Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I really had high hopes for this version of the game, that supposedly was finally opening up interactions with NPCs. Alas, that doesn't seem to have happened. In my games the PC can have only the most rudimentary interactions with NPCs upon meeting them, and then text them with a message that just says "well...." None of the NPCs remember that they have previously met the PC. The only sex act that impacts horniness is masturbation, and the PC "dies" of stress after about a week unless I cheat to reduce stress (apparently, nothing else does so). As noted above, every area had parser errors (which they didn't have in 0.20). 0.21 seems to have broken what already existed and then just added more broken content to it. I'm sure that this can all be fixed fairly quickly, but it is disappointing to see a release that was so buggy, after a number of releases that steadily and successfully added things.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well with the actual content supposed to be coming with the next version, we'll see how much a lot of the systems work together. As many have pointed out, a lot of them seem broken. Not broken in a "there's no content to see here way", but the actual functionality, saving/loading, stats seemingly unaffected, and other general wonkiness. Another issue with just creating subsystems yet never, or only very lightly, using them together until the end. I imagine at least the first couple updates are going to be a lot of bug fixing and reworking stuff as the content is added, because even now with just minimal basic interaction a lot of it isn't doing what it's supposed to.

That being said, I think everyone that has some interest in the game, will be best served to wait until at least the next update to pass judgment, as that is when the focus is now supposed to be content.

Reactions: GTK/HLK

Star_glider

Jun 14, 2018
It'll be when the content is added that the majority of bugs will show their ugly faces. The ones we can see now are only the tip of the iceberg. After the next update, I fully expect the dev team will have to shift to bughunting when they publish the first content update and nothing seems to work right. Zapping the first round of bugs in the second update will uncover a second set of bugs, and that means I'm expecting the first update with playable content to be 3 releases from now.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm a software engineer; I know how the process goes. What they've managed to do so far is very nice, but we'll need a little more patience before we have something fantastic.

Nessy

Sep 29, 2017
Does this game have some actual content yet or is it still the same as last year?

LEET

May 29, 2017
Who did the portrait images for the PC? And does anyone know where the fertility sealed image came from? Sort of hard to track down the source.

Anyone know why dates get cancelled the day off?

LEET

May 29, 2017
Sorry, if it sounded that way, it wasn't really meant dismissive. I just wanted to convey, that he might not be developing a game for the average user, and if he want's to do that I see nothing wrong with that.
Not every game has to be for the average user. It would be quite boring that way.
Really depends. All individuals deserve to be criticized. Creative works need to be criticized to allow creators to understand. Even chefs want feedback. Constant asskissing is just blowing smoke up your ass. My criticism has been taken negatively by several creators as not understanding their vision or being short sighted by the likes of SplendidOstrich and his ilk. Hell, telling Randy Pitchford to stfu and get off twitter will get you shit. And we all know Randy Pitchford needs to tone it down a bit.
Also, I highly doubt we'll get a 5 star restaurants. Most sex games tend to be a 2/5 if people actually rated them properly.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Really depends. All individuals deserve to be criticized. Creative works need to be criticized to allow creators to understand. Even chefs want feedback. Constant asskissing is just blowing smoke up your ass. My criticism has been taken negatively by several creators as not understanding their vision or being short sighted by the likes of SplendidOstrich and his ilk. Hell, telling Randy Pitchford to stfu and get off twitter will get you shit. And we all know Randy Pitchford needs to tone it down a bit.
Also, I highly doubt we'll get a 5 star restaurants. Most sex games tend to be a 2/5 if people actually rated them properly.
See, there's a way to deliver criticisms without coming off as a jerk or troll. You originally skirted that line. Telling people to "stfu and get off twitter" or saying most "sex games tend to be a 2/5 if people actually rated them properly" is crossing the line though. You don't have to be insulting to let people know they've done something you think is wrong or could be done better. If you want people to not write your feedback off, don't be a jerk.

LEET

May 29, 2017
See, there's a way to deliver criticisms without coming off as a jerk or troll. You originally skirted that line. Telling people to "stfu and get off twitter" or saying most "sex games tend to be a 2/5 if people actually rated them properly" is crossing the line though. You don't have to be insulting to let people know they've done something you think is wrong or could be done better. If you want people to not write your feedback off, don't be a jerk.
I have based on my previous comments, but that rarely changes anything. It seems like harsh words bordering on insults seem to affect people the most.
Anyways, if you don't really know the situation, Randy Pitchford is kicking up a storm whining about why people hate the fact that Borderland 3 is Epic exclusive. When people try to talk without insults they just ignore and sidestep criticism. When people started to get angry, he reacted and basically said that players are evil and therefore reviews are a bad idea. My comment was basically telling him to avoid causing anymore damage as staying silent was in the best interest of their publisher.

As for the 2/5 comment, it was meant to refer to how much asskissing that happens when a game is being made. All the time you see patron supporters kiss ass for a game that by all means is rather terrible, but sort of decent by indie standards. The issue? Instead of rating it properly or discussing what can be fixed, they just criticize or tell off individuals who don't believe in the creator.

Sorry if I had come off as a jerk. I added those parts in order to get the point across that nothing will ever change as everyone is very busy blowing smoke up their asses. Should I tone it down? Maybe.

Again, I am sorry if I had offended you or anyone else.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
I have based on my previous comments, but that rarely changes anything. It seems like harsh words bordering on insults seem to affect people the most.
Anyways, if you don't really know the situation, Randy Pitchford is kicking up a storm whining about why people hate the fact that Borderland 3 is Epic exclusive. When people try to talk without insults they just ignore and sidestep criticism. When people started to get angry, he reacted and basically said that players are evil and therefore reviews are a bad idea. My comment was basically telling him to avoid causing anymore damage as staying silent was in the best interest of their publisher.

As for the 2/5 comment, it was meant to refer to how much asskissing that happens when a game is being made. All the time you see patron supporters kiss ass for a game that by all means is rather terrible, but sort of decent by indie standards. The issue? Instead of rating it properly or discussing what can be fixed, they just criticize or tell off individuals who don't believe in the creator.

Sorry if I had come off as a jerk. I added those parts in order to get the point across that nothing will ever change as everyone is very busy blowing smoke up their asses. Should I tone it down? Maybe.

Again, I am sorry if I had offended you or anyone else.
I'm not offended, just stating my views really. As the old saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."

You may not always get a response when being polite, but a poorly worded comment that attacks someone is always going to get blown off. When you do get responded to, the mean comment is more likely to make someone double down on their beliefs and not even consider what you have to say. Criticism is good, but how you say it is just as important as what you have to say.

Reactions: GandiIV

LEET

May 29, 2017
I'm not offended, just stating my views really. As the old saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."

You may not always get a response when being polite, but a poorly worded comment that attacks someone is always going to get blown off. When you do get responded to, the mean comment is more likely to make someone double down on their beliefs and not even consider what you have to say. Criticism is good, but how you say it is just as important as what you have to say.
I will take that into consideration. It seems I may be angry at how much ground we have ceded. It might be in my best interest to let it run its course regardless of the outcome. No point in ceding the high ground when creators and fans refuse to listen.

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018

has both resource files and game file
just a question wich version is that?? i searched on his patreon and blog and theres notbhing talking about the v0.22.0

2.20 star(s) 57 Votes