Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
is moving!!!
Projected date of completion is ticking later and later, but slowly.
Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes50%55%27.50%
Rendered Scenes45%25%11.25%
Art edited with PS15%5%0.75%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed39.50%
Start Date7/5/2021
Festival of Bullshit (excuses)35
Bullshit Days Consumed so far5
Current # Days of Production (less BS consumed)43
Days remaining in Festival of Bullshit30
Estimated Completion Date11/20/2021

1629659606377.png

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Projected date of completion is ticking later and later, but slowly.
Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes50%55%27.50%
Rendered Scenes45%25%11.25%
Art edited with PS15%5%0.75%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed39.50%
Start Date7/5/2021
Festival of Bullshit (excuses)35
Bullshit Days Consumed so far5
Current # Days of Production (less BS consumed)43
Days remaining in Festival of Bullshit30
Estimated Completion Date11/20/2021

View attachment 1366011
So Sam event not yet accounted for. This is worrisome for the scope of new work required. I still hold a Mid December delivery. Unfortunately, no matter how we slice this he is at 2/3rds PD per year. Seriously, how can that be sustained?

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
'Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future !'
Niels Bohr, Nobel laureate in Physics :)

You also know that for the same number of renderings, he can spend much more time, if he wants to put effects, lights everywhere ;)

The stats tell me the second half of November, but I don’t care, November it’s sad and then I’m disillusioned... and even if the content is good, I would have waited too long for satisfaction.

I want to think about end of October :giggle:

View attachment 1366226

99.9% chance of making a bad prediction for October now, even if it's possible : whatever it's fine :coffee:
One way he could make October or sooner, but it would require him to do something he may not want to do. Split the update into two event updates. First, release the Sophia/Nathalie and Dylan/Ellie now for v1.50 and Sophia/The other guy and Sophia/Liam/Cathy/Andy as v1.55 later this year.

This would have content come out now, which could help him, but the flip side of it would be that it's now event base (only content for certain readers), and it takes it to 1/4 day releases for this update (Maybe). He might want to look at this as a trade-off since he can't tell us how many renders he truly needs for a scene (L&P's quote.)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
One way he could make October or sooner, but it would require him to do something he may not want to do. Split the update into two event updates. First, release the Sophia/Nathalie and Dylan/Ellie now for v1.50 and Sophia/The other guy and Sophia/Liam/Cathy/Andy as v1.55 later this year.

This would have content come out now, which could help him, but the flip side of it would be that it's now event base (only content for certain readers), and it takes it to 1/4 day releases for this update (Maybe). He might want to look at this as a trade-off since he can't tell us how many renders he truly needs for a scene (L&P's quote.)
Overall it will not improve PD rate. Second, by going event, he has so many intertwined paths it could become a logistical nighmare for him to keep his story lines linked. Ultimately, there is a failure in his management and he likely will never correct it. I would also be concerend that he would not produce any faster as the events could still be obsessed over and PD rate could take an even worse hit. He needs to be producing PDs not partials. Anything short of a PD has disaster written on it. We have seen the proof of that.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Overall it will not improve PD rate. Second, by going event, he has so many intertwined paths it could become a logistical nighmare for him to keep his story lines linked. Ultimately, there is a failure in his management and he likely will never correct it. I would also be concerend that he would not produce any faster as the events could still be obsessed over and PD rate could take an even worse hit. He needs to be producing PDs not partials. Anything short of a PD has disaster written on it. We have seen the proof of that.
No, it won't improve the PDs unless he finds a way to speed up the process, which I don't think will be the case. That time passed during the infant stages of the novel. IMO, the only two ways he can do this now is either start writing other characters out of the story or reboot the story and remove characters and maybe some storyline that could be irrelevant. However, he may get backlash over this move if he uses this as an option. As you said, failure in his management.

The only other option is to take it down to releasing events now since he's choosing to do this on his own. This is because he doesn't want the help or can't find the people with the skillset he's looking for right now. So the only option I see viable right now, Is to bring them out as events. We discuss before that he may move to 1/4 day releases. This could be the start of it right now. I think his members and others knew that the first two events should have been easy for him as most of it was already existing models he could use based on the location of the event, The Parker's Home. The evening events are going to take place at two new locations, The club (Concert), and Cathy/Andy (Their Apartment or House), which could end up with the same or more renders as the Sophia/Aiden event because we know that an evening event is a major event.

"He needs to be producing PDs not partials. Anything short of a PD has disaster written on it."

You do realize that he stated this P.D.12 on 10/7/2020, The first post.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He has 79+ characters in his character directory, not including the art teacher and art students from the Sophia/Aiden event. You can bet that most of these characters will interact with Sophia at some point no matter how minor it could be. So if you want him to return to the One PD as a release period, He would need to trim the fat of character and story, find help, or cut down on the CS/Renders. Which you and I both know he will most likely not do this.

If by chance, L&P manage to release this update between October and December, He would have spent One Full Year or One Full Year and a couple of months on one P.D. If I had to make a prediction, I do see 1/4 days coming in the future which may be event-based.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
He has 79+ characters in his character directory, not including the art teacher and art students from the Sophia/Aiden event. You can bet that most of these characters will interact with Sophia at some point no matter how minor it could be. So if you want him to return to the One PD as a release period, He would need to trim the fat of character and story, find help, or cut down on the CS/Renders. Which you and I both know he will most likely not do this.

If by chance, L&P manage to release this update between October and December, He would have spent One Full Year or One Full Year and a couple of months on one P.D. If I had to make a prediction, I do see 1/4 days coming in the future which may be event-based.
This would be great if he was writing a book where he could go back and forth between the characters fairly quickly, but with a visual novel I tend to agree it is a lot to include given how just dealing with a few characters can take an enormous amount of time with renders and dialog. His Patreon page says he wants to make more games like this one and I for one would like to see more games by L&P. However I don't see him ever getting the chance to even begin another game if he doesn't get help with this one.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This would be great if he was writing a book where he could go back and forth between the characters fairly quickly, but with a visual novel I tend to agree it is a lot to include given how just dealing with a few characters can take an enormous amount of time with renders and dialog. His Patreon page says he wants to make more games like this one and I for one would like to see more games by L&P. However I don't see him ever getting the chance to even begin another game if he doesn't get help with this one.
He'll never make another game unless he abandons, or otherwise prematurely ends, AWAM.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
He'll never make another game unless he abandons, or otherwise prematurely ends, AWAM.
He doesn't need to end it prematurely, just get help in producing the updates. One person can only do so much. Everybody who undertakes a venture to produce something for the masses, be it something as small as a book to as large as a building, needs the help of others to complete their goal and L&P is no exception.

Reactions: Bane71
3.20 star(s) 479 Votes