abram1

May 24, 2020
Overall, that was a pretty good update, that should've been released at least a month earlier.

I'll talk about good stuff later, but now let's get a little bit SAALTYY.

First of all, the amount of unnecessary storylines L&P is trying to shove into this game. Like, what, Sophia doesn't have enough on her shoulders and now a soccer team? I was thinking that nursing home and religous family is more than enough, but clearly it's not. And I'm not even mentioning Mr. DeShawn with a hints of possible threesome in the future updates. At this rate I hope my unborn grandchildren will finish this game.
Overabundance of scenes, where the author is trying to explain his worldview through the eyes of his characters. The club night on Day 9 still holds the crown with that Madonna\Britney bollocks but what the hell was happening during the shower scene? We have really good writers at the Fan Art thread, Bane71 and Mamonetti, who could've easily written some amazing lines, expressing, how Sophia is falling in love with her own child and instead of trying to fight her feelings gradually succumbs to them. But no, we got what we got.

Now to the better side. The quality of renders is phenomenal. Anyone can compare morning shower scenes from Day 10 and this update - the jump is way too obvious to deny.
I've read some complaints about lack of animations in 0.115. Excuse me, what? Were you pressing TAB the whole time or something?
Before this update I was already saying that there should be some fingering involved and I wasn't disappointed. The moment when they were plaiyng with themselves in front of each other - OMG, and people are complaining that there's too much lesbain scenes. Are you nuts? This entire game should've been turned into "I'm becoming sexually attracted to women and there's no turning back". I guess the next step is mutual masturbation on Day 14 followed by the volcano eruption on Day 16 with 3+ Ellie events.
And I can only feel sorry for those, who don't follow the lesbian part and prefer the GW. Yeah, one more sex scene with Liam, which was done much better than the previuos one. But, you, guys are missing the best parts of the game and than angrily declaring "This is trash". No wonder for you this update is over in about 5-10 minutes, as you skipped 80% of it.

Good thing that not only Sophia and Ellie, but Pat also will join Sam's perfomance, which can help develop sisters bonding or even Ellie/aunt relationship, as Ellie was eager to make out with her. Again, way too many options, it's looks more like a tangled fishing line than a beautifully crafted spider web right now.
But, hey, we have a decade (!) ahead, before it's done, so don't get mad at the Dev. He's working alone, that's his weakness and strength simultaneously.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
This could be one of the best games on this site but the shitty pacing just drags it down. Its fine to not turn the female MC into a slut in the first updates but at this point we are like 3 years into the game..its just too much.

Not sure how the dev still has so many patreons

Reactions: tom882 and progo

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Most of his Patrons members are very supportive of his work. I haven't seen any complaints or negative feedback as of yet.
It's not a bad story, the characters are beautiful and the renders are quite good It's just taking far too long to get anywhere interesting and the characters that the dev seems to want to concentrate on the most are the ones that I, personally, have zero interest in. Sophia seems to be all over the ones that I want to avoid and she's avoiding the ones that I want her to get intimate with. I'll say it again, in my opinion there are far too many characters in this one.

It's all very well stringing people along for a while to keep them interested but there comes a time when they'll just say "screw it" and go find something else.

NykWolf

Aug 4, 2017
One clever guy once said one big wisdom.
1609320211396.png

For me us Sophia/Ellie fans it was little disappoint. Especially when I see the great event before. But it could be worse. Another event was good but Sophia/Ellie is better content.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Before this update I was already saying that there should be some fingering involved and I wasn't disappointed. The moment when they were plaiyng with themselves in front of each other - OMG, and people are complaining that there's too much lesbain scenes. Are you nuts? This entire game should've been turned into "I'm becoming sexually attracted to women and there's no turning back"
Thanks for posting that. It actually prompted me to give it a try after all. That shower scene with Ellie was really quite nice.

Still think there are far too many characters in the story though and it's taking far too long to get anywhere ;)

Last edited:

jas13

Nov 22, 2017
You're lying to yourself if you think this dev will progress the game at all after these years , he's like a corrupted politician got elected every time , he will never stop milking his people without doing anything to his country , blame the cows, this dev is smart and this is his style , his idea of working , if you want the politician to change you need a revolution or just replace him with better one , if other devs in this forum take this game as fan continuation with a 1/10 of his monthly payment , he will do a better job and everyone will be happy.

Marioc17

Dec 26, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of A Wife And Mother v0.115.
SPOILER: touch screen usage

at the end of v0.115 the game state is saved. you'll need it to start my android port of the next game release.
provide a meaningful name to keep different playthroughs apart.
you find the official walkthrough & character sheet within the help tab of the game menu.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 30.12.2020 (v0.115)

@ssasin

Oct 13, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of A Wife And Mother v0.115.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

at the end of v0.115 the game state is saved. you'll need it to start my android port of the next game release.
provide a meaningful name to keep different playthroughs apart.
you find the official walkthrough & character sheet within the help tab of the game menu.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 30.12.2020 (v0.115)
Hie mate, could you please help with compressed file for this version

Marco 1592

Sep 23, 2020
This is a nice update, only it is too visual there are no "real" scenes because I think that after more than two years it is permissible to see more dirty scenes, and not only with the "husband and children" also the choice to fuck us all the other people met so far. The graphics are wonderful, but the plot is not linear every day a different story begins and the previous one is not concluded (for example the boys met at the beginning of the game at the museum with their sister, a possible revenge of the rapists under the passage of the train, scenes in the nursing home, just to tell you a few). We are currently on day 19 out of 30 and according to the author there will be many sexual scenes with many characters; ok but seeing them all together and maybe the last days of the game is not nice. To conclude the releases of updates every three / four months for 4 truly fruitful scenes, other games that have thousands of followers in 3/4 months or less make incredible updates (example: the way, reunion to name a few).
Someone will be able to say that with graphics like this and assembly it takes time, and for heaven's sake there is, but the guy also takes 5000 dollars (and from being very smart he took away what he takes) and more at the canteen on patreon he might as well hire someone and facilitating updates, does not do so because it makes him comfortable to take $ 15,000 for each update; perhaps saying that "these days everything is broth".
A greeting.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
You're lying to yourself if you think this dev will progress the game at all after these years , he's like a corrupted politician got elected every time , he will never stop milking his people without doing anything to his country , blame the cows, this dev is smart and this is his style , his idea of working , if you want the politician to change you need a revolution or just replace him with better one , if other devs in this forum take this game as fan continuation with a 1/10 of his monthly payment , he will do a better job and everyone will be happy.
Yeah its obvious he will just blue ball us until people stop giving him money. But apparently his patreons are easily satisfied

Reactions: ▌Gin ▐

Marco 1592

Sep 23, 2020
The developer said he didn't intentionally extend the development period, but it's a clear lie. It is proved by statistics.

Day 3102 days22.10.2017 - 01.02.2018
Day 4 & 11 (playable day 4)88 days01.02.2018 - 30.04.2018
Day 12 (playable day 5)50 days30.04.2018 - 19.06.2018
Day 13 (p.d. 6)28 days19.06.2018 - 17.07.2018
Day 14 (p.d. 7)77 days17.07.2018 - 02.10.2018
Day 15 (p.d. 8)95 days02.10.2018 - 05.01.2019
Day 16 (p.d. 9)153 days05.01.2019 - 07.06.2019
Day 17 (p.d. 10)204 days07.06.2019 - 28.12.2019
Day 18 (p.d. 11)258 days28.12.2019 - 11.09.2020

As you can see clearly the game development got slower and slower.
From ~80-90 days per playable day to over 200.
The devs render speed increased over the time, but not much (see in spoiler), while he/she unnecessarily increases the amount of renders by three times (without counting animations in).
Now the dev wants to release day 19 in 3 parts to assure faster updates...
But with that the game processes slower, cause the dev will certainly add even more renders and each render will require more time.

That's a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.
If each playable day needs 200 days to create and they're 19 left, then the dev won't finish it until 2030!
I think exactly like you, the smart guy has understood that this is an excellent source of income, extends the days of updating so in the meantime he has excellent monthly earnings.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes