Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Here are a few of my suggestions, which are not new(probably) :
1. Remove thirst and hunger, no one wants to eat while playing adult game, otherwise it gets too complicated. You can leave need to shower and shave, since it is connected to attractivity, so probably affects some sex scenes.
2. Removing eating, you probably rewrite sport and weight calculation, it is up to you, but here things also get too complicated.
3. Navigation in the city is too complicated. Public transport and taxi, and too much locations with different sub-locations. Difficult to remember where you get quests, job, home. Some locations are useless, so cut them. Make transportation transparent, with 1-2 clicks at most.
4. Clothing system is also insane, like wtf, do i need to wash and fix my clothes INGAME? Like i have not enough things to do irl, i still simulate it ingame.
Sure there are more stuff to simplify and i forgot smthg. It is just so many routines to do, to get things(sex) running in game, so i usually give up, and never play longer than few ingame days. (download game, start it, cheat money, buy stuff, become sexy, try some events, end game, delete it).

Best of luck.
You are actually saying that you clearly don't like the essence of pretty much every Qsp game.:rolleyes: All the good Qsp games are real-life adult/sex sims. Yes, it's a grind and all... But that's kinda what these games are about! If you don't like that? You should try to stop playing sims.

Qsp games is sort of for a niche group of players. Yes, the grind is real in pretty much all of them! And you're clearly looking for a quick and easy mindless wank. I can suggest you to not even try to play any of them and simply watch the clips ... or go download VNs. I have a feeling they're more to your liking and attention span.;)

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
You are actually saying that you clearly don't like the essence of pretty much every Qsp game.:rolleyes: All the good Qsp games are real-life adult/sex sims. Yes, it's a grind and all... But that's kinda what these games are about! If you don't like that? You should try to stop playing sims.

Qsp games is sort of for a niche group of players. Yes, the grind is real in pretty much all of them! And you're clearly looking for a quick and easy mindless wank. I can suggest you to not even try to play any of them and simply watch the clips ... or go download VNs. I have a feeling they're more to your liking and attention span.;)
I don't think "Sim" and "Grind" need or ought to be the same thing. Just because every other game does it doesn't mean the About_It team shouldn't try new things. All the other "Life Sim" games also assume that caking on more make-up than Ronald McDonald, being skinnier than a twig, and having tits the size of California's Wildfires are what make you attractive too, but that's just objectively wrong and a woman who looks like that would be fucking hideous.

His suggestions aren't exactly perfect, but please try to take a moment and explain why they're wrong instead of defending quite possibly broken systems with "Well, everyone else does it".

Here are a few of my suggestions, which are not new(probably) :
1. Remove thirst and hunger, no one wants to eat while playing adult game, otherwise it gets too complicated. You can leave need to shower and shave, since it is connected to attractivity, so probably affects some sex scenes.
2. Removing eating, you probably rewrite sport and weight calculation, it is up to you, but here things also get too complicated.
3. Navigation in the city is too complicated. Public transport and taxi, and too much locations with different sub-locations. Difficult to remember where you get quests, job, home. Some locations are useless, so cut them. Make transportation transparent, with 1-2 clicks at most.
4. Clothing system is also insane, like wtf, do i need to wash and fix my clothes INGAME? Like i have not enough things to do irl, i still simulate it ingame.
Sure there are more stuff to simplify and i forgot smthg. It is just so many routines to do, to get things(sex) running in game, so i usually give up, and never play longer than few ingame days. (download game, start it, cheat money, buy stuff, become sexy, try some events, end game, delete it).

Best of luck.
Alright, I'mma give you a more detailed breakdown than the guy above me:
  1. Managing hunger, thirst, and appearance is kind of the point, guy. Removing those means basically turning the game into a sandbox where you find a job, get money, spend money on getting fucked. Now, they definitely still need streamlining and retooling - Food and Thirst, for example, require a lot of clicks to fill right now. You have to go to the kitchen, cook the food, eat the food, then take a drink... That all is unneeded and could stand to go. But it needs simplification, or gamification, not removal. Packaging the food into meals would help - you could have junk food, junk drinks, both of which only fill hunger or thirst respectively, fatten you but don't fill up their bars much, but give a bit of happiness when eaten. Then there's Simple Meals which fill about half of each bar in a single click but are fattening, diet meals that fill you up and don't fatten you but sap happiness, luxury meals; whatever you want to do with them, the goal is removing number of clicks. Likewise, a more streamlined, one-click way to move about the house would go a mile. Having to go through the hallway every time is a pain in the ass.

Alternatively, or even in conjunction with, the above, they could make cooking more entertaining. Having the MC be a novice cook and allowing for experimentation with ingredients could be a fun way to make it a mechanic worth engaging in. This would mean drastically expanding the supermarket so that instead of buying generic food you're getting eggs, bread, meat, etc. It also means coming up with various recipes, and providing ways for people who don't want to just smash foods together to come across recipes. That's a lot of work! But I think it would add a significant amount of engagement to the process of making the food, and would make it significantly less grindy. I think it'd work best with the above - once you know a recipe, you can cook it in a single click if you have the right ingredients. Different meals do different things to your stats, etc.

2. The calculation definitely needs rewriting, but I'd say not because of eating but because of two things. One is that current weight loss/gain is weird and spiky and intuitive. If you have your girl spend all day at the gym for a week, you expect to see her lose fat and gain muscle. Likewise, a girl who lays around doing nothing but taking dick and drinking Mountain Dew inbetween fucks is probably going to turn into a landwhale at some point. This likely ties into the attractiveness rewrite as well, which I've brought up before and referenced in my response above this one - there's no need to consider every girl who isn't a toothpick with two watermelons stapled to her chest and clown makeup on her face unattractive. I believe my proposed suggestion was to have three different ratings for attractiveness (Sexy/slutty, Cute/nerdy, and Tomboy/amazon). That'd have a big effect on how weight gain factors into attractiveness, since a pudgier girl would be less effected on the cute scale than she would on the slutty or tomboy scales. Pudge can be hot if you want a gamergirl but less so if you're looking for a "traditionally" sexy woman or a girl you can drink beers with after the sex. Muscles' good if you want a friend as well as a fuckbuddy but it's not as much of a positive if you want a supermodel. Etc. This all changes what the calculation should be since weight factors into that and you want to be able to specialize in one of those traits.

Well, if they take my suggestion. They did give a positive response though, so I'm hopeful. It's one of the big departures from the usual formula I've been talking about.

3. Transportation could be clearer, but you get used to navigating the city. That's unfortunately baked into the nature of text-based sandboxes - the different sections of the city already have their own sorts of demeanors and themes so you eventually cotton onto which is which. The subway car could stand to just take you right there though. More clicks = bad in almost every circumstance if you can do it with fewer. Especially with QSP's shitty UI.

4. Clothing system is tightly linked to attractiveness and likely would be even closer knit were the Sexy/Cute/Tomboy dichotomy to be implemented. Storing outfits for later? That's a good. Trying to remain not-anal about the clothes? Not so good. That's part of the optimization game.

The bit about them getting dirty and worn makes some sense but that happens really slow. If she doesn't already, I'd say just have it be one of the things the maid takes care of once you can afford her. Otherwise, it's like once a month you even have to wash your clothes at the rate that seems to move, much less fix them. Maybe it's different for you guys.

My advice to About_It would actually be to make the clothes more complicated on the code's side, and just let the player save certain outfits. The saved outfits can then be put on by simply going to the wardrobe and clicking the button to put them on. The wardrobe knows that outfit "Slutty Whore" asks for a black thong, so it checks to see if you have it in the wardrobe - if you do, it puts on the black thong for you, if not, it tells you that the thong isn't there and puts on what it can. Bingo bango, job is done. This turns the wardrobe from an exercise in clicking 50 buttons and scrolling through lists into something you want to do. Now you have money, you can get the fancy black dress that adds a lot to all your attractiveness bars. Now you want to go home to the wardrobe, because now you can spend 5 minutes worrying over the perfect setup to maximize your appeal as an "innocent", nerdy chess club girl who wants to be whirled away by a chadly stud. And when you're done worrying you're done, instead of having it be a morning chore you do every day.

That's way too much girl, not enough life, I say.

• Red Heart
Reactions: blargballs

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
I don't think "Sim" and "Grind" need or ought to be the same thing. Just because every other game does it doesn't mean the About_It team shouldn't try new things. All the other "Life Sim" games also assume that caking on more make-up than Ronald McDonald, being skinnier than a twig, and having tits the size of California's Wildfires are what make you attractive too, but that's just objectively wrong and a woman who looks like that would be fucking hideous.

His suggestions aren't exactly perfect, but please try to take a moment and explain why they're wrong instead of defending quite possibly broken systems with "Well, everyone else does it".
A) I didn't type anything close to what you are making up here, m8. All I'm saying is he clearly won't like any of the top Qsp games, because they're all like this. I'm not saying they should be like this because they are like this. I'm simply stating fact, nothing more.

B) I decide how much time I want to spend on a comment. I also decide what I type. And you won't get away with twisting the words I typed.

Ps. And I didn't have to type a wall of bs to be clear. Great, isn't it?

Last edited:

dizzard

Sep 25, 2016

I played tons of them, and there are a lot of good examples. And if you know, what qsp offers to a dev, you would not mention that i dont like qsp. It is just because most qsp devs copy degross's game, all of them feel similar. Qsp soes not mean grind.
So you play this game without cheating anything, slow and steady, earn money, buy clothes and everything? I do not mention, that it is a mtl game. So you can not enjoy reading quality description to actions ingame. I doubt there are players that play such games without cheats and stuff. Which means there is plenty of room for work.
You dont even need to change everything, just make something simplier,and game will already be more enjoyable.
Well at least i tried to be constructive, bcuz dev asked for it. Maybe you should also be constructive.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Mayt

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2016
Basically simgirl was a different game then eto or albedo or whatever but the new developer made it like eto, originally game contained much more stuff then the present game as well as places outside Russia.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
How to become an actress (ART film studio)? I go there every Monday at 9am. It is written - You're unable to complete the casting...bla bla. Some hints could be useful (hints in the game as well).
We have closed access to this part of the game for now. We apologize. Believe me, except for the banal primitive plot, there is nothing there. It takes time to realize our vision of this location.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
A) I didn't type anything close to what you are making up here, m8. All I'm saying is he clearly won't like any of the top Qsp games, because they're all like this. I'm not saying they should be like this because they are like this. I'm simply stating fact, nothing more.

B) I decide how much time I want to spend on a comment. I also decide what I type. And you won't get away with twisting the words I typed.

Ps. And I didn't have to type a wall of bs to be clear. Great, isn't it?
I want to express my admiration for you. I love very much laconic people. Your vision of the project coincides with ours. Why lower everything in the game to one EXIT button. It is already on the home page of the game. You certainly answered more beautifully and I admire you very much.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020

Alright, I'mma give you a more detailed breakdown than the guy above me:
  1. Managing hunger, thirst, and appearance is kind of the point, guy. Removing those means basically turning the game into a sandbox where you find a job, get money, spend money on getting fucked. Now, they definitely still need streamlining and retooling - Food and Thirst, for example, require a lot of clicks to fill right now. You have to go to the kitchen, cook the food, eat the food, then take a drink... That all is unneeded and could stand to go. But it needs simplification, or gamification, not removal. Packaging the food into meals would help - you could have junk food, junk drinks, both of which only fill hunger or thirst respectively, fatten you but don't fill up their bars much, but give a bit of happiness when eaten. Then there's Simple Meals which fill about half of each bar in a single click but are fattening, diet meals that fill you up and don't fatten you but sap happiness, luxury meals; whatever you want to do with them, the goal is removing number of clicks. Likewise, a more streamlined, one-click way to move about the house would go a mile. Having to go through the hallway every time is a pain in the ass.

Alternatively, or even in conjunction with, the above, they could make cooking more entertaining. Having the MC be a novice cook and allowing for experimentation with ingredients could be a fun way to make it a mechanic worth engaging in. This would mean drastically expanding the supermarket so that instead of buying generic food you're getting eggs, bread, meat, etc. It also means coming up with various recipes, and providing ways for people who don't want to just smash foods together to come across recipes. That's a lot of work! But I think it would add a significant amount of engagement to the process of making the food, and would make it significantly less grindy. I think it'd work best with the above - once you know a recipe, you can cook it in a single click if you have the right ingredients. Different meals do different things to your stats, etc.

2. The calculation definitely needs rewriting, but I'd say not because of eating but because of two things. One is that current weight loss/gain is weird and spiky and intuitive. If you have your girl spend all day at the gym for a week, you expect to see her lose fat and gain muscle. Likewise, a girl who lays around doing nothing but taking dick and drinking Mountain Dew inbetween fucks is probably going to turn into a landwhale at some point. This likely ties into the attractiveness rewrite as well, which I've brought up before and referenced in my response above this one - there's no need to consider every girl who isn't a toothpick with two watermelons stapled to her chest and clown makeup on her face unattractive. I believe my proposed suggestion was to have three different ratings for attractiveness (Sexy/slutty, Cute/nerdy, and Tomboy/amazon). That'd have a big effect on how weight gain factors into attractiveness, since a pudgier girl would be less effected on the cute scale than she would on the slutty or tomboy scales. Pudge can be hot if you want a gamergirl but less so if you're looking for a "traditionally" sexy woman or a girl you can drink beers with after the sex. Muscles' good if you want a friend as well as a fuckbuddy but it's not as much of a positive if you want a supermodel. Etc. This all changes what the calculation should be since weight factors into that and you want to be able to specialize in one of those traits.

Well, if they take my suggestion. They did give a positive response though, so I'm hopeful. It's one of the big departures from the usual formula I've been talking about.

3. Transportation could be clearer, but you get used to navigating the city. That's unfortunately baked into the nature of text-based sandboxes - the different sections of the city already have their own sorts of demeanors and themes so you eventually cotton onto which is which. The subway car could stand to just take you right there though. More clicks = bad in almost every circumstance if you can do it with fewer. Especially with QSP's shitty UI.

4. Clothing system is tightly linked to attractiveness and likely would be even closer knit were the Sexy/Cute/Tomboy dichotomy to be implemented. Storing outfits for later? That's a good. Trying to remain not-anal about the clothes? Not so good. That's part of the optimization game.

The bit about them getting dirty and worn makes some sense but that happens really slow. If she doesn't already, I'd say just have it be one of the things the maid takes care of once you can afford her. Otherwise, it's like once a month you even have to wash your clothes at the rate that seems to move, much less fix them. Maybe it's different for you guys.

My advice to About_It would actually be to make the clothes more complicated on the code's side, and just let the player save certain outfits. The saved outfits can then be put on by simply going to the wardrobe and clicking the button to put them on. The wardrobe knows that outfit "Slutty Whore" asks for a black thong, so it checks to see if you have it in the wardrobe - if you do, it puts on the black thong for you, if not, it tells you that the thong isn't there and puts on what it can. Bingo bango, job is done. This turns the wardrobe from an exercise in clicking 50 buttons and scrolling through lists into something you want to do. Now you have money, you can get the fancy black dress that adds a lot to all your attractiveness bars. Now you want to go home to the wardrobe, because now you can spend 5 minutes worrying over the perfect setup to maximize your appeal as an "innocent", nerdy chess club girl who wants to be whirled away by a chadly stud. And when you're done worrying you're done, instead of having it be a morning chore you do every day.

That's way too much girl, not enough life, I say.

I have saved your message and will study it carefully. It contains a lot of useful things and what is really worth implementing. I think the preservation of several clothing options, will be very helpful. Unfortunately, there is no such command behind my back as you imagine. But I have a great desire for your ideas to exist. The only thing I do not want you to quarrel in my theme.
Feel the time in this game, how much we spend trying to survive and how little we spend on beautiful things. And then look around you.

Thank you very much !!!

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
is there a guide or anything for this game im finding it hard to know how to get anywhere
A publication called "City website" was published on Patreon to solve this problem. If you are not our patron, you will have to wait for the next Public version.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
About the translation of the game. We understand your resentment and reproach ourselves that we are not native English speakers.
Please publish completely the phrases and designation that cause you confusion. We hope that the community will help with this problem and together we will find how it should be right. The fix will not take long and you can enjoy the game.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
We made a new publication today

Working on bugs

- Fixed the exit to work as a maid.
- Fixed courses for obtaining a secretary diploma in the House of Culture, which could be attended only once.
- Fixed display of the name of an expensive women's handbag after buying it in a boutique
- Fixed a bug with displaying the days before the exam in a driving school, replacing them with driving experience.
- We removed communication with the head of the hospital, as he simply duplicated (with an error) the mechanics of working as a nurse. You can return to it later if you have a desire to develop this direction.
- Added the exit from this place when taking exams for admission to the University.
- Fixed display of clothes in the closet and bag of the MC.
- Fixed a bug when, when changing the weight of the MC at the start of the game, it was not initialized in the weight correction mechanics and a bug occurred.
- Fixed the unlimited purchase of an umbrella in the market. We made it appear in the woman's handbag (it is also displayed in the corridor of the apartment).
- Fixed selfie in the phone. To be honest, we forgot about him. The folder contains a lot of materials and selfies yet to be completed.
- Made it possible to remove sperm from the breast with a napkin.
- Fixed action "Require advance payment" when working as a prostitute.
- Added the use of branded cosmetics in Auto makeup.
- Reworked the "Tidy yourself up" action after sex. If problems arise again, please indicate the location in which this happened.
- Fixed action "Don't let him pull his dick out of you mouth." during sex.
- Reduced the amount of rain and bad weather in the summer.
- Based on the pictures, we plan to gradually replace them with our own content, since having spent a lot of time it is not always possible to find suitable material, but, so far, many factors interfere.

Thank you all for your interest in our project! We will try to shorten the time between public versions.

Kevin7214

Dec 3, 2017
So you play this game without cheating anything, slow and steady, earn money, buy clothes and everything?
Yes, at least the first time on a qsp . Why would i play a qsp game with cheats when i dont know the game, i can look the pic/vid in the folder . It's just sad that everyone make the same game again ... Already played Simgirl for many hours and this game i s basically the same game with less content .. Please take new pictures for the city and for everything else ...

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Yes, at least the first time on a qsp . Why would i play a qsp game with cheats when i dont know the game, i can look the pic/vid in the folder . It's just sad that everyone make the same game again ... Already played Simgirl for many hours and this game i s basically the same game with less content .. Please take new pictures for the city and for everything else ...
Hi, love the name. Very classy.

Most of the QSP games are based on stuff from DeGross or direct from Rubedo so they share a lot of mechanics and base images. Its very hard to replace the core of a game and keep moving it forward so these things remain. Now with Girl Life we have replaced thousands of images from new images for parts of the city to replacing may of the core characters. However, there are still so many that are from ETO still in there that you'd play it and see a couple then think its lazy or that we haven't spend all this time changing stuff.

Its the same with the game mechanics, we've replaced thing such as sex, hunger, pregnency, clothing systems with completely new systems of our own and yet much of the daily activities feel the same. That's a problem with life sims, most peoples days are very similar, get up, have breakfast, goto work/school, come home, eat dinner, shower, etc. Then we have to sqeeze in time and agency to allow for developing relationships and the sex that is making people want to ply the game in the first place.

Essentially these types of game will always be very similar, not to say QSP forces this as Jack o' nine tails proves but this type of game that works well in QSP will always be much like another.

Sorry for wall of text and I know its not all about your complaint in regard to images, just wanted to explain some things in general.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

Tnaulg

Jun 23, 2018
Hi, love the name. Very classy.

Most of the QSP games are based on stuff from DeGross or direct from Rubedo so they share a lot of mechanics and base images. Its very hard to replace the core of a game and keep moving it forward so these things remain. Now with Girl Life we have replaced thousands of images from new images for parts of the city to replacing may of the core characters. However, there are still so many that are from ETO still in there that you'd play it and see a couple then think its lazy or that we haven't spend all this time changing stuff.

Its the same with the game mechanics, we've replaced thing such as sex, hunger, pregnency, clothing systems with completely new systems of our own and yet much of the daily activities feel the same. That's a problem with life sims, most peoples days are very similar, get up, have breakfast, goto work/school, come home, eat dinner, shower, etc. Then we have to sqeeze in time and agency to allow for developing relationships and the sex that is making people want to ply the game in the first place.

Essentially these types of game will always be very similar, not to say QSP forces this as Jack o' nine tails proves but this type of game that works well in QSP will always be much like another.

Sorry for wall of text and I know its not all about your complaint in regard to images, just wanted to explain some things in general.
I mean, Girl Life does feel really different. Playing it is nowhere near the same as playing SimGirl or this game which are still both extremely similar to each other (as it's early in developpement, I get it).
The amount of work you put in Girl Life is remarkable, I think a lot of people realized it. It's very obvious when you look at the code too. It's down to point where your game actually inspires other games, nobody would think of accusing Girl Life to be too similar to another QSP game as it is the best by far, the one with the most content by far, the one with the most efficient code by far, one of the rare ones that are actully in english and non MTL, etc...
Of course, there will be the grindy defaults (hunger, exhaustion etc), but it's a life sim, what do you expect ? Actually if that part is too annoying for you to enjoy the game, just turn them off with cheats (which are easily accessible and have a lot of tweaks), I find the game extremely playable and enjoyable even with those cheats on.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
I mean, Girl Life does feel really different. Playing it is nowhere near the same as playing SimGirl or this game which are still both extremely similar to each other (as it's early in developpement, I get it).
I guess it is because GL has the most times a kind of story, that you will find very quickly as you start the game. Here you are thrown into a world and wander around.

3.40 star(s) 32 Votes