naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
This MILF and movie remind me all the time Sophia and AWAM.
Dina Meyer - (2015)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in my experience a render becomes realistic if you make it with a reference picture side by side. i think thats what l&p also does, getting references from various erotic movies and etc. thus his renders are also very good.

sphynks80

Dec 9, 2017
Sorry, but I think you are mistaken. This is imaginary city placed in imaginary country. It looks like California, but nowhere is mentioned that it is in California. "Soccer" is a word used in several countries, not only in USA.

I agree that there are a lot of references that points to USA but this was probably done for marketing purposes (people love Hollywood movies). Even assets, houses, windows, bar, school busses .... all looks like America, but it is pain in the ass to find assets that looks like German village o_O.

I see no reason why L&P should avoid using real cities and states, but the fact is that he did. So, you are free to believe that this is USA, but you can't assume that the rules that apply in USA apply in this game. This is imaginary world reminiscent of USA, sometimes because L&P want that, and sometimes because he had no choice (except for some German cars at the beginning ;))
Despite the lack of explicit references, it is very easy and intuitive to set this game in the United States. The architecture, the cars, the shape and the road signs. Even the fact that in the classrooms are the students who move from one to the other classroom at the change of teacher, in addition to the presence of lockers in the corridors, suggest the United States (In Italy, for example, it is the opposite: there are no lockers and are the teachers who move from classroom to classroom while students are always together in the same classroom). Another clue about United States set is the phenomenon of "soccer moms". Outside the United States, football (soccer for Americans) is a boy's game. It is not mothers who accompany their children to training and matches but fathers. Another clue is the American breakfast (in Italy and France but also in other countries breakfast is sweet. You don't eat bacon and eggs and you don't use cutlery). Another clue is the absence of family lunches. It is known that in the United States it is rare for family members to have lunch or dinner all together but, for example in Italy, it is the norm and not attending the common meal is an event that needs to be justified because otherwise it is unkind. .

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Despite the lack of explicit references, it is very easy and intuitive to set this game in the United States. The architecture, the cars, the shape and the road signs. Even the fact that in the classrooms are the students who move from one to the other classroom at the change of teacher, in addition to the presence of lockers in the corridors, suggest the United States (In Italy, for example, it is the opposite: there are no lockers and are the teachers who move from classroom to classroom while students are always together in the same classroom). Another clue about United States set is the phenomenon of "soccer moms". Outside the United States, football (soccer for Americans) is a boy's game. It is not mothers who accompany their children to training and matches but fathers. Another clue is the American breakfast (in Italy and France but also in other countries breakfast is sweet. You don't eat bacon and eggs and you don't use cutlery). Another clue is the absence of family lunches. It is known that in the United States it is rare for family members to have lunch or dinner all together but, for example in Italy, it is the norm and not attending the common meal is an event that needs to be justified because otherwise it is unkind. .
Good observations, thank you. Proving once again AWAM is most likely USA based but universally enjoyed, despite our social protocols.

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
Actually, the explicit references to the fact that the story is set in the United States are there and they are multiple:
American is the currency in circulation in San Alejo: Sophia pays for her new clothes in dollars.
American is the system of units of measurement: the speed of the new car in which Carl picks up the Parkers from the airport is expressed in miles per hour.
American is the school grading system: Dylan gets an F for his first history class assignment.
American is the way students are divided according to educational stages: Dylan by age should be in the 11th grade, but having failed one class, he remained in the 10th grade.
For all these reasons, and others (such as the fact that the Parkers moved from the East Coast to the West Coast), I think it can be said with a good degree of certainty that AWAM is set in a mega-city on the West Coast of the United States, like San Jose, California.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Contemporary VN made with DAZ are almost all set in US or an US-like imaginary country, due to the available assets in DAZ (and due to the US soft power even though a lot of dev are european)

RockSpice

Apr 18, 2021
I have not problem to put this game in California so it would be much clearer and easier to decide what is real and what is not. Problem is that you assume that this game must be placed in some real world country. Why? Also, problem is that you assume that all assets is here by intendent, but if you try to put your game in, for example, Budapest there is a good chance that you will get stuck due to lack of assets. It is wise to use most popular assets to avoid that kind of problems. It's expensive in money and time. And to be clear, there is lot of countries in Europe where students move from one to the other classroom. Also, there is football (soccer) field, near my house. There is lots of fathers with their kids, but also lots of mothers. But none of this is relevant for this discussion. The whole point is, is it ok to put statement "If something is not allowed to happen in USA than it is not allowed to happen in this game"

However, I just asked L&P is this strictly real USA so we could compare, for example, rape rate, clothes codex for teachers, etc ....
I really hope he answers me ..... during my life :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hzafery

RockSpice

Apr 18, 2021
Actually, the explicit references to the fact that the story is set in the United States are there and they are multiple:
American is the currency in circulation in San Alejo: Sophia pays for her new clothes in dollars.
American is the system of units of measurement: the speed of the new car in which Carl picks up the Parkers from the airport is expressed in miles per hour.
American is the school grading system: Dylan gets an F for his first history class assignment.
American is the way students are divided according to educational stages: Dylan by age should be in the 11th grade, but having failed one class, he remained in the 10th grade.
For all these reasons, and others (such as the fact that the Parkers moved from the East Coast to the West Coast), I think it can be said with a good degree of certainty that AWAM is set in a mega-city on the West Coast of the United States, like San Jose, California.
And again, all these assumption are based on fact that game must be placed in some real world country. But is it? Or this is maybe some fictional independent California.

Last edited:

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
And again, all these assumption are based on fact that game must be placed in some real world country. But is it? Or this is maybe some fictional independent California.
The game of placing the setting of AWAM in a real place in the world did not start from me, but from someone who speculated that it might be set in El Salvador because in reality there is a city with that name in that country.
With my post I explained to you the reasons why I speculated that it might be more plausible to place it in the United States instead.
If the conversation then turns to the need to place a game in a real world country to make it more realistic, I can tell you that I personally do not feel that need to play it. However, what remains is what the developer through the game's settings and references to reality suggest to me as I play it.
L&P probably set his game in the fictitious mega-city of San Alejo (and not in San Jose or San Diego) precisely to take the question of his game's realism off the table right away (just like Rockstar did with Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro).

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
That's how he keeps this thing going:

... -> Hype -> More hype -> Enough hype to forget disappointments -> Extreme hype -> Release -> Disappointment -> Venting -> Settlement -> "Progress" -> *repeat*
Or to name some of those "hype" moments;

Beginning of last year, L&P upgrading his computer with 2 RTX 3090's promising to increase development speed after a ridiculous festival of bullshit the months prior to that. Obviously didn't happen, things only got slower.

Towards the end of last year, a roadmap with possible sex scenes in "only" 4 playable days (likely never, or atleast 8 years from now) after more and more people started speaking up about the lack of actual adult content in the game after 5 years of development.

Also end of last year, announcing event-based releases to give an illusion of faster updates/more content due to constant criticism about his piss poor development speed.

This year, Sophia learning how to walk, trying to make up for the complete and utter disaster of 0.155 development and new animations, slowing development down even further to a point where it's questionable if we'll even see the end of day 14, let alone day 15 before this project is abandoned.

I could go 2 years back and name more of those "hype" moments resulting in nothing but bullshit and disappointment, but I guess this'll do. So, what's next? L&P will surely have to make something up after the next 2-3 updates are gonna take forever to try and calm the angry mob down.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
The game of placing the setting of AWAM in a real place in the world did not start from me, but from someone who speculated that it might be set in El Salvador because in reality there is a city with that name in that country.
With my post I explained to you the reasons why I speculated that it might be more plausible to place it in the United States instead.
If the conversation then turns to the need to place a game in a real world country to make it more realistic, I can tell you that I personally do not feel that need to play it. However, what remains is what the developer through the game's settings and references to reality suggest to me as I play it.
L&P probably set his game in the fictitious mega-city of San Alejo (and not in San Jose or San Diego) precisely to take the question of his game's realism off the table right away (just like Rockstar did with Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro).
I don't know, but I feel that this entire discussion is going nowhere unless we bring back the conundrum of the 3000m a.s.l. airport at only 20min drive from the city on the coast. ;) :ROFLMAO:
1652455019946.png

1652455211297.png

for those interested in the topic https://f95zone.to/search/189363612/?q=airport&t=post&c[thread]=5944&o=relevance ;)

PS
ancienregimele looking at these early images again, I hope at least Patricia won't be affected by the... galloping inflation that hit Sophia ;)

Last edited:

hzafery

Aug 5, 2019
I'm just out of curiosity, what does it matter in which fuckin' country the game takes place? The absurd discussions that will not lead anyone anywhere take so long that I am surprised by people. Guys, this is a game and sometimes I think you take it too seriously. You are looking for the real perception or reference, but why? Don't take it so seriously. It is a game that almost all of us have hesitations about because it will have an end. Don't be hard on yourself, just play and enjoy.

3.20 star(s) 477 Votes