armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Oh sorry, I forgot, there is no Zac and Alyssa without Aiden and his blackmail:cautious:
Sadly after last update,Alyssa is not anymore my main route.Missing both Ellie/Julia and the yoga sscene is way too much.
I will keep her as a secondary route.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Sadly after last update,Alyssa is not anymore my main route.Missing both Ellie/Julia and the yoga sscene is way too much.
I will keep her as a secondary route.
I know your pain, it was really cruel having to make that choice, specially considering the alternative. I loved Alyssa, but the rest is too damn good to pass out

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
making a cuck out of dylan makes no sense to me. sports guy, manipulative, sex driven, bodypositive always looking for body contact.
sam is such a beta compared to him. soft talk, music and romance, insecure, mommy's boy.
Look a little more in depth into the story. The cuck path for Dylan is just a different manifestation of his shyness, and despite all the testosterone flowing around, he hasn't had a good male role model to show him how to direct it. Liam thinks he might even be gay, for all the attention Liam shows Dylan. So Dylan is, for good reasons, confused and unsure of himself.

If he had the confidence and the BDE, he wouldn't need to be manipulative. He could just go out and get what he wants. He wouldn't need to couch things in a fashion show, or breakfast in bed, just to see things like Sophia in skimpy clothing (which she still thinks is weird BTW). The whole point of Sophia trying to set him up with a girlfriend (at this stage either Emma or Marie), is to give him someone his own age that he can experiment with, so he can get the confidence.

So the cuck path as an option just adds a little more depth to his character, since this game is more about story and a slow burn, as opposed to getting to the sex scenes as quickly as possible, for people that just want the son to fuck the mother. It's the flaws in Dylan's character that make him more like a real person, leading to character development and actual story

Reactions: Old Dog and Bane71

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm not sure "cuck" is the right word for Dylan. In my mind, a cuck is someone who gets off on the humiliation of watching his woman (or man in the case of cuckquean) be with someone else. We don't know exactly how it's going to play out, but Dylan may not necessarily want the humiliation. He could be more of a voyeur or maybe he has interest in a hot wife (hot mom?) scenario. In any event it's all splitting a hair because Sophia will be with other men, but I think that without the humiliation aspect he isn't exactly being cucked.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
if she's not "his" and has no emotional relationship with him beyond that of the family ties, and sex doesn't enter the equation, I would not call him a cuck.. a voyeur and a perve with aspirations, at best.
not that labels are good for anything.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I'm not sure "cuck" is the right word for Dylan. In my mind, a cuck is someone who gets off on the humiliation of watching his woman (or man in the case of cuckquean) be with someone else. We don't know exactly how it's going to play out, but Dylan may not necessarily want the humiliation. He could be more of a voyeur or maybe he has interest in a hot wife (hot mom?) scenario. In any event it's all splitting a hair because Sophia will be with other men, but I think that without the humiliation aspect he isn't exactly being cucked.
You're probably right there, and it could simply be that L&P has the term confused. Or used "cuck" for lack of a more appropriate time when he was coding. Since I don't believe anyone accuses Dylan of being a cuck in game, it's essentially arbitrary. He could have used a German word for all the difference it makes in the code.

As far as I've checked so far, the things that get Dylan cuck points really just fall into how he responds to others thinking Sophia is hot. And if he's more accepting of it, then he gets cuck points, like at the soccer game. But since L&P is tight-lipped about how the end-game of each route will turn out, it may become more in line with what we think it means later. There are still 19 more playable days after all.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
if she's not "his" and has no emotional relationship with him beyond that of the family ties, and sex doesn't enter the equation, I would not call him a cuck.. a voyeur and a perve with aspirations, at best.
not that labels are good for anything.
This is an excellent point. Sophia and him are not in a relationship, and that seems essential for a cuckold.

You're also right that labels can get tricky. There's so many interconnecting points, and human sexuality is very malleable.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You're probably right there, and it could simply be that L&P has the term confused. Or used "cuck" for lack of a more appropriate time when he was coding. Since I don't believe anyone accuses Dylan of being a cuck in game, it's essentially arbitrary. He could have used a German word for all the difference it makes in the code.

As far as I've checked so far, the things that get Dylan cuck points really just fall into how he responds to others thinking Sophia is hot. And if he's more accepting of it, then he gets cuck points, like at the soccer game. But since L&P is tight-lipped about how the end-game of each route will turn out, it may become more in line with what we think it means later. There are still 19 more playable days after all.
You're right that L&P had to call it something. I guess I just flinch at the word because so many people have very visceral reactions to the term that it can poison discussions. People almost melted down over at Double Homework because of a cliff hanger ending that suggested that one of the MANY women the MC was sleeping with was maybe/possible/in theory going to have sex with another man. For a few days users were throwing around the word "cuck" to describe the MC when there was literally no evidence to suggest that he was anything even close to it.

I'm not saying anyone here has melted down. I just see a whole lot of insecurities bubble to the surface when players get triggered by something they consider cucking.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
And for the most part AWAM is what gets uploaded here, except that one time a troll uploaded DoL and confused the hell out of a lot of people.

Which I find odd. I loaded up my copy of DoL just to check, and the loading screen is completely different. Intriguingly, it has the "All characters in the game are at least 18 years old" that AWAM lacks, which adds to my belief that Dylan, Sam, Zac, and Ava's sons are all underage.
I have always assumed that Dylan/Sam/Zac were 18 so I thought it was only Ava's sons were under 18. Does it not mention Dylan's age when introducing the family?

If that trio are under 18 that makes me far more uncomfortable.....

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I know your pain, it was really cruel having to make that choice, specially considering the alternative. I loved Alyssa, but the rest is too damn good to pass out
Yep - until that point you are able to keep your options open - after v0.95 you could get max points on 9 characters. Now I am going to have to have two collections of saves from v.100 going forward.

:(

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Yep - until that point you are able to keep your options open - after v0.95 you could get max points on 9 characters. Now I am going to have to have two collections of saves from v.100 going forward.

:(
I'm in the same boat. The pool scene was just too great to pass on, so that is now my primary storyline. I'm glad the game makes us chose, because if the player's options remain open for too long the game can get a bit stale. It's important to have consequences.

I just wish the save filing system was designed differently to make it easier to save multiple branching paths.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 478 Votes