PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What does Aiden's tasks have to do with the lesbian route? My opinion on Aiden's tasks in this regard is more that I don't see the value in having any of the tasks that aren't required for the Dylan route. If Sophia can get out of them so easily, what's the point in having them in the first place? If the Twist was still in play, that might be a different story altogether.
My point was not about Aiden's tasks and the lesbian route, it was that L&P gated the Spohia/Dylan route to accepting Aiden's blackmail.

Dylan fans Had to accept Aiden's blackmail in order to continue on the Sophia/Dylan path - there was no choice.

This is why many of the Dylan fans, me included (this occurred when I was still a supporter via Patreon), asked L&P for a way to stop Sophia from being blackmailed while staying on the Sophia Dylan route.

We finally, years later, reached the end of Aiden's 4th blackmail task and were able to kick Aiden to the curb, with the help of Don Moreno.

As much as I dislike the blackmail route though, I accept that others Do like that route, and I have no more right to expect that the black mail route goes away then they have the right to expect that those who want to be on the Sophia/Dylan route Must accept every one of Aiden's blackmail tasks as the price to pay for Dylan Sophia time.

Do I want faster development - sure, but that is L&P's choice to fix or not, and I've seen no positive change in the speed of development, regardless of the repeated promises that it will get better whenever.

Reactions: hzjujk

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
1. Liam cheated on Sophia, and Sophia finds out about it, has sex with another man.
2. Sofia becomes a couple with Sam, Dylan becomes a couple with Amber, and the them share this fact.
3. Dylan and Ellie become a sexual relationship and Sophia finds out about this, or Dylan and Ellie conspire together to do something to Sophia.

These are all things that can happen in the near future and can make Sofia react and act in a variety of ways.

On the other hand

How can Dylan-Emma, Christine, and Marie Story affect Sofia?

Dylan dates them and becomes a couple, then breaks up, get hurt and Dylan becomes a couple when he is comforted by Sophia?

It's a story don't need, but it takes a lot of time to complete the story.
At least a month in game time is six years in real time.

Marie used Dylan because she wanted to be in a relationship with Sophia, and later she became in a relationship with Dylan and Sophia?

It also takes time, but it's not Sophia, it's not Dylan, it's Marie's story.

The reason for this debate is that the developer is too slow and that Dylan Solo Story will make Sophia's scene more feeble and slower, as it did in the hair salon scene.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So thinking but if you remove all the stuff with Dylan and Amber, Dylan's perspective at the shower, Dylan's stuff with Marie, all Dylan's stuff with Ellie, and anything else that doesn't involve Sophia.

where would L&P be on the schedule?

Looking at it here, update 9 and 10 would be removed as it's Dylan-only events and no Sophia.

Think it's Safe to say the next update and update 8 would be out, as the time spent on the stuff I mentioned above being removed goes into updates 7 and 8.

So most likely be on day 14-morning updates with Sophia and Ellie, but since they're very small, maybe even could be at the noon event, which is the side job.

Just shows you how all the Dylan-only event stuff has slowed down things.
These are Dylan heavy days re: content.

What if we remove all the Dylan content from Sophia's trip to Zoe's ranch with Patricia?

That would change ... nothing ... since Dylan is not, according to L&P, part of that day; it is one of the days without Dylan content.

You could as easily say what if Sophia and Liam only had Ellie and Dylan died in childbirth.

One brief mourning narrative content on day 1 addresses the issue and now no Dylan.

There are lots of ways to rewrite a story L&P is telling to get content that is more related to the desires of a subset of L&P's fans or to supposedly speed development but what if someone wanted to have Ellie die in childbirth, so Dylan was the only child?

As nice as it is to say that slow speed of development is all due to Dylan's presence, that is like saying that gravity is the reason that an airliner crashed.

I suppose it is, in a sense, but I think poor maintenance or bad weather would be more likely culprits for the crash.

Presuming that removal of all these Dylan events would fix the slow development speed ignores the content L&P would add to replace it, because L&P would not leave massive holes in various PD's without any story at all to tell.

I doubt he would add 1 render and say that Sophia spent x hours at the library grading papers since this is only the kind of thing he does when the player is not on the path that has events during those time slots.

Reactions: roro and hzjujk

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
These are Dylan heavy days re: content.

What if we remove all the Dylan content from Sophia's trip to Zoe's ranch with Patricia?

That would change ... nothing ... since Dylan is not, according to L&P, part of that day; it is one of the days without Dylan content.

You could as easily say what if Sophia and Liam only had Ellie and Dylan died in childbirth.

One brief mourning narrative content on day 1 addresses the issue and now no Dylan.

There are lots of ways to rewrite a story L&P is telling to get content that is more related to the desires of a subset of L&P's fans or to supposedly speed development but what if someone wanted to have Ellie die in childbirth, so Dylan was the only child?

As nice as it is to say that slow speed of development is all due to Dylan's presence, that is like saying that gravity is the reason that an airliner crashed.

I suppose it is, in a sense, but I think poor maintenance or bad weather would be more likely culprits for the crash.

Presuming that removal of all these Dylan events would fix the slow development speed ignores the content L&P would add to replace it, because L&P would not leave massive holes in various PD's without any story at all to tell.

I doubt he would add 1 render and say that Sophia spent x hours at the library grading papers since this is only the kind of thing he does when the player is not on the path that has events during those time slots.
What you said is beside the point.

People aren't saying let's rebuild the game from scratch.

It also means that if the developer removes Dylan's solo story and fills the space with another story, not Sophia, the developer will not solve this problem.

People aren't saying let's get rid of the whole Dylan story.
People are saying let's get rid of some scenes that are not directly related to Sofia.

Reactions: Notretsam

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What you said is beside the point.

People aren't saying let's rebuild the game from scratch.

It also means that if the developer removes Dylan's solo story and fills the space with another story, not Sophia, the developer will not solve this problem.

People aren't saying let's get rid of the whole Dylan story.
People are saying let's get rid of some scenes that are not directly related to Sofia.
Which, some seem to be forgetting about, also includes the side jobs the old guys and the kids

Reactions: ancienregimele

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Which, some seem to be forgetting about, also includes the side jobs the old guys and the kids
It seems to be questioning whether it helps to develop Dylan and Sophia relations.

I don't know from Sophia's point of view.

And I think the children's sex education scene could be used as a device to show how Sophia will behave to Dylan in the future.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It seems to be questioning whether it helps to develop Dylan and Sophia relations.

I don't know from Sophia's point of view.

And I think the children's sex education scene could be used as a device to show how Sophia will behave to Dylan in the future.
Except they're completely independent. It's entirely possible to be playing the nursing home side job and the Dylan route.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
AWAM is an adult game. Moves around the life of a wife & a mother. The goal of the game is to have the MC sexually aroused / erotically attracted to other people. If someone likes incest they follow the path where she is attracted to her family members (i.e. son, daughter, sister). If someone likes her to be a good wife, then they develop her relationship with her husband (kinky, prudent etc). If someone likes her to become an adulteress follows the path of corruption from people outside of her family. Everything happens under the MC’s POV. Anything else changes the concept of the game. I don’t dislike any of the characters perse. I don’t want their POV. It’s not why I’m following the game. IMHO all paths are interesting (from Sophia’s POV always). The game is beautiful but has too many paths open and at this pace is realistically impossible to conclude… 1 PD takes 2 years to complete means that it requires 34 years to complete the 17 remaining PDs… Is this LP’s full time job till retirement???
It's his retirement plan. He's said as much. It's an original idea & as pension schemes go, extremely innovative. (Patrons have to be happy with it, or they can leave). It's never been done before with a 3D game. That's one reason, perhaps, why things get slower.

There are fans who think it's fine that this will, in theory, last for the next 30-40 years. I surmise that they're either very self-contained tranquil beings, or think that they're definitely going to live that long, (a quite reasonable & realistic expectation for the Dev's schoolkid fans, at whom AWAM is now directed), while maintaining an ongoing interest in AWAM. I'm certain that their experience of the randomness of life is doubtful.

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Bennett blackmailed Sophia based on Dylan's exam and demanded sex.

He has to meet Sophia at least once in the story and is working at the same school, so it is problematic to disappear from the vote list.
Bennett, if he reappears at all, is due back once, to receive Sophia's answer. I presume it will be "no" but the Bennett story has been effectively ruined by the Dev, [& I mean thoroughly FUBAR], i.e. it's weeks since the restaurant event in San Alejo time but several years in real life. L&P said that he didn't know what to do with him. This was after an outcry from fans who had Sophia on a pedestal & couldn't stand the thought of her being blackmailed. Fucked by her own son, yes, somehow that was O.K. but...blackmailed, no. (There was no Aiden at the time). It would be a mercy if Bennett, (potentially one the best adult storylines), transferred to another school. Then he wouldn't need to be back at all. I'll still rate the restaurant scene as one of the best in AWAM.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
All the Backmail-Stories are one of L&P's weak points. But, the Aiden path in particular is simply ridiculous. Aiden does not seem dangerous at all and the helplessness towards his action form Sophia and others seems artificial. Also I think L&P should have chosen here only a blackmail-path in AWAM. Morello is at least the typical gangster and not totally ridiculous like Aiden. So, if anything, it's Morello path that should be selected.
L&P should have developed the Bennett route &/or given Aiden a stronger position with Sophia. Those like me who don't want to pursue incest are being slowly but inexorably ignored, as AWAM travels the full-on schoolboy fantasy path. As I've said elsewhere, I stay for the quality renders & out of curiousity but it's quite clear that the Dev is politely, slowly but with deliberate intent, showing fans like me where the exit door is.

All the debate around who should have the most screen time has become somewhat academic to those who hardly have any coherent story to follow at all.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes