4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I am the one that made the bugfix mod and it's been made "official" by Faldir/Beornwahl. Is there some other reason you don't want to use it?

I don't recall the exact problems in the original. It's been over a year and I made a lot of changes. I do remember (from checking my notes) that there were many instances where variable names had typos. For example:

Code:
BastetChildren
bastetCildren
NisseChildren
NisseCildren

The passages that deal with births are "High Births", "Low Births", and then the various races such as "fox", "mouse", etc.
The passages "High Preg" and "Low Preg" calculates whether or not impregnation occurs.
The passage "End Week" also deals with incrementing the various pregnancy tracking variables.

EDIT: I just remembered that all the girls were indexed into a single array. In order to pass information between various passages, a variable (I think it was $activeSlave) was used to keep track of the index of the current girl you're interacting with. However, I think in some cases $activeSlave got changed inadvertently which caused the wrong girl to be affected when the player did not switch interaction targets.

$HumanGrandchildren
Set SugarCube.State.variables.HumanGrandchildren = 0 in the browser console.
I remember those variable typos - I started the game with XxxxxCccccc, but the more I got into the coding, the more I favoured xxxxxCccccc, which in no way was a wise move...

The array for girls - activeSlave - goes beyond my own understanding. Original taken from Free Cities (even with the author's permission) was a code I didn't know well enough to work with in depth and bugs were thus left about.

So, in sum, if 1492's bugfix mod (which I use myself) can't fix the trouble - then I, the author, sure as heck can't either.

Reactions: Vaars and guest1492

ivo12345

Feb 11, 2020
Same problem as Briget here, none of the videos are loading, I've used both of the 3.1 html versions, bugfixed and the original.
I have noticed that with other gifs as well... Guess when we got free time we gotta make some mods to replace some of the old stuff :D

Vauvanel

Jan 5, 2021
Hey,
maybe you guys can help me.
I´m trying to change the pics of the monsters a litte bit. ( mostly because i hate censorship xD )
got new pics but many monsters have 30-40 different sets. i want to get the set number down to 10-15 per monster type.
i tried differt things, but they havent worked.

can someone help me to change this in the code/settings?

nikcha

Feb 26, 2019
Hey,
I´m trying to change the pics of the monsters a litte bit. ( mostly because i hate censorship xD )
got new pics but many monsters have 30-40 different sets. i want to get the set number down to 10-15 per monster type.

Not very sure how to code in the different set of images, but you can always double and rename set of images you already use. (Copy and rename images from Image1...3 to Image31..33) Since it is random choice of what image set would be used it would work in the same way as decreasing amount of sets , but will not allow you to make game lighter.

Reactions: azrazr

azrazr

Mar 19, 2021
Hey,

not sure if i understood it correctly.

as far as i know every "girl" has a number = 1-first manticore and hers scenes are "1sex" and "1sex1"

you need to give the files that name 1sex and 1sex1 so they can link to the girl "1" file . and so the others scenes for they girls ( the different numbers 2,3,4....) .

if you want to repeat just make a copy of the files and give them diferent numbers. same file = 1sex , 2sex , 3sex . this will be the first sex scene for the girls 1, 2 and 3.

* watch for the file extensions , do the same way as the original files ( just webm ? change the extensions of your gifs to webm to avoid errors) ( watch for spaces in the file names, name need to be exactly as original)

sorry for bad english not my native one . hope this helps

Vauvanel

Jan 5, 2021
not sure if i understood it correctly.

as far as i know every "girl" has a number = 1-first manticore and hers scenes are "1sex" and "1sex1"

you need to give the files that name 1sex and 1sex1 so they can link to the girl "1" file . and so the others scenes for they girls ( the different numbers 2,3,4....) .

if you want to repeat just make a copy of the files and give them diferent numbers. same file = 1sex , 2sex , 3sex . this will be the first sex scene for the girls 1, 2 and 3.

* watch for the file extensions , do the same way as the original files ( just webm ? change the extensions of your gifs to webm to avoid errors) ( watch for spaces in the file names, name need to be exactly as original)

sorry for bad english not my native one . hope this helps
thats probably the easiest way to do this.
i will try this.

Thank you very much nikcha and azrazr

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
It's a shame that this game isn't going to get a do over... epadder's version is just not the same imo. I'd very much like to see a graphics overhaul in terms of the visual content. It would be nice to see it all replaced with more 'immersive' content true to the theme being portrayed. Other than that I actually still think it's a pretty solid game.

So far... unless someone can point me in the right direction. I'm pretty sure this game is near unique if not unique in its concept and execution. Would be really nice to see some additional elements of population management/delegation and such. Maybe even looking at the survival element a little.

Edit:

Divine Conception, Sengoku NEET, Violated Heroine, Breeder's Haven, The Breeding Puzzle, Vitamin Quest, and of course Haramase Simulator.

Were listed as the author's influences so I'll be looking at them.

Reactions: nikcha and azrazr

Rockzilla

May 8, 2019
Hi everyone! So i am playing this game on my ohone by using joiplay but i can't manage to save my progress...the problem is coming from me or?

desastre7

Nov 25, 2021
I downloaded the game, but when I play it, I don't see any images only text.

How do I link the images, etc. to the gameplay?

ThatCoolDude

Nov 11, 2017
ok I guess I'll just keep exploring then. But it's really weird anyway because I already was searching A LOT and all the other building places exept these two were found in first 2-4 weeks in every location.
I have exactly the same problem; Tiamet and Emelie's quests are complete (variables are, respectively, quest:100 and quest:6) but several hundred rounds exploring the plains and jungles have not allowed me to find/build the dragon lair and pig sty (which further locks out Sita). I don't think it's just RNG if we both are missing the same set, perhaps some conditionally triggered bug.

Easy work around though, just pop open the console:
If you're well into a game, tweaking the variables might be the better idea.
Open your console (Firefox F12, Opera under "Developer tools", etc), and type SugarCube.State.active.variables
Now you can browse through
go to regions->Plains->outposts and change the status of outpost 0 (the 'Dragon Lair' or 'Ziggurat Temple') from '0' to '1' (for discoved) or '2' (for built). The 'Pig Sty'/'Gathering Post' is the same; it's outpost 0 of the Jungles

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
lolopolop ThatCoolDude
In light of your bug reports, I have gone back over the code I wrote and I think I understand what's going on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Faldir
While hunting for this bug I also discovered that I seem to have left 2 bugs in regards to the Plains region. When failing/refusing Sarai's quest, I accidentally wrote <<set $matriarchs.Sarai.quest is to -1>>. The "is" should not be in there.

Also, I forgot to limit Inanna's quest appearance in the exploration events. She's different from the other matriarchs because she moves to your camp before her quest is over and quest continuation is supposed to be from direct interaction instead of exploring.

There's also the bug pointed out by PaleContrast on page 201 of the thread.

Should I (or you) create a new patch?

EDIT: For the bugs mentioned above, directions if anyone wants to patch the game themselves:

The reviews mentioned an error being thrown because of a repeated loop running over 1000 times. This is the default setting for SugarCube, so this will happen if the player has over 1000 human & monster girls combined. The 1000 limit can be raised higher, but I'm uncertain if this is necessary.

The reviews also mentioned pregnant girls not being able to give birth. I haven't run into this bug, and I don't know if it's the same bug as above (since the loop gets cut, not all girls are processed so those unprocessed girls won't give birth). I also don't know if it might simply be an outdated version of the game.

I will release a patch after a couple full playthroughs to see if I can replicate it or find any more bugs.

Last edited:

ThatCoolDude

Nov 11, 2017
Makes sense for the matriarch bug; you're proposed code fix looks like it would have the potential to leave " $regions.Plains.done " permanently false if I'm understanding but I don't know if that would cause any problems.

I'd also run into the 1000 loop limit and was guessing it was baked into the programing environment but hadn't gone looking for it yet. I'll probably try and increase it and see how it goes 'cause it's bugging me to only be able to have ~30 monster children per outpost (with ~100 human and elven children) with outpost population limits at 45.

Also, if anyone knows, why is the giant population limit so low at 15? Every other outpost goes to 45. Are they too OP, too large, were there not enough variation in images or something? Or am I somehow failing to upgrade the outpost? Just curious.

Reactions: guest1492

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Makes sense for the matriarch bug; you're proposed code fix looks like it would have the potential to leave " $regions.Plains.done " permanently false if I'm understanding but I don't know if that would cause any problems.
The fix sets $regions.Plains.done = false whenever the player gets redirected to the broodmother's quest line. If the player doesn't get redirected, then the variable isn't changed and stays either true (if the broodmother's home sublocation is the last undiscovered sublocation) or false (there is more than 1 undiscovered sublocation).

I'd also run into the 1000 loop limit and was guessing it was baked into the programing environment but hadn't gone looking for it yet. I'll probably try and increase it and see how it goes 'cause it's bugging me to only be able to have ~30 monster children per outpost (with ~100 human and elven children) with outpost population limits at 45.
If you really want to change it, then add Config.macros.maxLoopIterations = 5000; (or whatever you want the max to be) to the JavaScript. I've already made some edits so I don't know the exact line number. You can do a search for Config.passages.nobr = true;.

Also, if anyone knows, why is the giant population limit so low at 15? Every other outpost goes to 45. Are they too OP, too large, were there not enough variation in images or something? Or am I somehow failing to upgrade the outpost? Just curious.
Looks like that's another bug I have to fix... Search for name="race home". In that passage, scroll down until you find &lt;hr&gt;&lt;center&gt;__Construction__&lt;/center&gt;.

Below that, you will find an if-elseif block of code. (The following is non-compiled so not from the html file and easier on the eyes.) You need to switch the order of execution from something like this:
Code:
<<if $raceData[$race].room lt 20 and $Wood gte 500>>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 20 and $Wood gte 1500 and $race is "giant">>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 30 and $Stone gte 500>>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 30 and $Stone gte 1500 and $race is "giant">>
to something like this:
Code:
<<if $raceData[$race].room lt 20 and $Wood gte 1500 and $race is "giant">>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 20 and $Wood gte 500>>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 30 and $Stone gte 1500 and $race is "giant">>
    /* stuff */
<<elseif $raceData[$race].room lt 30 and $Stone gte 500>>

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatCoolDude

BOT OVERLORD

Jul 4, 2019
Alright so I got a really dumb problem: I'm using a mac and when I'm playing the menu bar doesn't show up so I can't save. If I take the html file out of the folder the menu appears but then I don't have imaged. any solution?
edit:you have to open it twice, first time gives you no menu but the second time (with the first tab still up) the menu appears

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
lolopolop ThatCoolDude
In light of your bug reports, I have gone back over the code I wrote and I think I understand what's going on.

Faldir
While hunting for this bug I also discovered that I seem to have left 2 bugs in regards to the Plains region. When failing/refusing Sarai's quest, I accidentally wrote <<set $matriarchs.Sarai.quest is to -1>>. The "is" should not be in there.

Also, I forgot to limit Inanna's quest appearance in the exploration events. She's different from the other matriarchs because she moves to your camp before her quest is over and quest continuation is supposed to be from direct interaction instead of exploring.

There's also the bug pointed out by PaleContrast on page 201 of the thread.

Should I (or you) create a new patch?

EDIT: For the bugs mentioned above, directions if anyone wants to patch the game themselves:

The reviews mentioned an error being thrown because of a repeated loop running over 1000 times. This is the default setting for SugarCube, so this will happen if the player has over 1000 human & monster girls combined. The 1000 limit can be raised higher, but I'm uncertain if this is necessary.

The reviews also mentioned pregnant girls not being able to give birth. I haven't run into this bug, and I don't know if it's the same bug as above (since the loop gets cut, not all girls are processed so those unprocessed girls won't give birth). I also don't know if it might simply be an outdated version of the game.

I will release a patch after a couple full playthroughs to see if I can replicate it or find any more bugs.
Amazing! Gotta say: anyone who gets 1000 children is a gaiadamn legend!

If someone adds the fixes to a twine patch/html file, I'll be sure to upload it on the front page.

Otherwise Autumn sure is looking pretty this year!

You fellas all better keep warm <3

Reactions: Vaars

ThatCoolDude

Nov 11, 2017
Amazing! Gotta say: anyone who gets 1000 children is a gaiadamn legend!
IDK, maybe I'm weird (or an obsessive completionist), but with 28 monster girl races, 10 (11??) types of humans, and 6(??) variants of elves with a minimum population cap of 45 I feel like 1000+ total offspring is kind of expected if you don't rush the play-through; the reason I figured it was a programming environment variable was I didn't think the author would set a population limit lower than the sum capacity of the outposts.

Also, aside from a thank you for the game(I mean it, thank you!), I'm amused by your Denmark Scandinavia and the World avatar picture.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes