Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Is there a difference between the cheats version in this thread and the elite version posted on patreon for $20 supporters?

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Sounds like this is actually becoming a game rather than a framework simulator. Could be interesting in another 6 months.

Unreal Bober

Nov 16, 2018
Nahh i Even cant call them lazy because they do a lot of work but this work is waste of potential) To much water and no Meat in BORSH! WHAT THE FUCK THEY DO VEGAN BORSH! FCKING PERVERTS.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
This game's for you if you're the kind of gamer that loves character creation, but not actually playing the game. Very little playable content.

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Should be interesting to see the next update then. Whether or not the writing and gameplay can take advantage of the 20 to 30 years of development on the framework, will be a crucial test. It could go well, but it could show that lots of time was wasted on parts that won't or can't be used now that the actual content is finally being started. It could also show in a month or two that he needs to add or change parts to fit with content as unanticipated things come up.

Either way, I look forward to finally moving on past just being a fancy character creator and into some gameplay.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I need to give credits to the author for attempting to create something original instead of the usual RPGM/DAZ quickie. In theory, it's a technical behemoth of a simulation game, bigger than "Cursed" + "ETO" + "Girl Life" + "The Sims" reunited. Most everything can be found in there, it's "real life in a video game".

Unfortunately, I think that the average player (like me) will just feel overwhelmed (and quickly bored) by all the routines and generic-ness. Pray tell what the need is to have 5 different fast-food brands in game, setting up a leg-shaving frequency with daily precision, or hundreds of different styles of panties, for example ? I mean, come on... and I could probably go on for pages.

Yet, during character creation, we are told that some options are for "role-playing purposes" only. When my character tries to chat with a neighbour, it doesn't go further than "Hello. I'm busy. Goodbye". A lot of, if not most of the gameplay stuff remains "not implemented", and there are only two people on the developer team.

I'm not going to question all the work that has been done (and that the authors seem to keep doing), but wouldn't it be saner to *seriously* downgrade the game to a more manageable and probably more-enjoyable-to-most size ? As it stands, the game doesn't even properly run on Firefox, and I don't see it nearing closure before decades, if ever.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Unfortunately, I think that the average player (like me)
Maybe you should look for a different game then?
Maybe this one game simply isn't for the average gamer?
Maybe ThaumX doesn't make a game for an average gamer, but the game he want's to make?
It's actually quite simple. If you don't like it, don't play it. ;)

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Where did I say that I didn't like the game ? I just watch the game tanking, which it has been for a while. Now we learn that the author has health issues, so I'll leave it to everyone to draw their own conclusions.

I'm just suggesting that the scope of the game might be a wee bit too ambitious for a team of two developers. I know that I'm not the first to do so, and won't be the last.

Knowing that the author is internet savvy and probably reads these forums as well as others, I had hoped that such repeated feedback could also contribute to his reflection, for the sake of everyone that is genuinely interested in playing more of and fully enjoying such a style of games, like me.

Reactions: jmueller

Unreal Bober

Nov 16, 2018
Maybe ThaumX doesn't make a game for an average gamer, but the game he want's to make?
You never become a creator.
the dev's never say it! As a chef will never say this food is not for you. Do not eat it.
The chef will always try to make a great dish that will satisfy even the most refined tastes just like any developer who respects his creation.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
the dev's never say it! As a chef will never say this food is not for you. Do not eat it.
The chef will always try to make a great dish that will satisfy even the most refined tastes just like any developer who respects his creation.
My short time on the internet has taught me that whenever you see someone(usually a fanboy) try and deflect criticism with "don't like it, don't do x" just let's you know they don't have an argument or anything substantial to say. So it's best to just ignore them.:sneaky:

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
To late for that, I did my fair share of creating mods, working in modding teams etc. For most of my stuff I never asked for credit, and shared it freely.

See the credits in the middle of the description

See the credits at the bottom of the page

Just to list a few.

And do you know why I did that? not to please anyone, but because it was fun to do.

And the first thing I learned, was never to give a shit about what the users have to say, because once you start to listen to everything the users have to say, you can't ever stop until you burned yourself out.
Listen to the things you like, but in the end just do what you want to do. Either people like it or they don't, it doesn't really matter, as long as you do the things you like.

Unreal Bober

Nov 16, 2018
To late for that, I did my fair share of creating mods, working in modding teams etc. For most of my stuff I never asked for credit, and shared it freely.

See the credits in the middle of the description

See the credits at the bottom of the page

Just to list a few.

And do you know why I did that? not to please anyone, but because it was fun to do.

And the first thing I learned, was never to give a shit about what the users have to say, because once you start to listen to everything the users have to say, you can't ever stop until you burned yourself out.
Listen to the things you like, but in the end just do what you want to do. Either people like it or they don't, it doesn't really matter, as long as you do the things you like.
It's really cool but you completly miss the point and dont understand. And as you say you do it for your self so of course you dont care if someone like or not. So now try and sell it. And you understand that you are wrong.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
It's really cool but you completly miss the point and dont understand. And as you say you do it for your self so of course you dont care if someone like or not. So now try and sell it. And you understand that you are wrong.
Nope it really is the same, because if you just do it because the users wants it, but your heart isn't behind it your product is shit.
There are more than enough examples for that.
While the things that people put their heart into and do the thing because they wanted to do it, pretty much always gain their own status.
Because the user feels the difference between both in the finished product.

Edit: The only real difference was, that I didn't even need to try to make the users feel good. The best way if you want to sell a product is to make the user feel special while still doing your own thing.

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
Pretty sure there's an old saying about how trying to please everyone ends up pleasing nobody. There's a reason game developers appeal to niches, and it's because everybody likes different things. There's not a ton of overlap between people playing FIFA and people playing Dwarf Fortress, so trying to appeal to both markets would be counter-productive. You'd just end up pushing both away and appealing to nobody.

I like cake, but I don't like spaghetti. If you put spaghetti in my cake in a desperate attempt to make the cake appeal to spaghetti fans, I'd be upset and wouldn't want the cake anymore.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
That's a bit overly dismissive. His feedback was constructive and I think rather useful to the devs. Developing something in a vacuum without feedback never leads to a good product.

@ThisIsMe88 The devs clearly admit that this is a very early build of the game, and not much more than a demo. They focussed on the framework first before adding any story or things to do. You've gotta have a great foundation early in a projects life to avoid major refactors closer to release. The work they have already done is amazingly better than any other game of it's type I've tried before. The UI is one of the most functional and detailed setups I've ever used. Every other dev in the erotic games field could take some lessons from how this game is built, even if they don't need the depth this game offers. Plus some of your complaints, like having too many choices of clothes, are things that other players definitely want a lot of.

Mainly the problems with the game all boils down to the how game is still extremely early. They have just started the process of adding the "gameplay" portion of the game. I'd wager after the next update or 2 we'll have a much better idea of where the game is going and if it's been worth waiting for. That said if the current work and writing are any indication I think they are gonna do a really good job.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
That's a bit overly dismissive. His feedback was constructive and I think rather useful to the devs. Developing something in a vacuum without feedback never leads to a good product.
Sorry, if it sounded that way, it wasn't really meant dismissive. I just wanted to convey, that he might not be developing a game for the average user, and if he want's to do that I see nothing wrong with that.
Not every game has to be for the average user. It would be quite boring that way.

2.20 star(s) 57 Votes