GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
He really didn't plan ahead incase of a complete fallout, which was only a matter of time. No Twitter or any social media platform linked to his Patreon page to communicate incase shit hits the fan. Sure he has Discord, but there's apparently not many people either. An E-mail address is the only thing for most of his subscribers to reach him now I guess. Dude is stuck in the late 90's.

He could put up a massive disclaimer on his website including Twitter and Instagram accounts, Subscribestar and Discord links as that website is probably where most of his Patreon supporters would check now unless they heard of F95. That's atleast what I would do if I was a clueless supporter.

I'm really not expecting much from L&P, but he should have been aware of the fact that he needs a plan B as Patreon has always been a walk on thin ice. Most of his supporters could have followed him for years on twitter/insta, making it easy to communicate with the fanbase he has. But instead there's an E-mail address and a Discord server not many people have access to. lol
It's almost as if the game succeeded despite his best efforts. How many times have people in this thread raised reasonable concerns about various aspects of his approach to business? And did anything ever change? It's almost as if it wasn't important to ever make real changes. After seven years, that's really the only conclusion you can draw; for some reason L&P never thought it was important to change his approach to business.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
It's almost as if the game succeeded despite his best efforts. How many times have people in this thread raised reasonable concerns about various aspects of his approach to business? And did anything ever change? It's almost as if it wasn't important to ever make real changes. After seven years, that's really the only conclusion you can draw; for some reason L&P never thought it was important to change his approach to business.
The genius perfectionist knows better, aight? :sneaky:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
He really didn't plan ahead incase of a complete fallout, which was only a matter of time. No Twitter or any social media platform linked to his Patreon page to communicate incase shit hits the fan. Sure he has Discord, but there's apparently not many people either. An E-mail address is the only thing for most of his subscribers to reach him now I guess. Dude is stuck in the late 90's.

He could put up a massive disclaimer on his website including Twitter and Instagram accounts, Subscribestar and Discord links as that website is probably where most of his Patreon supporters would check now unless they heard of F95. That's atleast what I would do if I was a clueless supporter.

I'm really not expecting much from L&P, but he should have been aware of the fact that he needs a plan B as Patreon has always been a walk on thin ice. Most of his supporters could have followed him for years on twitter/insta, making it easy to communicate with the fanbase he has. But instead there's an E-mail address and a Discord server not many people have access to. lol
I say below with full expectation that L&P Patreon page will return.

I agree with you, L&P really should've had plans A, B, C and D.

There is a reason why I don't use Patreon. They're notorious for striking stuff down after essentially being built on adult entertainment.

Heck, even Only Fans tried to do the same and change their platform. They didn't because of the massive negative press they received for trying to do it. I reached out to Only Fans years ago and asked if I could put my own VN up and they acted ignorant in reply, they didn't outright say no but I certainly got the impression they weren't eager about it.

Sites like Patreon and Onlyfans will always frown against "certain content" as their investors, and payment providers will always hassle them for it. People on F95 might be OK with it but investors and payment providers have the power to dictate what can and can't be done, it sucks but that is the way it is.

I almost guarantee Subscribe-Star will do the same at some point, although I would like to be wrong about that and I am surprised Steam allows it.

All of this is why my own story has step relations and there is no doubt that decision hurt my VN. It is the same thing if I decide to do a story like AWAM after my current one, it will be step-related as well but doubt that be as popular as AWAM or other novels and probably why I find something else to do.

Of course, I never do Shota but I have never seen the side job as Shota, unlike some around here and I presume this is why the L&P page has been temporarily removed, or does anyone know if it was permanently removed?

Reactions: yourmomma

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

I agree with you, L&P really should've had plans A, B, C and D.

There is a reason why I don't use Patreon. They're notorious for striking stuff down after essentially being built on adult entertainment.

Heck, even Only Fans tried to do the same and change their platform. They didn't because of the massive negative press they received for trying to do it. I reached out to Only Fans years ago and asked if I could put my own VN up and they acted ignorant in reply, they didn't outright say no but I certainly got the impression they weren't eager about it.

Sites like Patreon and Onlyfans will always frown against "certain content" as their investors, and payment providers will always hassle them for it. People on F95 might be OK with it but investors and payment providers have the power to dictate what can and can't be done, it sucks but that is the way it is.

I almost guarantee Subscribe-Star will do the same at some point, although I would like to be wrong about that and I am surprised Steam allows it.

All of this is why my own story has step relations and there is no doubt that decision hurt my VN. It is the same thing if I decide to do a story like AWAM after my current one, it will be step-related as well but doubt that be as popular as AWAM or other novels and probably why I find something else to do.

Of course, I never do Shota but I have never seen the side job as Shota, unlike some around here and I presume this is why the L&P page has been temporarily removed, or does anyone know if it was permanently removed?
I could be wrong, but I believe step-relations aren't allowed either.

Reactions: Notretsam

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I could be wrong, but I believe step-relations aren't allowed either.
yeah, you are right but a case can be made for step relations, not for straight-up incest.

"if it isn't incest before they become related, it's not incest after they become related."

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Anyone know any other games that use Sophia's character? Honestly the only reason I even keep up with awam still
If there are smart creators, such games will come out in a month or two.

There have already been games that used the Sophia character as a sub, and now there will be no burden in using her as the main character.

And for them, lost sheep are the perfect blue ocean.

Reactions: CamilasAssEnjoyer

abram1

May 24, 2020
AWAM.gif
He'll rebound, although it'll take some time to recollect his supporters and not everyone gonna have the opportunity to join back his ranks due to scarce variety of paying methods on SS.
Good luck to L&P, that's a first serious crisis he has to encounter. Loosing over 90% of the donors is a tremendous hit.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
His page got straight up removed. It's not under review, it's just gone. I might be wrong, but I believe a page is only taken down entirely on perma bans.

If there's any subscriber here, they might have more info on that. I've never been subbed to a developer who had their page taken down, so I wouldn't know if there's any notification or information for supporters.

Pretty sure the reason for Subscribestar having less payment options is so they can keep doing what they're doing. Adding Paypal&Co would likely result in changes being made aka turning into Patreon, which wouldn't really help them as then the question would be...Why go Subscribestar when it's the same as Patreon? So I don't really think they'll change that anytime soon. It's their only selling point, really.

Edit: Steam doesn't sell adult games in every country. That's why it works for them, plus they are much more strict on what makes it onto the platform.

Of course, I never do Shota but I have never seen the side job as Shota
Me neither. AWAM doesn't even have a shota tag, so the only conclusion is that it's just a bunch of underage characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCC14

CamilasAssEnjoyer

Nov 27, 2022
If there are smart creators, such games will come out in a month or two.

There have already been games that used the Sophia character as a sub, and now there will be no burden in using her as the main character.

And for them, lost sheep are the perfect blue ocean.
Ya I mean it's my favorite milf character model I've seen so far in the games I've played hope more people use her or a hero can tell us some games with her lol

Reactions: tofhdns

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Edit: Steam doesn't sell adult games in every country. That's why it works for them, they are much more strict on what makes it onto the platform.
I do remember one erotic project that got banned in Australia but not elsewhere, maybe services like Patreon/SubscibeStar should follow Steam's example.

I do worry that my own VN won't get accepted on Steam.

Pretty sure the reason for Subscribestar having less payment options is so they can keep doing what they're doing. Adding Paypal&Co would likely result in changes being made aka turning into Patreon, which wouldn't really help them as then the question would be...Why go Subscribestar when it's the same as Patreon? So I don't really think they'll change that anytime soon. It's their only selling point, really.
that makes sense, I don't use Subscribe Star but I have been wondering recently about looking into it, not had the time. I still wouldn't be surprised if they changed how they treat erotic content in future.

His page got straight up removed. It's not under review, it's just gone. I might be wrong, but I believe a page is only taken down entirely on perma bans.

If there's any subscriber here, they might have more info on that. I've never been subbed to a developer who had their page taken down, so I wouldn't know if there's any notification or information for supporters.
On the one hand, I'm not surprised if it has been removed as AWAM does have straight-up incest.

However, on the other hand, a complaint has probably been submitted about AWAM, and we all know there have been 7,372 pages in this thread and most have complaints about AWAM. So that has more to do with why it has been reported in the first place and that is just wrong.

Yeah, there have been missteps in season 2 but there has been some really good content in season 2 as well, some content I find hard to believe and can't deny the story has come off the rails somewhat, but only needs a few tweaks I feel to get it back on track.

Reactions: Adolfo

Awamboy

Aug 19, 2022
Literally says no so oral sex.. last update where Sophia gives oral is against patreons ToC
No one has to fuck in the dark! To suck in hiding! To jerk off without witnesses!
I dream of a free world with more semen than a submarine.

Everyone repeat after me: " Patreon is not the legitimate leader!..... Not the legitimate leader!"

the-dictator-what-the-f.gif

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Edit: Steam doesn't sell adult games in every country. That's why it works for them, plus they are much more strict on what makes it onto the platform.
Steam is less strict than Patreon. Steam doesn't sell in countries where it is not allowed by law, like Germany. It's easy to get around though.

Steam doesn't care about incest, rape, etc. Steam just doesn't want high school or sex in it, underage looking characters, and bestiality.

3.20 star(s) 485 Votes