HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes
Aug 16, 2018
I'm having trouble with a lot of html games these days: when I try to open it in my browser (Chrome), it opens a lot of windows with pieces of the path getting an open browser window. So for instance:

file:///C:/Games/Accidental

http://%28v1.4alpha%29/

The game does not open and in each browser window I get a message of:
"This site can’t be reached
mind’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

Any idea what's going on here? I think I saw someone on another game thread have a similar issue, but he/she seemed to have fixed it without telling us how he/she did so.

Fondness

Jul 11, 2017
Awesome story, love your writing. Took me some hours of playing before I found a typo (if there were any others I haven't noticed lol)

It's a dialog with Sam when you consult him. Just a where/wear thing, super minor I wouldn't bother pointing out in other games here but I appreciate your writing that I think you'd want to fix it haha:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Can someone tell me how to get past the flooded room in Kiara's mindscape?
Minor Spoiler - Check the fountain room carefully
Major spoiler

Awesome story, love your writing. Took me some hours of playing before I found a typo (if there were any others I haven't noticed lol)

It's a dialog with Sam when you consult him. Just a where/wear thing, super minor I wouldn't bother pointing out in other games here but I appreciate your writing that I think you'd want to fix it haha:

Fixed, Thanks for the heads up. I'm pleased it took you that long to find one (or two). It takes me forever to proofread (like twice as long as writing and coding) and I know I miss things sometimes.

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
very good story. A few spelling mistakes:
Last page of first dream, near the bottom of the page:
'Basically, your're going to be a near perfect sex partner.'
and a bit further:
'Just as the darkness reaches the both of you, Cerebralite gives smiles weakly and gives you a thumbs up.'

First Prism reapearance (i.e. after a long while):
'Being guarded and aloof from others comes with the job.'

Dead end reached, when working on Kiara's barrier.

In Blaire dream where 'the stash' (her secrets) are found '[...] to the point where Blaire may not even known them.'

After following prism:
'I can get Kiara to whereear it'

Last edited:

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
A very nice update overall.

I did however encounter my first bug of 1.4 just now.

Saturday Morning in the Mall with Kiara. When I click on "Sit at the Table" I get a blank screen. See screenshot

My stats are at
Connection Strength: 2
Trust: 33
Curiosity: 31

Hope this helps

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
A very nice update overall.

I did however encounter my first bug of 1.4 just now.

Saturday Morning in the Mall with Kiara. When I click on "Sit at the Table" I get a blank screen. See screenshot

My stats are at
Connection Strength: 2
Trust: 33
Curiosity: 31

Hope this helps
Thanks! I think I know what's up and hopefully rectified the problem. Did you change the sidekick/partner variable by any chance?

Last edited:

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
I didnt mess around with variables at all outside of money. But since I encountered the error in the Walsh living room again I looked at the code.

It seems that the game doesnt recognizes my 1.3 save as having "$kiara.superState is 0". Dont ask me why *shrugs*
I suppose starting over again isnt that big a deal at this point.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Seems okay so far could definitely use a dark mode UI option so it doesn't burn my retnas
You can adjust the colors in the setting menu. I don't have a set dark mode but I will definitely add it in for a future release

I didnt mess around with variables at all outside of money. But since I encountered the error in the Walsh living room again I looked at the code.

It seems that the game doesnt recognizes my 1.3 save as having "$kiara.superState is 0". Dont ask me why *shrugs*
I suppose starting over again isnt that big a deal at this point.
Thats worrying, hopefully it was just a fluke and not something systemic. You can try altering it via console command and hopefullt that would work.

Heads up editors, the MEDIAFIRE download link seems wrong, it's a random PDF
Thanks for the heads up, its fixed. Not going to lie, my heart stopped when I read this. I was thinking "what the fuck did I post by accident?"

Reactions: choontz

m0us

Dec 28, 2016
I was just thinking, "man it's been a long fucking time since I played this." Looking forward to leaving another long ass review.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Minor typo:

ExelDrive app to summon an autocab ...
ExcelDrive was created ...

One of these two spellings is wrong, but I couldn't tell you which one.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
I encountered a couple of bugs/inconsistencies playing through from the beginning after skipping the intro, but not the first week.
The big one is the message " >>>*DING* $0 has been transfered to your account from User%Kwalsh. " popping up every morning in my room. This happened even after making Kiara my partner and completing the test relay installation. (I have no idea if the income should have changed at that point, although it did mention gaining a passive income on that route.) I also couldn't manage to find any of the installations past the test one. Also, Sam's information about knowledge transfer still suggests it takes 8 time units, where I'm pretty sure they have all been reduced to 4 now.

I don't think I have seen half of the new content yet, but I have continued to enjoy the writing for this update. The new Kiara scenes (mental block revamp and stuff on the partner route) have all been enjoyable to me, and I really look forward to her losing more of her inhibitions.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Minor typo:

ExelDrive app to summon an autocab ...
ExcelDrive was created ...

One of these two spellings is wrong, but I couldn't tell you which one.
Ah, it should be Excel, fixed that in all cases (it was wrong in a few places)

I encountered a couple of bugs/inconsistencies playing through from the beginning after skipping the intro, but not the first week.
The big one is the message " >>>*DING* $0 has been transfered to your account from User%Kwalsh. " popping up every morning in my room. This happened even after making Kiara my partner and completing the test relay installation. (I have no idea if the income should have changed at that point, although it did mention gaining a passive income on that route.) I also couldn't manage to find any of the installations past the test one. Also, Sam's information about knowledge transfer still suggests it takes 8 time units, where I'm pretty sure they have all been reduced to 4 now.

I don't think I have seen half of the new content yet, but I have continued to enjoy the writing for this update. The new Kiara scenes (mental block revamp and stuff on the partner route) have all been enjoyable to me, and I really look forward to her losing more of her inhibitions.

Ah, the message should only pop up when your actually getting passive income, I had it set up to pop up if your earning it and if your not (One letter difference, smh).

For the installations, apparently I did not add those variables to the story initialization passage. I will post a bug fix soon that will initialize them when you load the save. (If you don't want to wait, the variables are $superStuff.rDiner and $superStuff.rMain and should be set to 0)

I will fix the 8 unit thing, completely forgot to fix that when I changed the times

Last edited:

popoahoy

Oct 13, 2016
Love the game so far, noticed a couple of spelling errors, but otherwise very impressive storywise.

I do have an issue with Lianne though. I'm stuck on "Do nothing for now but spend time with Kiara and Liane, the opportunity will pop up (must be Kiara level 2 and hang out 4 or more times)." I've hung out about 20 times and I have Kiara on Connection 3 but still haven't been able to get a connection with Lianne. Where is the first event supposed to take place?

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Thats worrying, hopefully it was just a fluke and not something systemic. You can try altering it via console command and hopefullt that would work.
What was the correct console command again? Manipulating Twine per console is not my strong suit.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Love the game so far, noticed a couple of spelling errors, but otherwise very impressive storywise.

I do have an issue with Lianne though. I'm stuck on "Do nothing for now but spend time with Kiara and Liane, the opportunity will pop up (must be Kiara level 2 and hang out 4 or more times)." I've hung out about 20 times and I have Kiara on Connection 3 but still haven't been able to get a connection with Lianne. Where is the first event supposed to take place?
Shite, Forgot to change that in the lounge. The Liane content was very minimal, only a passage or two, so I removed it until I could add a sizable chunk. Sorry about that.

What was the correct console command again? Manipulating Twine per console is not my strong suit.
To set it to its baseline, SugarCube.State.variables.kiara.superState = 0

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes