VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Wife at Stake [v0.030] [eHellJay]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
Thanks for the response - it made me regret even more that the game is abandoned (I have expected, in fact, sort of such various paths and plot developments). My feeling was that you combined the plot of the movie - it was bad but sometimes funny - with the real-life story of Laura Torrisi. And of course the game can be more explicit than the movie, allowing also for various 'what if' scenarios.

And it's not that easy to frustrate me :) . On the other hand, it's nice to get confirmation that my remarks regarding the inspiration were correct. We like to be right. Right?
Mate , the game is not abandoned . It is easy to play new updates . Just go to dev sites and become a paid member !!!!\

LOOK AT THE ATTACH !!!

Chuck6o

Jul 26, 2021
While my comment feels akin to beating a dead horse, I feel the need to put it here. I read this thread several day's ago and wanted to reiterate what others have said. I support 15 people such as yourself CTDev on Patreon, well I support more but modders and others aren't relevant. Out of the 15 developers that I support Pink is the only one that I found on Steam. The
rest I found here or itch. Use that knowledge how you will.

I understand you position, as someone who's done many contract jobs I know what it feels like when you are not paid for your
work. Not only are you screwed for your effort and expertise, there's also wear and tear on tools, vehicles, hell I've spent hundreds on nails alone to finish a job and nothing. My point is it sucks, I know it sucks, and I think that most people know
it sucks. Oh sure there's a small percentage of people who get a kick out of screwing other people, but I honestly believe they're the minority.

I didn't download this, even though it sounds like a project I'd support, I'll abide by your wishes. While I didn't get this I'll not be going to Patreon to pledge support for something I've never tried, I will NEVER do that. One person I support leaves a note with each new update, he askes that no one leaks the game. And since he usually releases it as a demo 2 weeks later I think most abide by his wish. Ultimately you are a small business owner, even if you just make enough to pay the power for machines to run renders. If you feel the need to rant and rave about how unfair the world is, write out your rant, take a walk, drink a beer, smoke a dub, take some deep breaths, then revisit the rant, edit it then maybe post it.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm joining a dogpile, but I had to respond and get this off my chest, did you note that I took 2 days to respond? This is just advice freely given, I expect noting in return except insults and mockery. But I'm unphased because my shoulders are broad and my back, despite my age is still strong enough to bear it. I show myself out now and if you CTDev view this as a loss of a potential customer, maybe have learned something. GL

• Sad
Reactions: CTDev

DigitisEtLingua

Apr 13, 2023
I'm not going to get into the argument about the rights and wrongs of what happened here, not least of all because I'm not entirely sure I understand some of it.

However, I have to say that I am gutted (with a capital GUTTED) that the game is bieng abandoned. I was loving it. I'm a fan of netorare and big fan of netorase and, in my view, you were walking a very clever line between the two. I was really, really, really looking forward to see how the story developed.

Please do think about resuming this story. My imagination will obviously continue the story but I really would like to see it, enjoy it told by the author.
I'd promised to myself not to add anything to this discussion, but as you're obviously looking for a reaction, I wouldn't want to frustrate you :sneaky:.

You're quite right: "Una moglie bellisima" is indeed the inspiration for this game. When I saw this piece of rubbish - and you'll admit it's a piece of rubbish - I fell head over heels in front of Laura Torrisi's curves, and I thought that if I changed the plot a bit, got rid of the gang of friends and the clergy, and concentrated on the love triangle, I might be able to make a game with some substance. I let the idea mature, and when I had enough material, I put it into a script.

You'll have realised that there would be sex in the game that there isn't on screen, but above all, the main idea was to place much more emphasis on the lure of money and the inevitable temptation. The scene where Laura leaves the door of her hotel room open and says to the handsome guy who snuck in "I knew it would end like this" before kissing him and spending the night with him left me speechless: what a shortcut. That's when I said to myself, we could do a better job
1° by letting her get caught up in the seducer's trap herself and
2° by making the husband even more responsible for what happens to them.

I kept what I thought I could use: fruit and vegetables, the plan to buy the shop, I just put my own spin on it.
I preferred a tv game show to a Pirelli-like calendar and I added the owner of the building as a 'temptress' friend, maybe lesbian too.
I also added the fruit figurines (nicked from the web) to justify an advertising campaign that pays off.
I also left a bit of a mystery as to why Laura and her family arrived in Puglia, just indicating that she was from Naples (La Camorra?), so that I could link Laura and Vincenzo without them knowing.

The game was supposed to have several endings: romantic, villainous, sobbingly sad or tragic...
It could go on for a while, following Laura on the set of the TV series, but not too long; in the long run it just drags on and on...
Should I mention games that never end (unlike mine, which all end very quickly :ROFLMAO:)?

It's late... I'll stop rambling here...

PS: everywhere on the web I read "Alea jacta est"; but you're right: there's no "j" letter in the latin alphabet (y)
I'm not going to get into the argument about the rights and wrongs of what happened here, not least of all because I'm not entirely sure I understand some of it.

However, I have to say that I am gutted (with a capital GUTTED) that the game is bieng abandoned. I was loving it. I'm a fan of netorare and big fan of netorase and, in my view, you were walking a very clever line between the two. I was seriously looking forward to seeing how the story developed ... develops(?).

Please do consider continuing the story. My imagination can continue the story of course but I really would like to see it; to live(?) it from the author's perspective ... and, so far as this game/story is concerned, I am prepared to contribute.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes