Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I was a supporter for the last two years (legend and master) i've never seen a liar like him who spits in the face of those who pay him for his work.

80% (master,legend and legend yet) choose to stay with option C but this dictator clearly tells them to go f*ck themselves.

The questions that intrigues me is, if he knew he was going to use a new model anyway, why he proposes the original Sophia in his poll ?

Is he going to take another poll to choose between option A or B or is he going to choose himself ?
He held a poll for Sophia's summer dress textures and then ignored the results and went with his own choice.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Luis2008

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
Just went through the new intro for part 1... My thoughts lighting is better in general but the rerenders for the main characters are another matter. Sophia to me looks less feminine and more sculpted and shows her teeth too much, however, the worst depiction is probably Liam who now looks unshaven, has narrow eyes and looks like a leering pervert. The difference with Liam is so marked that when we return to the original renders after the intro it looks as though Liam has been recast. Similarly Dylan and Ellie also suffer somewhat from leering eyes and no longer look like the wide eyed innocent young adults we know. The depicted expressions are not so good in my opinion. Patricia comes out best in the new rerenders as she is the least changed and would now be my favorite character.
Can you upload all the pictures?

Is he going to take another poll to choose between option A or B or is he going to choose himself ?
He already re-rendered intro with new model there is no choosing.

DylansMoM_001

Apr 30, 2023

Finally started working on the new update! The next teaser from the mini event with Sam will be out soon too.

PS: Part 1 is now available with the revised renders of the intro until the arrival at the new house.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
me waiting for the AWAM final update
images (2).jpeg

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

Hey guys,
First of all, I completely understand how attached you might feel towards the old look of Sophia. But sometimes it's necessary to make adjustments to keep things exciting and competitive in an ever-evolving VN gaming landscape.
My decision to alter the appearance of the main character was not made lightly or without thorough consideration. It's been on my mind for quite some time. While resistance to change is natural, it’s essential to evolve and adapt to remain relevant.
I want you to know that your feedback is incredibly valuable to me. It played a significant role in guiding the design process, ensuring that we stay true to the original look and feel of Sophia. I firmly believe that the proposed changes will only serve to enhance the overall user experience and bring more joy to this community.
Your support means a lot, and I hope you can trust my judgment in this matter. I encourage you to give the updated character design a fair chance. I have no doubt that our progress will be evident to all with the upcoming update.
Thank you!
Here's the comparison with the links below to the slider versions for a better impression:
200w.gif

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

Finally started working on the new update! The next teaser from the mini event with Sam will be out soon too.

PS: Part 1 is now available with the revised renders of the intro until the arrival at the new house.

and where is the link to this first remastered part? and then he decided on Sophia's new model on his own? voting results?

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
What let you think he used the new model in the part 1 remake? I'm pretty sure it's not the case.
That makes sense.
But he's not done re-making the early game visuals right, and he's unlikely to want to hang onto the 'old' Sophia model now he's got the shiny new one.
So does that mean people starting this game fresh a year from now are going to end up yo-yoing between Old Sophia, New Sophia, Old Sophia, New Sophia as they go through the story...?

I think the face change is good news, in a roundabout kind of way. The Age of Sophia is Over, The Age of Sofia has Begun!

Seriously though, we all always knew that this game was going to end someday - and not with a happy 'The End' at the close of Playable-Day 30... the developer deciding to change the face of the main character that I/we had grown so attached to is as good an Off-Ramp as any.

Not saying that I'm outta here for good, but I'm optimistic this could be the push I need to finally get away from this game.

Reactions: aiden1213

marcoelho

Oct 2, 2017
he made her with the same flat face like the teenager girls and sam mom again... they all look the same flat faces like dolls.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
I’m not making any bets - i’m talking about the fact that this project will lose interest among the mass fan base due to the change of the MC - and whether they will support it or not is the second thing! Personally i lost interest! For me, this is no longer a game - which is already more than five years old - and especially since his patreons voted for option C, he didn’t care about their opinion! He picked up the shovel to dig the grave himself!

My grandfather was a perceptive man and when he saw the Titanic he tried to warn people that he would drown, but no one listened to him, they just beat him up and kicked him out of the cinema!
:LOL: ;)
the problem is that all those who have lost interest are not his supporters.
I want to see the riot on patreon

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
So he's really stupid? he should have just proposed the 2 new models in the poll (try to reduce the debates) or he really believed that his 2 disgusting new models were going to destroy option C in the poll...
I'm taking it from this guy comment because it wouldnt make sense to redo the intro with old model and then release a new one. Nobody else yet shared anything from the new part1 intro.

Just went through the new intro for part 1... My thoughts lighting is better in general but the rerenders for the main characters are another matter. Sophia to me looks less feminine and more sculpted and shows her teeth too much, however, the worst depiction is probably Liam who now looks unshaven, has narrow eyes and looks like a leering pervert. The difference with Liam is so marked that when we return to the original renders after the intro it looks as though Liam has been recast. Similarly Dylan and Ellie also suffer somewhat from leering eyes and no longer look like the wide eyed innocent young adults we know. The depicted expressions are not so good in my opinion. Patricia comes out best in the new rerenders as she is the least changed and would now be my favorite character.

abram1

May 24, 2020
I'll refresh memory of how EJ Adora appearance aka Sophia from AWAM has been changing in a span of it's development.
Sophia got her looks that we all go accustomed to during second half of PD11, check her out during riding sybian event. After that L&P was improving her little by little. But he really fucked her up at 0.190. The last 2 screenshots. That's already not her. Probably, he tweaked smth and realised his mistake, thus current sudden face-lifting or I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

Her new face ain't the biggest issue of AWAM. Where's update on PD14, side jobs are staying or not, any news on Steam release etc. And what was the point of the poll if the Sophia 4.0 already debuting right from the PD14. Those new model don't look appalling and actually pretty good, especially B option with wrinkles, current Sophia doesn't have that feature. He should've give her back her eyebrows, slightly skewed eyes and the bridge of the nose and it'll basically be the same face but with better textures.

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
I'll refresh memory of how EJ Adora appearance aka Sophia from AWAM has been changing in a span of it's development.
Sophia got her looks that we all go accustomed to during second half of PD11, check her out during riding sybian event. After that L&P was improving her little by little. But he really fucked her up at 0.190. The last 2 screenshots. That's already not her. Probably, he tweaked smth and realised his mistake, thus current sudden face-lifting or I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

Her new face ain't the biggest issue of AWAM. Where's update on PD14, side jobs are staying or not, any news on Steam release etc. And what was the point of the poll if the Sophia 4.0 already debuting right from the PD14. Those new model don't look appalling and actually pretty good, especially B option with wrinkles, current Sophia doesn't have that feature. He should've give her back her eyebrows, slightly skewed eyes and the bridge of the nose and it'll basically be the same face but with better textures.
Hard to tell how much changed with all that different lighting, different makeup, different expressions, different postprocess color grading, different angle etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Alea iacta est
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes