Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
1 Month? Talk about respect for those that pay him. I hope they like to be suckers
Respect for those who pay him? L&P? Joke of the day! L&P has proven himself to be a hot-headed self-censored repeatedly and at current speed of development AWAM would be finished somewhere in the 2040s. But rest assured, without massive changes in workflow and project managment, it will never be finished! (I know that some of his defenders here will send "facepalms" again, but believe me, if for any time I have already seen projects like this, I would get an Euro for presaging it´s fate, then my winter retirement house in Samoa would be standing)
Those who pay L&P just for his artwork will be fine, those who want a finished game are in for a very rude awakening!

In his post, L&P talks about 10 years, which might barely be possible with a lot of long term motivation for a one-person project. Only that with AWAM the issue is that L&P would take about 27 more years from now at the current development speed (1.5 years for one game day) to finish the 30 game days he has planned.

So maybe it is better to have a just "good game" finished than the first half of a "perfect game" that is canceled.
That last sentence of the quote L&P should print and hang in bold letters in every room where he lives!

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Respect for those who pay him? L&P? Joke of the day! L&P has proven himself to be a hot-headed self-censored repeatedly and at current speed of development AWAM would be finished somewhere in the 2040s. But rest assured, without massive changes in workflow and project managment, it will never be finished! (I know that some of his defenders here will send "facepalms" again, but believe me, if for any time I have already seen projects like this, I would get an Euro for presaging it´s fate, then my winter retirement house in Samoa would be standing)
Those who pay L&P just for his artwork will be fine, those who want a finished game are in for a very rude awakening!

That last sentence of the quote L&P should print and hang in bold letters in every room where he lives!
I don't know but, I have always been concerned with the project management (or lack thereof) and have enjoyed his art. Now, I find myself definitely in the 'Oh crap he WILL go the foot of the mountain path'. I wonder if am I turning to the dark side of the Sith or is it the light side of seeking truth as a Jedi. In this case, it seems L&P has performed a miracle and may be making both true simultaneously.:ROFLMAO::coffee:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Thank you for your reply to my question. The upcoming Andy and Cathy event has stirred my imagination, and what I propose is just a notion of whimsy. What if there was chemistry in the past between Liam and Cathy as well as with Andy and Sophia? Whether the chemistry was realized in either case 20 years ago may play into this idea.
What if old feelings quietly emerge between Sophia and Andy, and likewise between Liam and Cathy? To continue the thought, what if these feelings Sophia has grows independently of Liam's feelings for Cathy? There could be a short string of events in which Sophia's fidelity is tested by temptation for Andy, while at the same time Liam's commitment to Sophia is tested with Cathy. This could raise the question as to who is more loyal. Would Sophia secretly succumb to her lust? Would Liam resist the willing arms of Cathy's embrace as a final fling before her wedding? Would both give into their lust, and in independent scenarios consummate their latent desires? It would be even more entertaining if Andy and Cathy were in collusion to test the long marriage of their long-time friends. I would personally enjoy the dramatic tension leading up to such an event, as well as how the secret liaison(s) would resolve.
Yes, there could have been her mind game if L&P had followed its original plan and alternately told the story from Sophias and then again from Liam's point of view. Now Liam is just a projection surface for the main character Sophia. That is exactly why I think it is so difficult to tell a swinger event in such a short time frame. This erotic game that you propose cannot work if the 4 people only have a maximum of 3 evenings available maybe.
I agree the swinger event can only work as a short circuit event in my opinion. The starting point would be Laim's obvious interest in Cathy for Sophia, which is likely to be reciprocated. Perhaps in an unobserved moment, Cathy is acting quite aggressively. Sophia sees it. On both the Good Wife and Filthy routes, Sophia is injured (and also aroused). And wants to catch up and starts the game with Andrew. In the meantime, Liam has rejected Cathy and is returning to his wife. And now, for his part, observes Sophia and Andrew in action. He too feels hurt now and continues with Cathy. They both end up having sex. They can then talk about it on the Good-Wife Route and start a new chapter in their relationship. On the Filthy route, both will pretend they don't know what the other has done.

I am here because of such mind games! That makes the difference to other games. And that's why all the side stories are important to me. To have fun.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I don't know but, I have always been concerned with the project management (or lack thereof) and have enjoyed his art. Now, I find myself definitely in the 'Oh crap he WILL go the foot of the mountain path'. I wonder if am I turning to the dark side of the Sith or is it the light side of seeking truth as a Jedi. In this case, it seems L&P has performed a miracle and may be making both true simultaneously.:ROFLMAO::coffee:
Jedi and Sith are totally overhyped, Grey Order and Jensaarai for the Win!:cool:;) As for project managment, the slow remake of "Where it all Began" is likelier to see the light of day before we are at halftime of AWAM!

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017

I know the guy is a jackass, but he mght have a brain, because there is no way this game will hold in terms of quality with more 10 years minimum on top of it. The technology is constantly changing, and you see impressive stuff concerning renders, and what is good now will not be in 10 years. So, if he wants to finish the game up to standards he needs to speed up his game.
Jessica O´Neil suffers this problem as well, but the renders of Jessica O´Neil are more realistic and will hold longer. And i doubt the dev wants to do much more days in game, he will wrap stuff up in a year or 2 i´m sure. Because despite all, his releases are full days

Reactions: Toushiro and Turret

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Mob > Aiden any day of the week. Liam will end up paying the Morello's one way or another. And Aiden is a criminal but that could be easily handled compare with the Morellos.
BUT...."Just when you think you're out....they pull you back in." Mafia connections don't 'go away'. Bullies grow up, mature, move on etc. School days come to an end but organised crime just keeps on reinventing itself. Everybody looking forward to Morello dealing with the blackmailers should be concerned what extra obligations this could entail. It is especially true for anyone who sees Sophia as a porcelain doll who should be wrapped in cotton wool. I can't imagine any nice art lessons with the Morellos, even if they choose to behave like gentlemen, for a while.

I'm aware there are those who think Liam should bed down with the fishes but at this point he's absolutely necessary in a number of different ways. Aiden & Bennett are unlikey to be able to provide the sort of existential threat that Don Morello can generate with one simple, direct phone call.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
There are fans of games such as FB who call for complete degradation, torture, bestiality etc. Here, a forceful grope while everyone's in disguise, in a well-written art class scenario has even been equated with rape. Do you see the difference?
It was by no means rape, but it wasn't just "vigorous groping" by an inexperienced youth with a helmet on, it was gross sexual harassment.
Everything else is a trivializing description. That's how it is when you get involved in the dark side of power ;).

Reactions: Talcum Powder

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Liam is the only one to blame for what will happen on this route. Do you think Liam can blame Sophia for what she'll do to save the family? Liam will shut up and actually be grateful to Sophia.

As for Aiden, the development is worrying :ROFLMAO:
Usually men screw up and when women have to fix this mistake, men take it for granted and things get out of hand, those men are not grateful.

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
just passing by to say our dev boy here is nearing 2000 patreons, increasing his peak by 200 at 2/3 of the month

sure hope this support motivates him and he delivers to their content.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Toushiro and Bane71

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I'm aware there are those who think Liam should bed down with the fishes but at this point he's absolutely necessary in a number of different ways.
Can you provide some rationale for this part of your post? I categorically disagree with both aspects of this statement but am happy to be enlightened or even corrected, and even if I'm not convinced I always enjoy your perspective.

Second point first:
Liam is in no way necessary to any story at this point except the good wife path which I personally believe is the favorite of a very very slim percent of players. If eliminated Morello would simply transfer the gambling debt obligation to Sophia. Where else is he even important, let alone absolutely necessary?

First point second:
No one thinks Liam should bed down with the fishes. I think everyone thinks Liam should bed down with Cathy, an opportunity made available because Sophia stayed at Sam's concert, get discovered by Andy who tells Sophia who tells Patricia who tells Carl who takes out a contract with Morello to whack Liam that get's taken up by the hobos who completely botch the job having become insecure in their toughness and resolve having watched Dylan pummel one of them, which results in Liam getting badly injured and limping off to the other side of the park near the statue where he collapses and gets shit upon seven times by seven different pigeons before he's discovered by Alyssa who is walking to the nearby coffee shop to deliver a copy of Antonio's ignition key to Sophia. The key just happens to be blue.

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
It was by no means rape, but it wasn't just "vigorous groping" by an inexperienced youth with a helmet on, it was gross sexual harassment.
Everything else is a trivializing description. That's how it is when you get involved in the dark side of power ;).
So, we'd best bring all the enforced stuff to a grinding halt? There's so many ways to do this already for those who don't want to pursue it but we've been here before. You know the routine & it does come direct from the dark side. I want Aiden to go much further but I can't see it happening.

On a 'lighter' note, I was young & newly married for the first time in the late 70s & swinging was something of a craze, or at least the thought of it was. At a party completely made up of couples & after "a few drinks," dancing & games the evening took an odd turn. We all knew each other, either from school, or from the local club & nightclub scene. It was suggested that we play the randomly selected partner kissing game of our youth, i.e. when we'd been 11-14. Everybody agreed & we proceeded. [FASTFWD]

There came a point at which we all looked at each other. Things were somewhat tense. Wordlessly, we unanimously decided that we'd gone far enough. Moral of the story? It's quite hard to decide to turn a birthday party into a swinging event!

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
So, we'd best bring all the enforced stuff to a grinding halt? There's so many ways to do this already for those who don't want to pursue it but we've been here before. You know the routine & it does come direct from the dark side. I want Aiden to go much further but I can't see it happening.

On a 'lighter' note, I was young & newly married for the first time in the late 70s & swinging was something of a craze, or at least the thought of it was. At a party completely made up of couples & after "a few drinks," dancing & games the evening took an odd turn. We all knew each other, either from school, or from the local club & nightclub scene. It was suggested that we play the randomly selected partner kissing game of our youth, i.e. when we'd been 11-14. Everybody agreed & we proceeded. [FASTFWD]

There came a point at which we all looked at each other. Things were somewhat tense. Wordlessly, we unanimously decided that we'd gone far enough. Moral of the story? It's quite hard to decide to turn a birthday party into a swinging event!
I didn't write that. Not even hinted that the Aiden Route should come to a weak, soggy end. I'll leave the Aiden Route when bitterness outweighs sweetness for me. But when we deal with this path I don't want to water down the things that are shown there with a "pink" language. Shouldn't that be okay here ?! Good night.

farrah

Lesbian incest the best!
Donor
Aug 26, 2017
Hey, another Sex Ed theme, but a sexy one at that. So we are up to how many sexy themes now? 3?
At least what happens between mother and daughter much more intimate and sensitive. After all, Sophia's goal was not to teach Ellie to masturbate. She wanted help Ellie to cum.
Hopefully one day she makes it with her tongue :sneaky:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Can you provide some rationale for this part of your post? I categorically disagree with both aspects of this statement but am happy to be enlightened or even corrected, and even if I'm not convinced I always enjoy your perspective.

Second point first:
Liam is in no way necessary to any story at this point except the good wife path which I personally believe is the favorite of a very very slim percent of players. If eliminated Morello would simply transfer the gambling debt obligation to Sophia. Where else is he even important, let alone absolutely necessary?

First point second:
No one thinks Liam should bed down with the fishes. I think everyone thinks Liam should bed down with Cathy, an opportunity made available because Sophia stayed at Sam's concert, get discovered by Andy who tells Sophia who tells Alyssa who tells Carl who takes out a contract with Morello to whack Liam that get's taken up by the hobos who completely botch the job having become insecure in their toughness and resolve having watched Dylan pummel one of them, which results in Liam getting badly injured and limping off to the other side of the park near the statue where he collapses and gets shit upon seven times by seven different pigeons before he's discovered by Alyssa who is walking to the nearby coffee shop to deliver a Antonio's ignition key to Sophia. The key just happens to be blue.
Well, the first & prime reason for Liam's continued prescence is the fact that it's his job keeping a roof over the Parker's heads. Sophia could never afford that palace on a teacher's salary, even if she doubled the number of side jobs. That makes him necessary for every branch of the story. He works very hard, even to the extent of receiving a fax, (an unforgiveable faux pas), while in the middle of some good role-play sex. OK, it's possible he may have gambled when he was supposed to be working but we don't know this, it's just speculation, mine included.

He's a faithful husband, an attribute which should never be underestimated, especially given the environment in which he makes a living. His prescence is conducive to the stable background from which Sophia can have her adventures, in the way she does. If that background were to crumble the story would take a different turn or two. I'm not sure how some of the storylines could be impacted. Perhaps we'll get to find out. He's been overcome by addiction sufficient to place it all under threat but for now it's all still there. We've been told he's not having an affair (up to now), by the Dev himself. As for looking at Cathy, my guess is we'd all have done that, even if just briefly, whilst feeling guilty.

Liam acts as a pivotal point. If he left or didn't exist, nor would any extra-marital sex event, if we ever get to see it!

Essential also is Liam's lacklustre performance in the bedroom, without which Sophia would have no need to think about the sexual potential of the situations in which she finds herself, (even though we've probably all done this, whether or not we had a satisfying sex life at the time) & thus a whole big excuse for corruption would vanish.

He's proven so unpopular, (& I'm not a big fan either, especially given his ignorance in failing to attempt to understand his own son's chosen sport but this is believable in context), that you need only refer to previous posts in this thread to catch a continuous theme of Liam detracting. This is despite the fact that like the villainous blackmailers, the cuckcolded husband, (or wife), is a stock character in corruption games. They are never popular with fans, often being made that way on purpose but are a vital reflection of an MC's corruption. As they become more ragged, weaker, stupider or downright deranged, so the MC's developments can be taken up a notch or two. There have been various suggestions for his departure, or indeed demise, or wait......, was that Aiden, or Bennett, or was it Dylan?

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes