Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Would someone please share a save after the MC has given Sombra the final jammer please?

Ifound the last one in the clasroom but have been unable to give it to her. When ever I tried she just wants to sell me more stuff.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Looking towards 2022, not big of a chance for updates unless a Christmas special is coming along for sure

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
wid1.png
ACADEMY34 — Widowmaker (Part one) — $10+ release

You thought we're gonna leave you without a Christmas present? Ha, never!

The biggest update ever to be released for our game IS HERE! And yes, we are going to use these dramatic statements to advertise the hell out of this release, you can't stop us! But for real, this is one hell of an update. We did put a lot of work to make sure you're getting the best possible story for one of the most requested characters. Not only it's a sizable addition to the game's narrative, we also expanded the Academy itself (a little), updated designs for characters that were long overdue to be visually improved, and made sure you won't get left out without some sweet new h-content.

So, basically, it's our magnum opus as far as updates go. At least story-wise. Don't expect anything this big again anytime soon, we want to get back to scheduled monthly releases.

But now let's celebrate! You have no idea how long we waited to finally release it. Merry Lewdmas!

DOWNLOAD:
> <

MORE INFO:
> <

If you enjoy what we are doing and would like to take part in shaping our game's future, be sure to high ranks and get access to this and every upcoming closed testing, as well as many other rewards!

Last edited:

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Dunno why but I've got this error with TextEdit no matter how I try opening it

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/tl/ru/common.rpy", line 6, in script
old "Self-voicing disabled."
Exception: A translation for "Self-voicing disabled." already exists at game/tl/ru/common.rpy:7.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2519, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 453, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 394, in add
quote_unicode(old), fn, line))
Exception: A translation for "Self-voicing disabled." already exists at game/tl/ru/common.rpy:7.

Darwin-21.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
ACADEMY34 v0.10.3.6
Thu Dec 23 00:39:01 2021

Update: I've moved all of this stuff from the "ru" folder to a garbage folder and they're all trashed, attempted to move the Academy34 application to trash as well and download a new one from zip, but opening a new one still reveals the same error with the traceback/exception/self voicing disabled yada yada yada. Also, how do we start the Widowmaker stuff?

Last edited:

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Dunno why but I've got this error with TextEdit no matter how I try opening it

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2519, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 453, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "/Users/myname/Desktop/FOLDER/H Games/ACADEMY34.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 394, in add
quote_unicode(old), fn, line))

Darwin-21.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
ACADEMY34 v0.10.3.6
Thu Dec 23 00:39:01 2021
Is your systemt language set to Russian by any chance? It seems to be caused by the game trying to get translation files, which are not there yet. Sorry about that, the problem is fixed in newer release.
Just delete the "tl" folder from "Academy34/game/tl" and it should be alright.

Reactions: Testerguy19

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Is your systemt language set to Russian by any chance? It seems to be caused by the game trying to get translation files, which are not there yet. Sorry about that.
Just delete the "tl" folder from "Academy34/game/tl" and it should be alright.
Yeah I think I did that prior getting to your message, kinda figured it out on my own in the update section. Does this occur to all players or no? Russian is not my language by the way

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Yeah I think I did that prior getting to your message, kinda figured it out on my own in the update section. Does this occur to all players or no? Russian is not my language by the way
It just happened more often to people, who had their device language set to Russian, because RenPy by default tried to find files with translation if there are any. And since we put some placeholder files to help some fellas with their work on translating our game, it errored out, because technically there are files, but they are empty. Kinda.

Reactions: Testerguy19
3.30 star(s) 38 Votes