HTML Accidental Mind [v3.4] [Myscra]

4.70 star(s) 40 Votes

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
definitely going to keep play this game for a while, it is nice to see text based game, because the developer has to do a good job with the plot since there has no pictures. nice work.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Have another one for you- after you trigger the Date message from Blaire, if you accidentally skip reading the text, there's no way to read it again- i.e., see that it's at Mel's in the evening. Same goes for the next Blaire text about the downtown restaurant with the suit requirement. If something is going to gate progression, you should put it in the dev spoiler text in the dev cheat section

QOL: when a player has reached the boundary of the existing content, please put that in the dev text section as well
Noted, I will include both of these in the next release.

On a separate note, seeing the quality of what already exists, I can't help but add suggestions- the character's mental states are malleable because they're chock full of personal traits and flaws that seem like they're going to be exploitable by the MC later on.

The nerd girl is chunky cute, the cheerleader works out like a demon but is flat, the friend's mother has self-confidence issues and stresses out over how she looks after her husband dumps her... etc.

All of these are ripe for the MC to go in their minds and influence them to make changes- either subconsciously (You convince the Cheerleader's subconscious that it's tired of the host being flat, and it triggers a second puberty where Cheerleader gets bigger boobs/wider hips) or consciously (You convince cheerleader's mind that she needs implants). Same can be done with all of the other 'problems' (Nerd girl gets subconscious testosterone boost for muscle development... or just begins to go to the gym religiously, which IRL does the exact same thing over a longer timeline, while the mom could begin working on confidence issues by dressing better, going running more often, doing other forms of stress relief :sneaky:, etc.)

Given the medium you're using to convey the story in, this doesn't exactly involve the largest changeset either- just rework the boob/hip/body descriptions to be variables instead of constants. If you want an example of how other games do this across multiple characters (or even the PC himself), see Trials in Tainted Space or Corruption of Champions (both by Fenoxo)
That was actually a thought for Blaire at one point because I had her mother as one of the planet women, I may still include her getting a boob job in a later iteration (especially for the non-housewife endstate). As for Kiara, most of her issues stem less from her weight and more from her rejection of her sexuality, i.e shes not hiding her body because shes overweight, its becuase she dosent like having her huge rack stared at (Also, I like chunky cute). You absolutely hit the nail on the head for Liane, that's precisely where I am going with it. Lets just say, she has the opposite issue than her daughter, deep down she likes being looked at a bit too much...

The steps to recreate 2 is: restart->skip intro->phone->turn the phone off. This will cause a popup error to appear.

I made a mistake with 3, it's not La Lune but Cavaleri's at Halcyon Hotel, Evening.

Not sure about 6. It's always black font and black background for me when saving in the game/main page. I even tried changing to light background and disable dark mode just in case that's the problem but it's still the same. Just a small issue though, so nvm.

And about the rejected suggestion, sure, it's your game. Not gonna lie though, I felt a bit lied to since you supposedly have the choice to act like a superhero or a supervillain, and Sam has mentioned that if he accidentally leaked his powers in Blaire's dream, due to his strength she'll turn into a mindless fuck puppet, so I thought... not to mention that non-consensual sex has got to be at least half the reason one might choose to become a sex supervillain in the first place... have you played Incubi City before? That's one of the best, if not the best examples of a dark type sexual fantasy. If well done it can really add some depth to the sexual experiences the player can obtain. But yes, I can see that it presents a huge problem if you can't bring yourself to write them in the first place, so no problem man.
Directions were spot on, I fixed them both, the phone uses a last location variable that doesn't get defined until after the intro is finished, so there was no where to return to. Ill take a deeper look at 6 when I have the time and see if I can figure it out. The restaurant thing was just a stupid mistake. I added them to the download (still 1.1a because I changed like 3 words)

As for the last part. I've tried out incubus city and its...intense. Not something I think I would be able to write myself. Hopefully as the game gets filled in, everything will make more sense, and everything will flow better. There is a direction that its going, but the piecemeal approach means that the players are only getting snippets (The trees for the forest if you will). I think your last point is important, If I'm not feeling it, its going to come out bad and there's a lot better people to focus on that stuff than me.

Your game's awesome, one of my favorites I've ever played on the site. I love the *exact* direction you've chosen with the mind control/corruption, don't change a thing. Any way I can support you and the game?
Thanks, I am thinking of starting a pateron with the next release. I'd like to get some track record going to prove to myself and others that the game is progressing (I also have no idea what to do for the tiers).

To be more clear, I'm seeing a lot of people asking for more non-consensual content and more explicit corruption, but there's a legion of games that scratch those fetishes, but none that live in the niche you've carved out with this game so far, and I love it. Keep up the great work ^_^
Thanks!

Eumind

Aug 20, 2016
When i click on the html file, all I see is:

8 point
10 point
12 point

Kiara:"What the hell man"

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
To be more clear, I'm seeing a lot of people asking for more non-consensual content and more explicit corruption, but there's a legion of games that scratch those fetishes, but none that live in the niche you've carved out with this game so far, and I love it. Keep up the great work ^_^
While you're right, I couldn't find a single text-based game (there are scenes, but they're almost always a one-time thing) that could scratch that particular fetish of mine T_T. It's like asking a kleptomaniac to rob a bank: they're similar but ultimately different, yanno?

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
I made both Blaire's states over 60, yet cannot find how to make it further. Do I have to buy that $1000 membership card or is there anything I've missed? I did $250 shopping, did every action at every states level at least once per level. May anyone give me a clue of how to make it further?

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
When i click on the html file, all I see is:

8 point
10 point
12 point

Kiara:"What the hell man"
I accidently uploaded a debug version and only realized it a few minutes later, you must have downloaded it before I fixed the link. The current ones should work now. Sorry about that.

I made both Blaire's states over 60, yet cannot find how to make it further. Do I have to buy that $1000 membership card or is there anything I've missed? I did $250 shopping, did every action at every states level at least once per level. May anyone give me a clue of how to make it further?
As of right now, that is the end for Blaire. I am planning some more content down the line. At the request of a few people I will be adding in markers to signify the end of content with the next release.

blackmeow13

Mar 29, 2019
As of right now, that is the end for Blaire. I am planning some more content down the line. At the request of a few people I will be adding in markers to signify the end of content with the next release.
[/QUOTE]
Great! Thanks, take your time, so far this game feels spot on mind control topic, to alter a person's mind structure in order to make her become only submissive to player and without knowing herself make perfect sence.

mikac0123

Oct 14, 2017
My favourite new game in a long while. I’d definitely support a Patreon of this if you went that route. Nice to see plot and character defelopment placed over a wave of images. Is there any plans to possibly allow branching routes in terms of how you change characters?

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
My favourite new game in a long while. I’d definitely support a Patreon of this if you went that route. Nice to see plot and character defelopment placed over a wave of images. Is there any plans to possibly allow branching routes in terms of how you change characters?
Thanks! Blaire was a proof of concept for me and the simplest gameplay wise. I do want to make the other woman far less linear, with their own mutually exclusive branches. I may even go back and update Blaire at some point (make the FWB/Dedicated decision much earlier and have it go from there.)

• Love
Reactions: Tiredpuff

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Finding the book in the library then consulting with Cerebralite will cause a dead-end.

Edit: also getting the text after date with blaire will keep the notification beside phone.
1594722922150.png

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Finding the book in the library then consulting with Cerebralite will cause a dead-end.

Edit: also getting the text after date with blaire will keep the notification beside phone.
I'm pretty sure consulting with Cerebralite after finishing any of the dream sequences causes a dead-end.
Thanks for these, I'm currently doing a code overhaul so it should get rid of some of these issues (I just caught the phone one myself this afternoon). I think I know what the issues with consulting is (the dreams don't establish where you are so it cant redirect you anywhere after). This next update should go up soonish, it would have been sooner, but a certain author released his book in 5 years and I've been reading. Hopefully I am catching most of the bugs this go through.

DragonRB

Jun 1, 2017
Is it just me, or is the rate for winning at poker abysmally low? Looking at the math, at 10 Stealth and 10 Telepathy you'd have just shy of a 17% win rate with "Play it safe":
Code:
(10+10)*(1/120)*100
    -> 20*0.0083*100 = 16.6
That seems really low to me.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier; I searched the thread but I could also just suck at boards.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Is it just me, or is the rate for winning at poker abysmally low? Looking at the math, at 10 Stealth and 10 Telepathy you'd have just shy of a 17% win rate with "Play it safe":
Code:
(10+10)*(1/120)*100
    -> 20*0.0083*100 = 16.6
That seems really low to me.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier; I searched the thread but I could also just suck at boards.
Its been mentioned somewhere, either here or on one of the other boards. Ive tweaked the chances and the rewards. So for the next release it will be better chances, higher rewards, and smaller losses. I am also adding an option to just cheat explicitly, guaranteed win for a higher suspicion boost.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Bug in day 12 when clicking on Kiara: $kiara.appDiner
Kiara at the mall: $kiara.appSchool
Similar errors appear when MC observes Blaire in the mall and school: $blaire.appShop $blaire.appUni

Kiara doesn't have a Connection section. How do we know how curious she is?

The VP gives infinite school keys. The costumes give infinite Football Costume.

Bug while exiting Cavaleri preventing MC from going anywhere:
A good looking hostess stands behind a marble stand, speaking with the occasional guest and leading them to their table. The restaurant is full, several well-dressed people sit at a bar to one side, waiting for their appointed table to open.

Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>><</if>>

Error: child tag <</nobr>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<nobr>><</nobr>>

The date with Blaire in the hotel has some text color oddities. You forgot to add @@ at the end of "The part where you fuck me". Also, in the same scene, the game doesn't seem to check for $player.bprefL variable having the sentence end without triggering what actually happens. Looking at the code, there is only if statements for options 2 and 3, but not for 1. Another @@ was missed at the end of " I saved that for yooouuuummmmmmm♥".

Random observation event bug: there is an unnecessary @@ after "maybe one of you two&quot;" Also, in the same event there is an unnecessary &lt;/span&gt; after "small loss scenario."

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Next Update, Took much longer than I expected but I got carried away. Someone pointed out some grammar errors and I wound up rereading everything and finding a lot more. Also, redid a bunch of the code to make things easier to expand.

I am still looking at ways to change the colors in some dynamic way via buttons but I have not been able to work out some way of doing it easily. I know they bother some people but I am looking into it.

Full changes are below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After a round of bug killing (which I hope is short) I will be working on Blaire level 2 (including some ways for her to help train your skills), some random Park events, and a gift system. I plan on using the gifts to a) boost stats, b) as part of some of the story, and possibly c) add in more scenes for each woman.

Reactions: dcontrol

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I'm at the point where I have to decide whether to take Blaire down the "dedicated" path or the "friends with benefits" path, and I'm not clear on what exactly each one does. Am I allowed to have more than one "dedicated" girlfriend? Is FWB the only way to have her in a threesome with the other girls, or is it just that it allows for scenes where she's "slutting it up", so to speak? Basically, I want to pick the path that's the closest to having a harem of devoted lovers, but I'm not sure which option is closer to or farther from that.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I was enjoying this at the start but I think the sandboxy bit needs quite an overhaul.

So the first week or 2 when you're getting tutored by the super villian was really interesting, I was enjoying the story and learning about how it all works.

Dived into the girl-next-door's dream, got to a part where I need woodworking skills to make a ladder - no problem. Help out a dude and get 1/4 woodworking - again no worries. This was the first minor ballache - then having to wait a week to get another 2 points in it, then another week to get the 4th ... with the only real interesting things happening during that time being prism dropping in.
But now I can't even enter her dream again as she doesn't seem to nap in her garden any more, I literally napped through a whole week to make sure I didn't miss the time-slot for it in my room (which again is a problem with the system)... so yeah that's kinda arse... I dunno if I screwed myself by building the thing that alters them as I sleep rather than the one that can make them sleep, I'd presume not..

The other ones you're already friends with often you can go in their house and there's nothing to do. If you watch TV with them it doesn't raise the stats. Only if you manage to catch those times when Kiara will play games with you (Saturdays I think) can you raise her curiosity (so I guess another thing you've gotta waste a week to do at the weekends)... anytime the other one is the garden or doing chores you're out of luck ... any weekday it goes from nothing in the evening to nothing at night... like what's the point of indicating they're there with the cars and lights if it's ultimately pointless 95% of the time.

Getting back to the cheerleader one then she doesn't get hornier from me watching her jog (I think since I got both of her stats over 20), just a bit more friendly if I catch her at the club, I can't remember if the mall does anything at this point, I think not.

So... I think rather than just knowing where someone is at a given time then it should map out their whole schedule in the index (eg you can mindread where they intend to be) ... especially as you've disabled the back button for some reason and as it takes time to travel then you can miss someone or the day will end when you try to get to where they are unless you bother to try to map out their schedule in advance yourself (and advancing time by one unit, then clicking index, then their name for a whole week is a ballache), or just save multiple times a day to be able to load up one early enough to get around.

So yeah ... the writing was great ... I didn't mind raising my stats through scanning around in different locations or learning skills from people ... but as it stands the way the sandboxy bit is don't undid all the fun I had.

Last edited:

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
Travel using the car service in your phone doesn't take time. You can catch Blaire asleep in class some days, I don't know the exact circumstances.

The sexual content is extremely back-loaded, and I'm pretty sure I skipped at least one scene I can't go back and see at all. The navigation and game elements feel dated, but I'm not sure how much that hurts it. Still formulating a cohesive opinion on this one.

Reactions: longjohngold
4.70 star(s) 40 Votes