otakudes

May 17, 2019
You claimed Girl Life is just a mod based on this game. While girl life been worked on since 2016 and have far more content than this one... And I'm quite sure the creator of this game is not DeGross....
I said that "Girl Life" can be considered as a modification, not that it is a modification. Please don't misinterpret my words, okay?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I said that "Girl Life" can be considered as a modification, not that it is a modification. Please don't misinterpret my words, okay?
Even the DeGross's ETO had more content than the one in OP here, so don't claim Girl Life is, or even can be considered a modification of the game in OP.

As Mayt said here https://f95zone.to/threads/about-it-v0-91-7-about_it.59066/post-4458078
The game in OP is based on the original by DeGross and Sim Girl. Girl Life is an English translation, adaption and continuation of DeGross's

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Degeneracy

Nov 15, 2017
Actually, the opposite is true. "Girl Life" is based on "About it", it can be considered a fan mod of the game"About it".
I think the issue here is grammar. "GL" is based on "AI", it(being Girl Life) can be a fan mod of the game "AI".(AI can be a fan mod of the game AI, doesn't work.)

Simple error, why we all love english and how much of a pain it is when one word is wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: Jack-O and otakudes

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Except Girl Life can't be based on About It, it came out before About It was a thing. They're also in wildly different places both in the development cycle and mechanically.
Saying Girl Life can be considered a mod of About It holds only a couple drops more water than saying Danganronpa is based off Among Us. The only main difference being GL and AI share a platform.

Reactions: mteir and Carrera

Degeneracy

Nov 15, 2017
Sadly, no. That's the limitation of a QSP player, and is beyond game devs control. I am not sure if there is any version QSP player that support dark mode.
It's a yes/no answer. It relies on the game dev to input the code to allow for it. Take Girl Life for example, it has a dark mode, gray mode. Which is what the OP was asking. No clue if this can be done easily or if it is deep in the core of the game to force all screens to be in dark mode.

Reactions: Wener

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
It's a yes/no answer. It relies on the game dev to input the code to allow for it. Take Girl Life for example, it has a dark mode, gray mode. Which is what the OP was asking. No clue if this can be done easily or if it is deep in the core of the game to force all screens to be in dark mode.
Right now there's a function behind the background color scheme depending on the time.
IIRC that is a standard function qsp sets automatically if nothing is specified.
Circumventing that and implementing a static background in whatever the author implements is rather easy.

Reactions: Wener

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Sadly, no. That's the limitation of a QSP player, and is beyond game devs control. I am not sure if there is any version QSP player that support dark mode.
i have had a player version that let you change the colors?!

are the family in the game yet or still only annoying phone calls?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
are the family in the game yet or still only annoying phone calls?
Yes they are in the game.
You can board a train to your home town and if the relationship is good enough (it starts out bad) you won't get the door slapped into your face upon arrival.

It's the same since the family got introduced in SimGirl roundabout 5 years ago.

Sunshine999

Oct 5, 2017
What the devs seems to be working now are just features already implemented in Rubedo.

I believe they could just copy that tried and tested code.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
New publication on Patreon today. Join our patrons and get these updates now.

Atelier

- So, as you may have already noticed, we have made it possible to repair clothes for MC. To do this, she need to have
A seamstress skill, which can be acquired in appropriate courses. Also in the game appeared sewing machine, which significantly reduces the time to repair or adjust the clothes to fit the size.
But even the maximum pumped skill does not make it possible to turn rags into a new thing. There is a limit to everything. The newer the thing, the less time and effort will be spent on its recovery.
- Now we have moved further on this issue and added to the game Atelier, which can be found in the markets and in some areas of the town (see map). I had to make a new mechanics of repairing things from scratch. Special attention was paid to ensure that these locations contain a minimum of pop-up windows. To repair old things or buy new ones, the solution, as always, is up to you. But we tried to keep the advantages of new things over the old ones. We hope you enjoy the work we have done. If you have an opinion about it, we are waiting for your comments.
- We have changed the order of transition between the locations of the apartment. The corridor in the list is now the last one everywhere. This allows avoiding confusion and leaving the apartment quickly.
- We have corrected the sale of cars at the market. We looked for a mistake in the formula of sale, but thanks to your comments, we have understood and found the reason. We have united several similar locations in one, but we did not fix the transitions.
As a result, the link went to locations that no longer exist and there was a bug. How would you feel about such an offer - To make it possible for MC to buy a driver's license or a car on the market without a driver's license ?
- We significantly expanded the display of clothing states, making a smoother transition between them.
- Reduced random wear and tear of clothes. Fixed errors found in this game mechanics.
- Moved the action of dismissal from the maid's job at your suggestion. We also tried to improve the translation of this action.
- Fixed bug with the number of fingers in anal masturbation, which was found thanks to you.

Thank you so much for YOUR support !!!

Thank you very much for all your comments and interest in the game. We read them very carefully. Only together with you this project started to look like a game. A special thanks to the trolls who are trying hard to downgrade the rating of the game, pouring their anger and hatred. We are glad that despite all our shortcomings, you stay with us and help us get better !!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: blargballs

nashorn95z

Jan 26, 2019
I have some money earned but don't know where to spend it. Is there something that i have to buy to have some new mechanics like cam whoring on a laptop?
At his moment the laptop doesn't give me the option to use the bought cam tho

@avout_it btw thanks for the update

3.40 star(s) 32 Votes