FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
you can change the Colour in the QSP options.There is an option to change Background Fonts and so on.Even an option to use only a fix colour for the entire time
GL has options to prevent this, just turning dynamic mood off and 3 more colour options, its just something people like to use to show when its early or late and nothgin to do with the engine.
Did I somehow change the defaults? Or is the bad colour scheme default. If it's the first that's on me and I apologize. If it's the latter my gripe stands - please don't ship your game broken by design :).

But I do appreciate the assistance on how to make nightscenes readable!

Update: modifying backgrounds/fonts doesn't seem to do anything with the packaged player. It does work with the Qt QSP player though.

Last edited:

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Thank you so much for continuing to send your feedback and observations about the game. Believe me, it's very valuable to us and gives us a chance to see what we do from the outside and with a fresh, unbiased eye!!!

As for the growth of the MC's reputation as an actress, this is still in development and balancing. In a later version, we realized our mistake and corrected the rate of actress reputation gain. Unfortunately this fix is not included in this public version. Let's hope that by the next public version we finish the movie industry and don't spoil your enjoyment of playing it.

Reactions: blargballs

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Got repeatedly this game-stopping error:
Area: on visit
Line: 1585
Code: 107
Desc: Sign [:] not found!

Please advice. I'd like to keep playing.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Got repeatedly this game-stopping error:
Line: 1585
Desc: Sign [:] not found!

Please advice. I'd like to keep playing.
This error was corrected later. In this version you must add ":" as indicated here.
Снимок экрана 2021-10-11 144149.png

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
New publication on Patreon today. Join our patrons and get these updates now.

Career in the film industry. Producer.

- Fixed the bug with washing things dressed on the MC in the laundry room, when her costume was added to not dressed things that were not mapped and were not active for interaction.
- Fixed a bug with no action in some cases where the MC finds a wallet on the street.
- Reworked the recruitment of MC moral reputation points in the office. These points will now be gained faster through rumor and speculation from staff, as well as based on the MC's behavior when she works in the office.
- Reworked the game mechanics of cheats for aging and soiling clothes. You can now use these cheats to regenerate and clean the MC's clothes.
- Made new in-game mechanics of using hygiene products during MC's period, with clearer display of information and choice of hygiene products.

11e.png

- Fixed the bug with asking for a premium increase when signing a contract for a shoot with the MC, when the premium was 0. Added an action so that the MC can first ask for a bonus and then haggle to increase it.
- Reworked the game mechanics of penalties for the MC when she participates in a contracted film shoot.
- Finally, answered the question of what would happen if the MC ignored scheduled filming days. First, she will receive calls from the set demanding that she come to the shoot. Subsequently, if MC ignores these calls from the movie studio, the consequences for her could be dire and her career as an actress could come to an end.

22e.png
33e.png

- Clarified the situation with the producer, which in the process of development of the film studio got out of control and it was absolutely unclear whether the MC has a producer or not. Now, by visiting the film studio you can easily understand this and interact with the producer, if the MC has one.

44e.png
55e.png

- Made it possible for the MC to meet the producer at an actress casting.
- Made a new mechanic of interaction between the MC and the producer at the film studio. Now you can develop a business relationship with him or refuse his services in order to find a new producer. We tried to give the MC different options for interaction, including seducing the producer if she wants to speed up his productivity. Also, do not forget, if the relationship with the producer will be strained, in which case he is unlikely to care about the career of his ward. In such a case, it is better to clarify the relationship immediately and go in search of the next one. In any case, there will be enough options for interaction to decide which way to develop a career MC in the movie.

66e.png

- Reworked the game mechanics of phone calls from the movie studio, removing unnecessary variables and decoupling them from the numerical values of the days of the month.

Add the "producer" folder to the "studia" folder, which is located in the game folder.
Replace the game files.
Thank you so much for YOUR help and support !!!

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for your kind answer.

TLDR:
So far I have learned methods to avoid gypsies, cock roaches and stay clear of police for most of the time. I also learned how to avoid second hand cars that break on daily basis and sex-partners that finally turn out to mere nuisance.
To realize that I'd need to learn some programming to fix a game - mere forcing in a :-mark with text-tinkering brought understandably a bad result - I am both thankful and also slightly miffed: Thankful that I was not the one that spoiled a promising game and a bit miffed about that I was tempted to try my notoriously weak hand with one that was not even supposed to work properly but for a very restricted time (anything from a day to a few weeks, measured in game time).

I remain waiting for a working copy of About It. Unfortunately Patreon did not take my money last time I tried, so I can not buy your new version there though I am seriously tempted. (Their robot let me know there was a suspicion that I was not entitled to use my own mastercard. A bit odd if you ask me, since all the local shops, services and even international game-sites have this far accepted my card gladly and with no complaints. :) )

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
The gypsies are... annoying. Why exactly is there an unavoidable and forced encounter that takes a percentage (looks to be 40-50%) of your held money in the game?

Well, there is one way to avoid them, to drive. But on that note, cars break down once every couple of days or so. Seems excessive.
It's worse. The cost of repair is insane. The Bentley Continental GT costs 10M RUB in the game but the car starts making noises in less than two weeks and the repair shop wants to charge 300M+ RUB to fix it! That's 30 in-game Bentleys!

Reactions: AH-64E

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
It's worse. The cost of repair is insane. The Bentley Continental GT costs 10M RUB in the game but the car starts making noises in less than two weeks and the repair shop wants to charge 300M+ RUB to fix it! That's 30 in-game Bentleys!
Ffs, a car like that has a 5 year parts and labour waranty and they are so well made its rare you need to claim on it.

Reactions: AH-64E and yoyodyne

kaboomz

Jan 3, 2021
A bug with a huge cost to repair a car seems to have been fixed in one of the previous Patreon-versions. We'll have to wait for the public version of the game to be updated.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Thanks for your kind answer.

TLDR:
So far I have learned methods to avoid gypsies, cock roaches and stay clear of police for most of the time. I also learned how to avoid second hand cars that break on daily basis and sex-partners that finally turn out to mere nuisance.
To realize that I'd need to learn some programming to fix a game - mere forcing in a :-mark with text-tinkering brought understandably a bad result - I am both thankful and also slightly miffed: Thankful that I was not the one that spoiled a promising game and a bit miffed about that I was tempted to try my notoriously weak hand with one that was not even supposed to work properly but for a very restricted time (anything from a day to a few weeks, measured in game time).

I remain waiting for a working copy of About It. Unfortunately Patreon did not take my money last time I tried, so I can not buy your new version there though I am seriously tempted. (Their robot let me know there was a suspicion that I was not entitled to use my own mastercard. A bit odd if you ask me, since all the local shops, services and even international game-sites have this far accepted my card gladly and with no complaints. :) )
I'm sorry that so far all the game is capable of doing is upsetting you. Patreon remains as much of a mystery to me as it does to you, but it is the only way to buy some time to spend on the project. Only he who does nothing is not wrong. The project continues to evolve, and I can only hope that it can please you.

Reactions: blargballs

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I'm sorry that so far all the game is capable of doing is upsetting you. Patreon remains as much of a mystery to me as it does to you, but it is the only way to buy some time to spend on the project. Only he who does nothing is not wrong. The project continues to evolve, and I can only hope that it can please you.
I sincerely beg your pardon, I must have expressed myself poorly. Please let me explain myself:
The game is GREAT, as it has taught me those fore-mentioned things in such a little time! What upsets me is one single ":" missing from line 1585 from public version, that I so far haven't succeeded to put in it's correct place and which stops my game in a white screen for good. What would probably please me quite a lot would be one version that has that one mark in it's right place. (I would not mind a little older version either, since I quite liked your former calorie-based weight-system.) All I think I'd need is a working copy of About It that lets me go on playing more than a few days of game-time. :) [Perhaps you could fix the one you have for free on your Patreon site, if that is not against your interests.]

Sincerely yours, tsap.

Degeneracy

Nov 15, 2017
about_it

It possible to get update patches vs the entire download? At least updates till the next major release making small changes from one to another small and easy to dl.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
It wasn't the best presentation of the public version of the game. In the pursuit of creating new content, we missed a number of gross bugs that we had as of that date. We have now tried to correct these.

New publication on Patreon today. Join our patrons and get these updates now.

Fixes and improvements

- The new game mechanics of the penalty system in the movie industry, had an unpleasant surprise. Fixed a bug where the MC kept calling from the studio and demanding that she come to the shooting, without taking into account the fact that the filming is already completed.
- Expanded the animation options for adult films.
- Added the ability to rename your own producer.
- Fixed a bug where the producer called the MC while she was in his office.
- Fixed the bug with the closing time of the modeling agency office and its location.
- Reworked the calls from the modeling agency taking into account the presence or absence of the MC producer.
- Fixed the bug with the display of the start time of events related to the film industry in the English translation.
- Made it possible for the MC to meet the producer when she's auditioning for a role in a movie.
- Fixed a bug where the working day on set went past midnight and the MC was ruthlessly exploited, working another day of shooting for free.
- Fixed a bug where the last day of shooting was not paid, and only the premium was credited to the card.
- Fixed a bug where when taking vitamins or pills automatically, the warning in the additional description window would not disappear if they were completely finished.
- Fixed a bug in the atelier where if the MC was selecting an item to repair, a bunch of additional options would appear in the action menu as if she were at home.
- The anal plug no longer stays in the MC's anus when interacting with her during sex.
- The MC's apartment implemented the same game mechanics as the dormitory. The MC can now exercise at home more than once a day.
- The location code was optimized and new gameplay mechanics of working out in the fitness center was made. Now the MC will no longer work out like a robot without fatigue and breaks.

Replace the game files.
Thank you very much for YOUR help and support !!!

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Thank you - spasibo. Your Download Fix PV_0.92.7 helped. The game-stopping error in my game (missing :-mark) does not appear anymore in line 1585. It is reported now in line 1570!
Nice.

(Error
Line: 1570
Desc: Sign [:] not found!)

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I feel like you could do with this:
Its an analyser for QSP, export a txt2gme file and scan it using the analyser. It will find things like missing or extra ends, colons, etc. and various other problems.
If you use split .txt files for working on the game then you can scan them individually too. Hope it helps.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I feel like you could do with this: Mega
Its an analyser for QSP, export a txt2gme file and scan it using the analyser. It will find things like missing or extra ends, colons, etc. and various other problems.
If you use split .txt files for working on the game then you can scan them individually too. Hope it helps.
Thank you!!! I am using version 1.2 of the analyzer. Maybe that's why the analyzer doesn't find those unfortunate ":". Your version is newer than 1.3. There is no possibility to download it in runet. I will try!!! The shell has Russian, but I don't understand how to switch it. Thanks so much again!!!

Reactions: Kevin Smarts
3.40 star(s) 32 Votes