DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Wow! Abusively defensive much?
  1. You obviously don't know much about English grammar since each of your "corrections" is applied to perfectly correct grammar and semantic usage. I say this as an English and grammar teacher, and a native English speaker.
  2. The post was not a review else it would have been posted in the review section of this forum. It's a feedback comment meant to help the developer improve the game during development and to encourage their efforts. This is exemplified by the collection of positive comments in the first paragraph.
  3. And...
    Your good but when writing a review, be sure to use correct grammar. As I edited above.
    "Your" ==> "You're" (being a contraction of "you are"). You might want to work on your own mastery of basic English before you go flaming others.
My comments were meant to assist the developer and not as fodder for your abuse, so please let this be an end to it. :)

Katsuie

Oct 15, 2017
Wow! Abusively defensive much?
  1. You obviously don't know much about English grammar since each of your "corrections" is applied to perfectly correct grammar and semantic usage. I say this as an English and grammar teacher, and a native English speaker.
  2. The post was not a review else it would have been posted in the review section of this forum. It's a feedback comment meant to help the developer improve the game during development and to encourage their efforts. This is exemplified by the collection of positive comments in the first paragraph.
  3. And..."Your" ==> "You're" (being a contraction of "you are"). You might want to work on your own mastery of basic English before you go flaming others.
My comments were meant to assist the developer and not as fodder for your abuse, so please let this be an end to it. :)
I was saying that in a good way not to harm :) So no need to get hostile :) We all make mistakes. Grammar or not.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
So far, I've enjoyed this game and see a very positive future for it. The art is fun, the characters may be arch-types but they are presented in interesting ways and are likeable. The story has barely begun but has some interesting elements and is fun to follow.

However, there are some things that worry me tremendously.
  1. Version 0.65 (at this time)
    The story so far has only progressed with three girls: We've started a hook-up relationship with Tracer but still know next to nothing about her, We've started an experimental drug project with the school doctor which has led us to a regular sex session as part of that project but the project has barely begun, and we've met Sombra and become involved in her side-projects but have not progressed with any intimate relationship. We have some cam-girl pictures of D.VA but have not yet been able to use them or even meet her.

In other words and despite unlocking two sets of h-scenes, the story has barely reached the end of a prologue stage. The version should be around 0.23 and not nearly as high as 0.65 if you take 1.0 as one completed story arc.

This raises the disturbing possibility that the only purpose of a story route is to unlock h-scenes and, when that is done, the story will be abandoned.

2. Story routes.
    This quote is extremely disturbing.

- Mercy route is now completed;
    The only thing we've completed with Mercy is a set of h-scenes. The story of her drug research, our efforts to develop ourselves in preparation for and during the project, and the effect the project and the side-effects of the drug will have on school life and our relationships has not even progressed out of the prologue stage -- and yet this quote says that the Mercy route is complete??????

This would mean that, once you've unlocked a set of h-scenes, the story for a route will simply be abandoned. While the h-scenes are the frosting on a cake, the majority of the cakey goodness that keeps you coming back for more is the story. Without a good story, a game is just a collection of h-scenes to be extracted and the rest discarded.
I would be very disappointed if it turned out that the story will be held in so little regard in relation to unlocking h-scenes. If so, I will be reluctantly forced to drop this game like a bomb.
Thank you so much for review, we really appreciate your critics!

1. I think our version number is a bit confusting, sorry for this. After 0.9 it going to continue as 0.10 and so on.

2. We're not finished with Mercy, but first ark of her story closed. Last question in her test, which is left unanswered, would be a starting point for second ark later (which will introduce Moira and may include threesome with Pharah). After long time we spent working on her update, we felt need in changing our focus to something else, or else we may just burn out, what could affect art and writing in a bad way. We deffinetely going to return to Mercy later.

Also, we're not going to make routes work only as the way to unlock h-scenes, without real consequnses of things that Player doing. It will affect the main story, relationships between characters, player stats (some actions will gain or take your stats), etc. We're going to release first ark of the main storyline after 2-3 next updates, based on vote poll.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Thank you so much for review, we really appreciate your critics!

1. I think our version number is a bit confusting, sorry for this. Story won't be completed at 1.0 and so we won't stop working as soon as game hits this mark, it will continue as 1.1 and so on.

2. We're not finished with Mercy, but first ark of her story closed. Last question in her test, which is left unanswered, would be a starting point for second ark later (which will introduce Moira and may include threesome with Pharah). After long time we spent working on her update, we felt need in changing our focus to something else, or else we may just burn out, what could affect art and writing in a bad way. We deffinetely going to return to Mercy later.

Also, we're not going to make routes work only as the way to unlock h-scenes, without real consequnses of things that Player doing. It will affect the main story, relationships between characters, player stats (some actions will gain or take your stats), etc. We're going to release first ark of the main storyline after 2-3 next updates, based on vote poll.
That is a great relief to hear. :D I was worried since the game is fun to play.

A couple of additional gameplay observations:
  • There is a lot of grindy action repetition which is not a bad thing itself but the actions do not provide any feedback about whether you are accomplishing or advancing anything besides the time of day. You are lost as to whether what you choose to do is having any positive affect on your game state. After awhile, it leaves the player a little frustrated and confused.
  • There seems to be no mechanism to tell a test player when they have come to the end of the current content in any route or overall. You have no idea if continuing to grind through school classes and other events will uncover any new content or not. A test player wants to play through and uncover all of the content available but does not want to waste their time on useless actions when the current content is exhausted.
And... ok -- Tracer is sweet (I wan' Sombra! :LOL:), Mercy is intriguing (Not as much as Sombra! :sneaky:), Pharah is exotic (But is not Sombra! :ROFLMAO:), but... you know who might be of interest to focus on? (Sombra! Sombra! Sombra!! :love:)

No, not her. I'm talking about Sombra. Just a suggestion. :cool:

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
That is a great relief to hear. :D I was worried since the game is fun to play.

A couple of additional gameplay observations:
  • There is a lot of grindy action repetition which is not a bad thing itself but the actions do not provide any feedback about whether you are accomplishing or advancing anything besides the time of day. You are lost as to whether what you choose to do is having any positive affect on your game state. After awhile, it leaves the player a little frustrated and confused.
  • There seems to be no mechanism to tell a test player when they have come to the end of the current content in any route or overall. You have no idea if continuing to grind through school classes and other events will uncover any new content or not. A test player wants to play through and uncover all of the content available but does not want to waste their time on useless actions when the current content is exhausted.
And... ok -- Tracer is sweet (I wan' Sombra! :LOL:), Mercy is intriguing (Not as much as Sombra! :sneaky:), Pharah is exotic (But is not Sombra! :ROFLMAO:), but... you know who might be of interest to focus on? (Sombra! Sombra! Sombra!! :love:)

No, not her. I'm talking about Sombra. Just a suggestion. :cool:
Yes, we aware of problem with grinding and going to rethink it in coming updates, adding more impact from doing this, especialy from doing homework for yourself.

When you hit the end of route you progressing through, there will be a hint telling about it in your 'Tasks'. It's in Phone menu, if you missed it.

Sombra is a very special character for our story, so route with her will be special as well. Also, hardest one to finish :>

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
When you hit the end of route you progressing through, there will be a hint telling about it in your 'Tasks'. It's in Phone menu, if you missed it.
I did not miss it but the hint is not at all clear.

For the Mercy route, the last item that does not have a line through it says:
Visit the infirmary on Monday after classes
For the record, this scene is going to repeat every week.
Since it has no line through it, it seems as if you should keep repeating that until something new happens but nothing ever does.

For the Tracer route, all lines have a line through them. This might mean that the route is at the end of the current content or it might mean that something else needs to happen for the next line to appear.

For a test player, it would be much more preferable for a simple "End of current content." line to be added at the end of that task list. This kind of explicit declaration is how most other games handle this situation using a dialog or a log entry.

While game elements and puzzles can be worked with hints and clues, something a test player needs to know, like when they've actually reached the end of content for a route, should be explicit so they don't waste their time grinding for no purpose. Your test players will appreciate you for this kindness. I hope you find this line of reasoning valid and helpful.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
We're not finished with Mercy, but first ark of her story closed.
You might want to change your change log then. I played the game last night and was left thinking "Wow are those 2 routes really completed?, I grinded all just for that, they only got like 3 scenes each". I was also prepared to just put this one on ignore. So since its not just me that was confused by this maybe think about making it more clear?

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
I did not miss it but the hint is not at all clear.

For the Mercy route, the last item that does not have a line through it says:

Since it has no line through it, it seems as if you should keep repeating that until something new happens but nothing ever does.

For the Tracer route, all lines have a line through them. This might mean that the route is at the end of the current content or it might mean that something else needs to happen for the next line to appear.

For a test player, it would be much more preferable for a simple "End of current content." line to be added at the end of that task list. This kind of explicit declaration is how most other games handle this situation using a dialog or a log entry.

While game elements and puzzles can be worked with hints and clues, something a test player needs to know, like when they've actually reached the end of content for a route, should be explicit so they don't waste their time grinding for no purpose. Your test players will appreciate you for this kindness. I hope you find this line of reasoning valid and helpful.
Oh, ok! We'll change it then to something bit more clear.

Thanks you so much for this feedback! This is exactly the kind of critics we looked for :>

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
You might want to change your change log then. I played the game last night and was left thinking "Wow are those 2 routes really completed?, I grinded all just for that, they only got like 3 scenes each". I was also prepared to just put this one on ignore. So since its not just me that was confused by this maybe think about making it more clear?
Yea, we already got that it's a bit confusing. Gonna change it.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

HammerU89

Jan 13, 2019
I noticed there's audio files but I have no sound at all. Unless it supposed to be that way?

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
I noticed there's audio files but I have no sound at all. Unless it supposed to be that way?
It's a default RenPy sound files, they're part of engine, but have nothing to do with the game itself. At the moment, our game doesn't have own sound effects and music. We're looking forward to change that later, it's just not our main priority. Also, we just don't have a musician.

Cipheos

Young & Naughty's magician
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Replace each letter with the immediately preceding letter. It's the same way that, for the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey", they got "HAL" from "IBM".
I didn't even know that haha, thanks <3

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
New build available (0.6.8 - Public release) >

Minor changes from latest version posted here:
- Issues with replay system has been fixed;
- Animations has been added to all Tracer scenes;
- Save compatibility improved;
- 'Tasks' now tell that route has been completed;
- And couple of small changes and improvements.

killerbill

Jul 1, 2017
What are the chances of adding some dialogue during the H-scenes? I really think that it would add to it as they seem so sudden when they happen.

3.30 star(s) 36 Votes