VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Wife at Stake [v0.030] [eHellJay]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
if u principle is to be anal about it. u should not be here. this is a site that u should NOT join at all.
f95 is about sharing but also advertising. u get exposure for free. ad cost money. why don't u pay for that?
100k is only a number, I have not calculated it. since I dont write down the hours.
its to tell that all DEV spend money. time is money. 10+ years means "MONEY".
we have DEVS that believe their time is worth gold. but most DEVS are normal people trying their best.
to get upset of piracy is stupid. since u need exposure. this is that. people try and decide. sure most will not, but most would NEVER pay anyway. do u really think people will join you? maybe. u get some people that get interested.
but in the same time a lot of potential supporters will never join as they are here. they will get interested in another project. not yours. and join that DEV.
since you are "anal" about it, people will see u as that moneyhungry DEV that don't want to share. that believe his work is worth more that others. like your game is something extraordinary compared to "A LOT" of other work here that are levels above yours. but go ahead, its your life. but start paying f95 if u want your games here. u should not get any free exposure. or u are a thief yourself.
First of all, for the record, I don't understand the word "anal" in this context...
As for the rest... Where the hell are you?
I'm going to write it in bold, but not because I'm shouting: I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE AND I WANT TO DISAPPEAR FROM THIS SITE.
I'm only here to keep an eye on what's being written BECAUSE my games are here.
I'm not looking for any publicity or benefits. If my games are deleted, I'll delete my account.
But you know very well that's not what's going to happen. What's going to happen is that my games will stay here and I'll be the one who gets kicked out. That's how this site works: my end is near.
I'm not even responding to your other comments...

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Actually, that is an ideological statement. You surely don't want to recognise those things. I, being closer to an anarchist than a capitalist, would not recognize your right to ownership. Unfortunately, we live in a capitalist world so those ownership rights are protected by the laws created by those wealthy enought to create structures to defend their privileges. But its still an ideological statement. I would actually say that the duty of those who know how is to actually subvert those social structures and break away all privileges, which includes property rights. Go on piracy (especially against big corporations), go on modding communities that subvert the ownership and close codes in gaming, and so on. It's a question of principle, as you put it.
We're not at all of the same opinion, but let's make a peace of the braves.

Reactions: Requiem131

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Y'all are missing the point. It is understandable that CTDev wants to control the distribution of his game, and allow his patrons to have the satisfaction of knowing that they have access to a game that no one else has access to. That's his privilege as the IP owner. But the fault for the game appearing here lies with one of his patrons, not F95 or anyone here. I recommend that he stop spending time here and start spending time figuring out how to get all of his patrons to share his goal of exclusivity.

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
I've given CTDev a good amount of crap for the way he has handled this situation. I will admit to having "pirated" an early version of ICBW and thought that it wasn't bad. I liked the premise and the characters but also felt that the game flow was lacking and shelved it for future review after some development and polish. Working as a solo artist (I assume) is undoubtedly a tough endeavor. I have mostly lurked in the background on most threads and try to give encouragement to artists because I have no talent at it whatsoever.
The 1st reason that I continue to stoke the flames of this dumpster fire of a thread is that you try to portray yourself as enlightened and you're going to fix a system that isn't broken. EVERY SINGLE VN THAT HAS HAD EVEN MODERATE SUCCESS HAS BEEN LEAKED HERE!! Understand? Just because you feel butt hurt because one of your patrons boned you doesn't condone you acting like a petulant child. You want to ignore the benefits of free advertisement? Great!! There are literally thousands of VN's here for people to enjoy we don't need you.
The 2nd reason I continue to engage in this mayhem is that I'm a sadist and love watching the world burn and humans acting like their base selves. Keep up the good fight CTDev!! Damn...I'm out of popcorn

Reactions: baka and CTDev

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Y'all are missing the point. It is understandable that CTDev wants to control the distribution of his game, and allow his patrons to have the satisfaction of knowing that they have access to a game that no one else has access to. That's his privilege as the IP owner. But the fault for the game appearing here lies with one of his patrons, not F95 or anyone here. I recommend that he stop spending time here and start spending time figuring out how to get all of his patrons to share his goal of exclusivity.
I'm not missing the point at all. The guy who registered on my site, paid 2€ and brought the game to F95 is a well know member and donor here. You shouldn't try to exonerate an organisation, it's stupid. This person is part of F95, it's Baab - aka wifeB - It's written at the very first page here; F95 doesn't even try to hide.
But who she is is not important for me. I'm talking about principles.
And even though I have no chance of winning this fight, I'm fighting it.
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, then try sleeping with a mosquito in the bedroom." (Buddha)
I'm looking for a way to make the engine seize up. Stopping a game is one possible way.
We're not far from that. But I have a feeling I'm going to be crushed against the wall soon...
I can see lots of other dry traces. They must be crushed developers...
We agree on one point : "spending time figuring out how to get all of his patrons to share his goal...".
That's what I'm currently doing.

Reactions: restlez

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
I've given CTDev a good amount of crap for the way he has handled this situation. I will admit to having "pirated" an early version of ICBW and thought that it wasn't bad. I liked the premise and the characters but also felt that the game flow was lacking and shelved it for future review after some development and polish. Working as a solo artist (I assume) is undoubtedly a tough endeavor. I have mostly lurked in the background on most threads and try to give encouragement to artists because I have no talent at it whatsoever.
The 1st reason that I continue to stoke the flames of this dumpster fire of a thread is that you try to portray yourself as enlightened and you're going to fix a system that isn't broken. EVERY SINGLE VN THAT HAS HAD EVEN MODERATE SUCCESS HAS BEEN LEAKED HERE!! Understand? Just because you feel butt hurt because one of your patrons boned you doesn't condone you acting like a petulant child. You want to ignore the benefits of free advertisement? Great!! There are literally thousands of VN's here for people to enjoy we don't need you.
The 2nd reason I continue to engage in this mayhem is that I'm a sadist and love watching the world burn and humans acting like their base selves. Keep up the good fight CTDev!! Damn...I'm out of popcorn
Thanks for your encouragement, it's heart-warming. Here I am, reboosted...

Reactions: restlez

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its quite funny to read a nobody DEV thinking he can create a protection that even the biggest AAA-company can't make and his understanding of the cracking-world is nonexistent. he want to fight this? why? ridiculous.
instead of spending time making his VN great, adding nice feature, involving his supporter more, giving them a reason to stay and be loyal, he focus on f95 and start arguing and like a baby tells us he will abandon it. your fault. u don't understand me. I do it for fun, no profit, Im a master, my games should not be here, crying. I have my principle and so on. he don't give a shit about anyone else. he just want to argue like a troll. he thinks he knows it all. besserwisser? it seems so. narcissistic? starting to believe that.
u need to take a big jump back and rethink this. like most DEV in this world we need to start working "with" not "against", as its a futile battle. your arrogance will be your own demise.

Reactions: jerry57

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
She's been banned from my site (like you). And she's certainly here, reading all this (I see her now). F95 also know who she is: BaaB (aka wifeB). She's an active member and donor. I know her, of course, since she paid. But so what?
This discussion is going right over your head. You're low to the ground (under the bed, watching...).
Let it go...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jerry57

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Epilogue
I've written all I had to write, the weekend starting, so I'll leave it at that(0).
Don't forget to thank BaasB(1) for her sacrifice: her Paypal(2) account has been blacklisted with me.
She's not going to create another one, is she?

See you soon on my website?

Warning, this post will probably be deleted in a few minutes !
The mosquito, guys, the mosqui… PAF!

shamss01.png

BaasB.png

(0) But I have to admit, I'm going to miss some of you twats... :cry:
(1) Sh**, she refuses to be contacted by her many friends... :sneaky:
(2) She would have been untraceable via Patreon, I think :unsure:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
pathetic. do u really think that your post will make u some kind of hero?
u are just a loser. the way u act show immaturity. this obsession and willfulness is not cute.
we are in f95 and u spit on a paying member. demanding that all people need to obey u.
someone shared your game here and now u are acting like a cretin and try to make that user to shame?
contrary, that user is a hero. and no matter what you are doing, u will never win. only make people hate you.
the way u act is disgusting. I hope u will not be successful, u don't deserve it.

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
Epilogue
I've written all I had to write, the weekend starting, so I'll leave it at that(0).
Don't forget to thank BaasB(1) for her sacrifice: her Paypal(2) account has been blacklisted with me.
She's not going to create another one, is she?

See you soon on my website?

Warning, this post will probably be deleted in a few minutes !
The mosquito, guys, the mosqui… PAF!

View attachment 3692857

View attachment 3692858

(0) But I have to admit, I'm going to miss some of you twats... :cry:
(1) Sh**, she refuses to be contacted by her many friends... :sneaky:
(2) She would have been untraceable via Patreon, I think :unsure:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: My avatar is a dedication for you!!!

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
pathetic. do u really think that your post will make u some kind of hero?
u are just a loser. the way u act show immaturity. this obsession and willfulness is not cute.
we are in f95 and u spit on a paying member. demanding that all people need to obey u.
someone shared your game here and now u are acting like a cretin and try to make that user to shame?
contrary, that user is a hero. and no matter what you are doing, u will never win. only make people hate you.
the way u act is disgusting. I hope u will not be successful, u don't deserve it.
Honestly if the dev had handled this better they probably would have got more subs. I would also say the person who leaked the game might have been doing it to HELP the dev in that way. As a couple people said though, this dev is a butthurt loser who needs to be in control of everything and is arrogant enough to believe they can stop piracy when the giant gaming companies like Blizzard, Microsoft and Activision can't.

What a joke.

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
Honestly if the dev had handled this better they probably would have got more subs. I would also say the person who leaked the game might have been doing it to HELP the dev in that way. As a couple people said though, this dev is a butthurt loser who needs to be in control of everything and is arrogant enough to believe they can stop piracy when the giant gaming companies like Blizzard, Microsoft and Activision can't.

What a joke.
100% agree !!!

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
"Think Twice" is an ill-born project
Care to explain why. I think is the game of yours I like the most.

And whereas other developers consider this sum as a tip ("You have my gratitude"), I gave him access to everything for a month
As other pointed out in a respectful way, uou can communicate and find an agreement with your Patreons or subscribers to at least wait some time to leak the version you just give to them. Some other devs make public version a month or X time later. IIRC, Golden Mean's dev makes mandatory to be a three month old (or similar) member to receive the update. As yourself found out, you're beating a died horse right now.

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
Finally, I have played the game to see for myself - without prejudice - whether there is anything to regret or whether it is 'much ado about nothing'. I suspected it might be good (or at least promising), knowing other games from the dev. And this is indeed the case, as I described in more detail in my review. It's a pity that we won't see how the plot develops - although, to be honest, I have some guesses ;) .

Reactions: rrxm

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Finally, I have played the game to see for myself - without prejudice - whether there is anything to regret or whether it is 'much ado about nothing'. I suspected it might be good (or at least promising), knowing other games from the dev. And this is indeed the case, as I described in more detail in my review. It's a pity that we won't see how the plot develops - although, to be honest, I have some guesses ;) .
I'd promised to myself not to add anything to this discussion, but as you're obviously looking for a reaction, I wouldn't want to frustrate you :sneaky:.

You're quite right: "Una moglie bellisima" is indeed the inspiration for this game. When I saw this piece of rubbish - and you'll admit it's a piece of rubbish - I fell head over heels in front of Laura Torrisi's curves, and I thought that if I changed the plot a bit, got rid of the gang of friends and the clergy, and concentrated on the love triangle, I might be able to make a game with some substance. I let the idea mature, and when I had enough material, I put it into a script.

You'll have realised that there would be sex in the game that there isn't on screen, but above all, the main idea was to place much more emphasis on the lure of money and the inevitable temptation. The scene where Laura leaves the door of her hotel room open and says to the handsome guy who snuck in "I knew it would end like this" before kissing him and spending the night with him left me speechless: what a shortcut. That's when I said to myself, we could do a better job
1° by letting her get caught up in the seducer's trap herself and
2° by making the husband even more responsible for what happens to them.

I kept what I thought I could use: fruit and vegetables, the plan to buy the shop, I just put my own spin on it.
I preferred a tv game show to a Pirelli-like calendar and I added the owner of the building as a 'temptress' friend, maybe lesbian too.
I also added the fruit figurines (nicked from the web) to justify an advertising campaign that pays off.
I also left a bit of a mystery as to why Laura and her family arrived in Puglia, just indicating that she was from Naples (La Camorra?), so that I could link Laura and Vincenzo without them knowing.

The game was supposed to have several endings: romantic, villainous, sobbingly sad or tragic...
It could go on for a while, following Laura on the set of the TV series, but not too long; in the long run it just drags on and on...
Should I mention games that never end (unlike mine, which all end very quickly :ROFLMAO:)?

It's late... I'll stop rambling here...

PS: everywhere on the web I read "Alea jacta est"; but you're right: there's no "j" letter in the latin alphabet (y)

Reactions: rrxm

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
Cool game,... but keep calm, you will abandon this one too, or you will put it on hold, soon, and you will say that you will resume it!!! So in a word .... we don't lose anything!!! good luck with the game.
I hope you have a good day, and a lot of inspiration!!!!

PS: I hope that this time I am wrong about you. We'll see if I'm right or not!!!

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
I'd promised to myself not to add anything to this discussion, but as you're obviously looking for a reaction, I wouldn't want to frustrate you :sneaky:.
Thanks for the response - it made me regret even more that the game is abandoned (I have expected, in fact, sort of such various paths and plot developments). My feeling was that you combined the plot of the movie - it was bad but sometimes funny - with the real-life story of Laura Torrisi. And of course the game can be more explicit than the movie, allowing also for various 'what if' scenarios.

And it's not that easy to frustrate me :) . On the other hand, it's nice to get confirmation that my remarks regarding the inspiration were correct. We like to be right. Right?

Reactions: rrxm and CTDev
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes