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
After I saw this game referenced in Timestamps I had to give it a try to see what the fuzz is about. And to be honest I don't get it. It is advertized as a slow buildup. And that's exactly what it is. People who complain about this are being silly. Like, if you steal a black Range Rover and then complain it isn't a yellow Ferrari I have to question your intelligence.

Also it does look pretty nice considering it is the dev's first game. There's a lot attention to detail. The various characters change clothes instead of running around in the same outfit everyday as if they were the Simpsons. The writing is coherent and easy to read. All in all a good game if you accept the premise it is built on.

People don't want to shill out top dollar every month to get a few more scenes of conversation and setup for a (hopefully) great payoff.
Well we're pirates here, so our perspective might be biased. If you look at the Patreon page of this game it looks like there are actually lot of people willing to pledge. I think this might be in the top 10% earning-wise of all the games we see on this forum.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
After I saw this game referenced in Timestamps I had to give it a try to see what the fuzz is about. And to be honest I don't get it. It is advertized as a slow buildup. And that's exactly what it is. People who complain about this are being silly. Like, if you steal a black Range Rover and then complain it isn't a yellow Ferrari I have to question your intelligence.

Also it does look pretty nice considering it is the dev's first game. There's a lot attention to detail. The various characters change clothes instead of running around in the same outfit everyday as if they were the Simpsons. The writing is coherent and easy to read. All in all a good game if you accept the premise it is built on.

Well we're pirates here, so our perspective might be biased. If you look at the Patreon page of this game it looks like there are actually lot of people willing to pledge. I think this might be in the top 10% earning-wise of all the games we see on this forum.
People are complaining mostly for irregular updates.
Did you know that we get 2 and half playable days of the game for last 237 days?
That,at least for me,is realy not enough for a game that will be 31 playable days.

Reactions: RedGlow

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
It's like a webcam girl. If she shows all her pivate parts from the beginning, the costumer get bored sooner o later. but if she plays smart, leaving space for imagination, she's gonna make more money and last longer.
If it takes her 2 months to take off her coat not many will hang around.

Reactions: CaptMorgan76

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If there was a full day every 30-40 days of development it would be fine. It's the slow development that's the killer.
Well that was the original idea.10 days per year.But all that go out of the window.We now must be happy if we get 4 days per year.

3.30 star(s) 457 Votes