BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
( I guess it should actually be #19 but whatev)

Aight, we got a lot to go through, so no funny preamble.

First: those of you on Discord already know this, but I got a new rig. photo_2024-07-25_12-07-34.jpg
A big unit with a Ryzen 5 4500, 32 GB or RAM and an RTX 3060 with 12 GB of VRAM. This thing is a rendering beast, pumping out renders in a handful of minutes. And it was only possible thanks to you people!
I can't stress enough how much of a boon this new rig is. In the first day of having it operational I've been able to yeet out 66 renders, when normally I could only do between 20 and 30.
Not only is it faster at rendering, but it also lets me more reliably check the preview without wasting ages, leading to better posed renders with less mistakes and more "interesting" lighting.
So, thank you again! This is a small dream that came true all thanks to you lovely people!

Second: Release dates.
c5s7r19_ISpeed Lights Light Camera.jpg

I've been speaking with Luna, my right hand woman, and we penciled down a possible release schedule. This is a bit of an awkward month, with both of us going on vacation at different times, so we'll try our best.
Our goal is to release in the weekend of the 10th-11th of August. In order to do so I'll need to have everything wrapped up and coded by the 9th and she'll have to do her magic as soon as she gets back home. It's not impossible, it's the best case scenario, but it'll be tight. So stay tuned, hopefully next week I'll be able to confirm or deny the previous statement.

Third: Jessica
c5s1f39_ISpeed Lights Light Camera.jpg
I had to do a bit of a rewrite and change my plans for the blondie for this chapter.
She's the character me and Luna went back and forth the most as to when it felt right to "pull the trigger" and have her sex scene with MC.
We really wanted to approach the topic of "straight girl turns gay" without falling into the pitfalls of making her turn too quickly or making it feel cheap.
I'm aware that one of the "recurring" criticism about the game is that the girls jump into bed "too quickly", but it's one that I generally disregard because it is so by design. But Jess is different.
I've slowly sowing the seeds of her romance throughout the game and Chapter 5 was supposed to be the one where it happened, but it didn't feel right.

c5s7r15_ISpeed Lights Light Camera.jpg

Without spoiling too much, her "date" ended with her quite inhebriated and it really felt shitty to have her first time with her being tipsy taking a spur-of-the-moment decision to jump in MC's arms. I went through various rewrites until finally I landed on a version that I liked. You'll get a "compensation" sex scene with another character, but Jess will have to wait until Chapter 6.

c5s8a3_Camera.jpg

Also there's the fact that SOMEONE ELSE wink wink nudge nudge gets their first sex scene and having both happen in the same chapter felt weird pacing-wise. Also I'm at 900 renders right now and still got a shitton to do (and by shitton I mean 2 scenes and a half).

Oh yeah, we are breaking the 1000 renders for this chapter. Hurray?
I'll see you next week!

------------------------------------------------------

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
( I guess it should actually be #19 but whatev)

Aight, we got a lot to go through, so no funny preamble.

First: those of you on Discord already know this, but I got a new rig. View attachment 3873478
A big unit with a Ryzen 5 4500, 32 GB or RAM and an RTX 3060 with 12 GB of VRAM. This thing is a rendering beast, pumping out renders in a handful of minutes. And it was only possible thanks to you people!
I can't stress enough how much of a boon this new rig is. In the first day of having it operational I've been able to yeet out 66 renders, when normally I could only do between 20 and 30.
Not only is it faster at rendering, but it also lets me more reliably check the preview without wasting ages, leading to better posed renders with less mistakes and more "interesting" lighting.
So, thank you again! This is a small dream that came true all thanks to you lovely people!

Second: Release dates.
View attachment 3873493

I've been speaking with Luna, my right hand woman, and we penciled down a possible release schedule. This is a bit of an awkward month, with both of us going on vacation at different times, so we'll try our best.
Our goal is to release in the weekend of the 10th-11th of August. In order to do so I'll need to have everything wrapped up and coded by the 9th and she'll have to do her magic as soon as she gets back home. It's not impossible, it's the best case scenario, but it'll be tight. So stay tuned, hopefully next week I'll be able to confirm or deny the previous statement.

Third: Jessica
View attachment 3873484
I had to do a bit of a rewrite and change my plans for the blondie for this chapter.
She's the character me and Luna went back and forth the most as to when it felt right to "pull the trigger" and have her sex scene with MC.
We really wanted to approach the topic of "straight girl turns gay" without falling into the pitfalls of making her turn too quickly or making it feel cheap.
I'm aware that one of the "recurring" criticism about the game is that the girls jump into bed "too quickly", but it's one that I generally disregard because it is so by design. But Jess is different.
I've slowly sowing the seeds of her romance throughout the game and Chapter 5 was supposed to be the one where it happened, but it didn't feel right.

View attachment 3873485

Without spoiling too much, her "date" ended with her quite inhebriated and it really felt shitty to have her first time with her being tipsy taking a spur-of-the-moment decision to jump in MC's arms. I went through various rewrites until finally I landed on a version that I liked. You'll get a "compensation" sex scene with another character, but Jess will have to wait until Chapter 6.

View attachment 3873486

Also there's the fact that SOMEONE ELSE wink wink nudge nudge gets their first sex scene and having both happen in the same chapter felt weird pacing-wise. Also I'm at 900 renders right now and still got a shitton to do (and by shitton I mean 2 scenes and a half).

Oh yeah, we are breaking the 1000 renders for this chapter. Hurray?
I'll see you next week!

------------------------------------------------------
First HanakoXVN TAKE YOUR VACATIONS!
:)

Second, I totally agreed about Jessica.
She must be a slow burn. Anything else will feel rushed.
If a sex scene with her will only happened in an epilogue, I will be OK with it.
Anyway, it's not like if we don't already have lewd actions with an half dozen girls now.
So anyone who want just sex should already be happy.
Let Jessica be the career pinnacle of our sapphic goth Casanova :)

Reactions: ChronoNono

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Have to admit, I also agree with having Jessica on the slow burn.

It's not like we're starved for scenes and there is a certain ex rival turned friend i'm hoping to see in a scene first.

As for people saying sex happens too fast, there is a running theme in lesbian relationships that we tend to move quickly.

MalkavianVamp

Feb 22, 2023
Loved the game cant wait for more ,loved the li characters,mc ,story and direction it's going hope from more from you Hanako, cheers and good luck dev ........

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

On the last day of July I finished the rendering process, thanks to the new PC throwing out 300 renders like it was nothing. I took a bit of a day off yesterday (had some plumbing to do and a couple other house works to take care of) and today I started coding.
Immagine 2024-08-02 214551.jpg
I've already put in the hardest bit to code, the classic "multiple choices that disappear after being chosen" with a bit of "conditional choices depending on the path you're on", and it worked first try, so I've peaked as a dev and will retire soon.
I'm taking things easy 'cause no matter what I need to wait for Luna to return from her vacation on the 7th to send her the full script and then wait for her to fix it.
I'm testing things as I code, instead of testing everything all at once at the end like I usually do, taking my time picking the music, adjusting small rendering mistakes, etc...

c5s9r17_ISpeed Lights Light Camera.jpg

Right now the plan is still to release the new chapter either on the 10th or the 11th, but I'll let you know in case there's a delay.

c5s7rb155_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg

Since everything content-wise is already set in stone, I'll give you a bit of an overview on what you can expect for this chapter. WHAT FOLLOWS IS HEAVY SPOILERS! IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW ANYTHING, STOP READING! In fact, just to be sure, I'm gonna put another pic in before I start.

c5s4r23_Camera_i.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm very excited to finally get this chapter out. Not only because it means I can go on vacation for a couple of week, but also because there's a lot of work that went into it and some scenes I'm very excited about.

I'll see y'all next week, hopefully with a concrete release date schedule!

-----------------------------------------------

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
I'm curious whether it's necessary to choose between the two Japanese sisters by confronting Rikako or not, otherwise if it's merely a superficial choice for dramatic effect ? It appears that only one of the sisters shows interest in the main character, regardless of the decision made, at least at this point. Is this choice only there to make Rikako a possible antogonist, at least temporarily ?

Clearly, some will feel frustrated or disappointed at not being able to interact with the two sisters (in one playthrough). Moreover, it seems unreasonable to eliminate a feisty antagonist from a plot. Especially as Rikako's male replacement isn't entirely convincing as a villain, in my opinion, even if there's room for evolution. Nevertheless, both characters seem to be the type to get carried away a bit quickly over trivial things, which, at least for Rikako, has some (albeit slight) justification.
This choice seems somewhat dubious and superfluous to the plot. In future, however, it would be wise to incorporate more choices (real choices), and to favor decisions with a significant impact and tangible consequences on the evolution of the story.

But the question remains: will the two sisters end up joining the harem (including Rikako in her antagonistic path) ? :unsure:

I would advise the developer, given its improved PC configuration, to rework the game's rendering. Improvements should be made to the lighting, skin tones, modeling and body details of the characters, as well as to the animations, which are basic but currently serve their purpose (albeit rather infrequently). It will take practice and time to raise quality to a more professional level. In addition, excessive effort should be avoided, and frequent interjections and long monologues by the cat should be kept to a minimum. If the cat is used as a mascot or comic support, the humor must be carefully balanced to remain effective without becoming repetitive or boring. It would also be helpful to develop the personalities and histories of the protagonist's companions, as interactions and scenes with the main character's peers often seem rushed or incomplete.

Overall, the story and characters are enjoyable, if a little simple and cliched. The scenario isn't really credible or realistic, but it's easy to get carried away by the general atmosphere, the humor of the situations and the rather easy charm of the characters in the story. I would, however, suggest integrating the protagonist's companions more into the story's important situations, so that they take on significance and evolve as much as the protagonist, while strengthening the bonds that unite them. The game isn't bad, in any case, and I'm having a good time with it, even if it could do with some welcome changes to make it even more satisfying. I appreciate having a female and lesbian protagonist in a story that more or less holds its own in a game that's quite enjoyable all round, something that's all too rare elsewhere unfortunately.

Finally, I'd recommend adding more memorable musical tracks, or even songs, in a wider variety of styles, to enhance the overall atmosphere and accompany, if not better convey, the mood of the situations.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Bingoogus

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I would advise the developer, given its improved PC configuration, to rework the game's rendering. Improvements should be made to the lighting, skin tones, modeling and body details of the characters, as well as to the animations, which are basic but currently serve their purpose (albeit rather infrequently). It will take practice and time to raise quality to a more professional level. In addition, excessive effort should be avoided, and frequent interjections and long monologues by the cat should be kept to a minimum. If the cat is used as a mascot or comic support, the humor must be carefully balanced to remain effective without becoming repetitive or boring. It would also be helpful to develop the personalities and histories of the protagonist's companions, as interactions and scenes with the main character's peers often seem rushed or incomplete.

Overall, the story and characters are enjoyable, if a little simple and cliched. The scenario isn't really credible or realistic, but it's easy to get carried away by the general atmosphere, the humor of the situations and the rather easy charm of the characters in the story. I would, however, suggest integrating the protagonist's companions more into the story's important situations, so that they take on significance and evolve as much as the protagonist, while strengthening the bonds that unite them. The game isn't bad, in any case, and I'm having a good time with it, even if it could do with some welcome changes to make it even more satisfying. I appreciate having a female and lesbian protagonist in a story that more or less holds its own in a game that's quite enjoyable all round, something that's all too rare elsewhere unfortunately.

Finally, I'd recommend adding more memorable musical tracks, or even songs, in a wider variety of styles, to enhance the overall atmosphere and accompany, if not better convey, the mood of the situations.
ok, I'll address your points. First of all, fuck no on the rework. The renders are fine. Could they be better, yes. But many devs fall into to the rework loophole and it almost always ends up in the game being abandoned eventually. It's fine as it is, it's not the rendering quality the sold me on the game.
The cat stuff is funny as fuck, and it's not overused imo.
The music is fitting for the scenes, I like them, but probably could use a little more variety. That being said I know it's hard to get royalty-free stuff in adult games... we have more here than some actually big titles, so I'm ok with it.

Also just finished chapter 5, best one so far, every scene was great, can't wait for the next one :love:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm curious whether it's necessary to choose between the two Japanese sisters by confronting Rikako or not, otherwise if it's merely a superficial choice for dramatic effect ? It appears that only one of the sisters shows interest in the main character, regardless of the decision made, at least at this point. Is this choice only there to make Rikako a possible antogonist, at least temporarily ?

Clearly, some will feel frustrated or disappointed at not being able to interact with the two sisters (in one playthrough). Moreover, it seems unreasonable to eliminate a feisty antagonist from a plot. Especially as Rikako's male replacement isn't entirely convincing as a villain, in my opinion, even if there's room for evolution. Nevertheless, both characters seem to be the type to get carried away a bit quickly over trivial things, which, at least for Rikako, has some (albeit slight) justification.
This choice seems somewhat dubious and superfluous to the plot. In future, however, it would be wise to incorporate more choices (real choices), and to favor decisions with a significant impact and tangible consequences on the evolution of the story.

But the question remains: will the two sisters end up joining the harem (including Rikako in her antagonistic path) ? :unsure:

I would suggest not making sweeping suggestions to the dev ;)

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
I'd be more than happy if Hana didn't do any of that.

I love how things are going and it deff does NOT need a rework. In fact, that word needs banning full stop.
Completely agree.
You stated in another thread, that you have some games because of the humor and light-hearted approach (my own words), and this game is exactly one of those for me.
It doesn't need any rework, or changes on the most important character, Mister Fluffles the 69.
It needs more content, asap :cool:

Reactions: Folk_en

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The annoying thing about being a gamer is I spend a lot of money on games.

While people preach not to pre order I do it because my beloved has me on a budget which I accept, before she did that I spent a ridiculous amount on games. We aren't hurting for money but I have games in my collection i've not even played that I bought ages ago.

Why am I giving you my shitty budget planning story?

Well, after pre ordering Star Wars Outlaws, Space Marine 2, Black Myth Wukong and rebuying Fallout 4 on GoG just so I can play the Fallout London mod (which is both buggy as hell and incredibly awesome), she said "stop spending money bitch" .... well, not in those words but it felt like it in my heart.

Which also means i'd missed out on being able to throw down some money for this because halfwit wench here forgot it was coming out.

Now i'm sad and have to wait for it to get here like the filthy Pirate Harlot I am.

Moral of the story?

Stay single so you can't be held accountable for your terrible spending habits.

Joint311

Jul 13, 2022

While people preach not to pre order I do it because my beloved has me on a budget which I accept, before she did that I spent a ridiculous amount on games. We aren't hurting for money but I have games in my collection i've not even played that I bought ages ago.

Well, after pre ordering Star Wars Outlaws, Space Marine 2, Black Myth Wukong and rebuying Fallout 4 on GoG just so I can play the Fallout London mod (which is both buggy as hell and incredibly awesome), she said "stop spending money bitch" .... well, not in those words but it felt like it in my heart.

Which also means i'd missed out on being able to throw down some money for this because halfwit wench here forgot it was coming out.

Now i'm sad and have to wait for it to get here like the filthy Pirate Harlot I am.

Moral of the story?

i mean pre oder is fine unless you are pre ordering games that cost like 120$ from companies like ubisoft or ea... if you are doing that then yea you shold stop because they make shit games now

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i mean pre oder is fine unless you are pre ordering games that cost like 120$ from companies like ubisoft or ea... if you are doing that then yea you shold stop because they make shit games now
SW Outlaws cost me £94 for the pre order. I got the middle one because I rarely ever use the cosmetics that come with the expensive pack. I really want to stop buying from Ubisoft but I love open world games and even shit ones entertain me for a few weeks.

That and I still love AC Odyssey and keep hoping they will make another game that draws me in like that one did.

The Avatar game did with the gameplay and scenery but by fuck was the story boring.

Jan 9, 2023

Moral of the story?

Lmao, I feel that. You know she is a keeper when she cares about you more than you do yourself.

That and I still love AC Odyssey and keep hoping they will make another game that draws me in like that one did.
Yes! People can say what they will about Odyssey, but no other game lets you roam around ancient Greece as the demigoddess of chaos and lesbianism.

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yes! People can say what they will about Odyssey, but no other game lets you roam around ancient Greece as the demigoddess of chaos and lesbianism.
RIGHT......

Only downside was the husband at the start of one of the DLC which always put me off cos one of my lovers was crew on my ship.

Odyssey will always have a place in my heart...... the sharks can go fuck themselves though.

Joint311

Jul 13, 2022
SW Outlaws cost me £94 for the pre order. I got the middle one because I rarely ever use the cosmetics that come with the expensive pack. I really want to stop buying from Ubisoft but I love open world games and even shit ones entertain me for a few weeks.

The Avatar game did with the gameplay and scenery but by fuck was the story boring.
dude NEVER pre order the mess that is known as Ubisoft games.. they are always the same open world, full of micro transacions, full of bugs that won't be fixed for at least one month and they are over priced so when dealing with Ubisoft or EA it's better to always wait a few patches after the game launch to buy it and yea the Avatar game was just a Far Cry game with blue aliens... It had so much potencial and it was wasted. Also AC Odedyssey would be a better game if it wasn't part of the AC franchise

Reactions: Ssato243

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Moral of the story?

Shouldn't the moral be only pre-order things you are actually going to play? :unsure: :LOL:
Also go beg your wife for money to sub for HanakoXVN's patreon. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is a dumb take that for some reason people keep repeating over and over. The newest AC games are all best sellers and the same for Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor. Even if i am not a big AC franchise fan i can recognize that.

Reactions: damnedfrog
4.50 star(s) 19 Votes