jonnybravo11

Apr 4, 2019
in lnp's defense,
what he meant by other artist completing their work on schedule = they work for money alone and do not care for game
but he is different
he cares for his game only and not for patrons or pirates, which is a better quality than being sincerity, and punctual release of updates,

he wants patrons money but saying that he does not care for their want for update, this is absurd
why dont he give back everyone's money and work on his game for which he has utmost devotion?

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro and MonaMS

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
in lnp's defense,
what he meant by other artist completing their work on schedule = they work for money alone and do not care for game
but he is different
he cares for his game only and not for patrons or pirates, which is a better quality than being sincerity, and punctual release of updates,

he wants patrons money but saying that he does not care for their want for update, this is absurd
why dont he give back everyone's money and work on his game for which he has utmost devotion?
Or at least only collect on a release month since he cares about his game so much.
He should of really lowered his prices considerng the content that we get now is lower than what it was

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
So, let me get this straight. L&P is arguing that devs that set and meet deadlines are, in fact, the ones who don't care about their game or its quality? That they are only interested in pleasing their patrons by giving them what they want?

The guy is fucking insane. Certifiable. Who thinks this way?
I'm not gonna defend the guy because he seems like an asshole but I will say that I used to focus heavily on deadlines and I ended up editing large parts of my story out just to meet those deadlines. I scrapped entire characters that probably could have fleshed my world out more in the beginning. But early on, patreon supporters want consistent updates monthly or they don't back you. Plus, I was super new and had zero experience with art, writing, or coding so I literally have to Google everything.

Eventually, I moved away from that model and I just write things at the pace they come to me and my project got way better; spending more time on things that are important to me. I would agree that if you're passionate about something, you'll focus more on details that may be less important to other people. I'm sure I've delayed updates for reasons that people disagreed with but I'm also the one that gets private messages from people complaining that a clock in one room doesn't have the same time as a clock in another room. This guy was crazy to include a scene with someone playing the guitar 'cause if those hand positions weren't on real chords, I guarantee his inbox blew up-- people do that at a staggering rate, lol.

At the end of the day, I think the point he was poorly hinting at is that people that set a date and then meet it at any cost may cut corners because they're just there for the money; those that are passionate about their project will make sure it's ready rather than release complete shit just because they set a deadline. But he def comes across wrong and seems like a jerk. I wouldn't support him just because of his attitude alone. If you were a new dev, you could pretty much just watch this guy and do the opposite and you'd probably run a pretty honest operation.

Feb 26, 2022
4600 pages about a game with no sex scenes, sheesh.
Thank you thank you thank you. I have been telling this from the start. People trying to figure out if the colour of the bricks match the ones at the school or the cafe, and if the lighting of the sun comes from the east trying to figure out the time and place Sofia is thinking lewdly about holding her sons hand. All the time spent talking about L&Ps lack of progress (pun intended) they could have found a real girlfriend out there. Enjoying a good erotic novel is one thing. Obsessing over a virtual chick is a mental condition that needs psychiatric observation.

qzbuyfhsef

Aug 29, 2021
Hello, do you think an update is possible for this month?

And that we can expect interesting content with Sophia and not only scenes with other characters who are less interesting X)

I hope he didn't catch the Icstor's virus :O

Apr 1, 2022
Thank you thank you thank you. I have been telling this from the start. People trying to figure out if the colour of the bricks match the ones at the school or the cafe, and if the lighting of the sun comes from the east trying to figure out the time and place Sofia is thinking lewdly about holding her sons hand. All the time spent talking about L&Ps lack of progress (pun intended) they could have found a real girlfriend out there. Enjoying a good erotic novel is one thing. Obsessing over a virtual chick is a mental condition that needs psychiatric observation.
I don't have an obsession with this game!!!, I worship Slaanesh(Slan)!, I'm just a believer following my spiritual leader!
57eccbd6aee575841ea5d4204437dc99.jpg tumblr_f715c5f7e9935add3a7fe57867b0a378_f3703b28_1280.png

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I'm not gonna defend the guy because he seems like an asshole but I will say that I used to focus heavily on deadlines and I ended up editing large parts of my story out just to meet those deadlines. I scrapped entire characters that probably could have fleshed my world out more in the beginning. But early on, patreon supporters want consistent updates monthly or they don't back you. Plus, I was super new and had zero experience with art, writing, or coding so I literally have to Google everything.

Eventually, I moved away from that model and I just write things at the pace they come to me and my project got way better; spending more time on things that are important to me. I would agree that if you're passionate about something, you'll focus more on details that may be less important to other people. I'm sure I've delayed updates for reasons that people disagreed with but I'm also the one that gets private messages from people complaining that a clock in one room doesn't have the same time as a clock in another room. This guy was crazy to include a scene with someone playing the guitar 'cause if those hand positions weren't on real chords, I guarantee his inbox blew up-- people do that at a staggering rate, lol.

At the end of the day, I think the point he was poorly hinting at is that people that set a date and then meet it at any cost may cut corners because they're just there for the money; those that are passionate about their project will make sure it's ready rather than release complete shit just because they set a deadline. But he def comes across wrong and seems like a jerk. I wouldn't support him just because of his attitude alone. If you were a new dev, you could pretty much just watch this guy and do the opposite and you'd probably run a pretty honest operation.
The problem is that the people meeting the deadlines are not getting money per update.They still are on monthly subscription.
And doing 2,3 or 4 updates each month don't lead to getting 2,3 or 4 times more money.

Reactions: Toushiro

kevin19997

Aug 9, 2017
i dont see his biggest problem in caring about patreons or stuff, his biggest problem is the communication with his patreons.
one day he says different stuff than the day before. he should just stop making big "statements" when hes not sure about it.

i still love this game, just from the pace and quality its still (atleast for me) one of the biggest and best games out on patreon and a good example, how u should creat a good game in this genre.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

And that's the crux of the issue. I spent a lot of time parsing his words and trying to translate what I thought he meant to say from what he actually said. But after a while I had to admit the truth, he says what he wants to say. He never says things in a diplomatic way, he's all attack and no humility. Time after time your try to find a way to soften his statement, but after awhile you just have to accept that he's a jerk who holds EVERYONE in contempt. When he criticizes other devs for setting deadlines and sticking to it, he's not drawing a distinction between those that compromise their view and those that don't because he's assuming everyone is inherently compromising their view. That's what makes him special, he never compromised and therefore he can't be held to a deadline and shouldn't be criticized.

But I get the points you're raising, and I think for other more honest devs that's a balancing act between meeting the desire of your patrons and staying true to your vision. But that's an act of good-faith, and that's something L&P doesn't do.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes