VN - Ren'Py - Adored by the Devil [v0.8] [Empiric]

1. 5.00 star(s)

uhhhok

Really good start. Dev's previous game is also really nice. The redheads are just really fantastic. Eager to see as the plot devlops. Hope it is a harem game. Also the mom's boobs are a little too much, but I don't mind really. awesome game regardless/.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

walker188

5 stars, obviously. Empiric has only deepened his command of AVN's in his sophomore offering. The posing, framing and cinematics more than offset the lower than average use of animations. Frankly, I wish other Devs would follow suit, more animations does not a good story make.

The writing is on point, with one cautious caveat. Character writing is clearly the Dev's strong suit, with funny and cute characters to play with, you'll be excited just to see some of these girls, much less see them naked. The plot based writing is a bit weaker, but that may be a deliberate choice to avoid tropes and pace-slowing conversations we've all heard before, ie... "Wait, vampires are real?" "Yes." "No way I don't believe you." "Let me show you." (MC shows some amazing or supernatural thing) "Oh my God, my world view has changed and also I find you more attractive!"

Maybe its best we skip that anyway. His imagination isn't bad either. You can read the telegraphing of what kinks the Dev enjoys from fucking space, but he's properly layering in the lore a bit at a time, so you it never comes off as an info dump. I'm still not sure what the MC is, or how he's special. And that's a good thing.

Back to my one caveat. I do think Empiric isn't working to his full potential. His story concepts and his writing ability are sufficient to make compelling drama and thrilling moments. And yet, much like Marvel Studios, he frequently falls trap to what I call, 'see the joke - take the joke'. Some moments just need to breathe, some need to feel uncomfortable or scary or sad. And yet, all too often in his previous work (and I fear this too) an unnecessary joke is inserted.

In summary, almost all good, but it could be even better if it weren't trying so hard to be funny, EVERY SINGLE SCENE.

PS. Lilith is adorable. I don't care if she looks like god damn Predator under that mask, I'm going to wife the fucking shit out of her.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

HeartBreakerGaming

Here we have a very short but great start to a potentially great story. With Good Renders and Hot Women.

Story: So it follows our MC who is what im assuming a Hunter of the Supernatural, he is given a mission by his grandpa to protect 3 Girls. Thats the main outline of what we know without getting to much into spoiler territory.

This episodes really just introduces us to the Main Characters and sets up the basics of the story. That being said the characters are great i dont think ill dislike any of them. Lilith is adorable, im a little sad because it seems like there wont be any content for her for a long while unless the game does some time skipping. Other than that the dialogue flowed pretty naturally.

One thing i want to point out is imo the Dev needs to work on his endings. The Ending was very abrupt, a ferret crawled on the MC's lap and then boom game over. it was very unexpected. Im not saying it needs to be a cliff hanger or anything but something less abrupt like maybe putting the character to sleep.

Sexual Content: There is no SC at the time

Renders: The Renders looked fantastic, nice and crisp along with great lighting from what i noticed.

Character Models: Oh man, Vivvian and Lillth are instantly favorites of mine. Emily is adorable as well. The rest or sorta eh for me but still the characters are all high quality so nothing to complain about.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TreeFriend

This game combines high quality renders with very unique character models and an intriguing beginning, story-wise.

Rated as of Version: "v.0.1"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now considering I had played this developers previous game, I started this with a certain predisposition. The previous game was good in my opinion, though maybe not 'great'. Playing this game, I feel like it is quite different from the previous one, in a good way.

Let's start of with the Story, we start of in a world with some supernatural elements: succubi, shapeshifters, vampires and more. Our MC, by first appearances, seems to be fighting the good fight and working with his grandfather and a group of recruits to hunt down some of the more unpleasant entities in this world. All in all, this makes for an intriguing start. We are able to learn about this world and the abilities of our MC and his allies step by step, instead of force feeding the scenario's lore, as some AVNs have started doing. This novels explains the rules of it's world by telling us its story and thereby keeping us interested. Ultimately, some overused scenarios come into play here as well, the concept of simply having the MC live with a family of potential love interests comes to mind. There are humorous moments that are well made and enjoyable though they are not so frequent that you would think of this as a comedy (My favorite line: "And that's why they used to burn them")

Character development is done well, with varying degrees of quality and some very good examples (Lilith, Hannah and in my opinion Emily are developed nicely within this first part) and some not happening extensively yet (Katherine or Miu), though this may just be because it is the first chapter.

The artwork is very well done with very detailed character art and good background work.

There are choices in an appropriate amount and I personally appreciated the lack of free-roam events in this particular case.

Overall a good start to what I personally think will be a great game, I see this one going in the top 10/20% on here.

Gameplay: 4/5 | Art: 4.5/5 | Story: 4.3/5 | Writing: 4.5/5
    OVERALL: 4.6
  5. 3.00 star(s)

An Ace Among Men

I guess I get to be the contrarian.

I'll start with the good. Very high-quality renders with great lighting to boot.
    A soundtrack, which is always a plus. A very intriguing world that seems like it would be fun to explore. An actual texting system (as in phone) that is engaging and fun. No seriously after suffering through exposition dumps disguised as this in other games, this is by far my favorite part and one of the reasons I rate this as high as I did.

Now for the mid, the soundtrack that I mentioned earlier while welcome seems to be the same exact songs that appear everywhere. I understand that there is only so much free music but at the same time, this will be noticeable to many.

Now we get to the bad. Let's revisit a good point, a world that is very intriguing and will be fun to explore UNTIL you get to the actual set the story is going to take place. Stop me if you recognize this setup, a young man lives in a home with a woman and her two daughters; the older one is outgoing and boy-crazy while the younger one is shy despite being a knockout. What little world-building and comedy is here shows that the writer is much better than this cliche.

Hopefully, further updates will change my opinion and take the story in different directions beyond the usual but even if not best of luck to the dev.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

faradhii

OK, running review as I play episode 1.

1) Lilith is just the cutest little murder machine EVER! I was hesitant with the mask, but it works!

2) If Katherine is Hannah's mother, when did she have her, age 8???? :)

3) Work a bit on the renders, Emily's arms look like TINY little twigs compared to her massive melons! Which leads me to:

4) My GOD! The 3 redheads in the first few minutes of the game have nature defying breasts! Honestly I'm glad you threw some bones to the itty bitty tittie comittee, Lilith is still big chested, but kinda normal, and Miu is my favorite, she SHOULD be a small chested Asian, but she's at least a C cup Asian which, so far is small for this game. (as you can tell I'm not a flotation device fan!!!)

5) Yeah, Hannah has that super flat tummy, looks hotter than a volcano, then you have those DDs A nice B+/C- would do her wonders!

6) OK, is it Miu or Mlu? Either way she is best girl so far, though I need to see more of Lilith.

7) The humor between the sister's is outstanding!

8) OK, the Katherine render looks a bit older at the door, NOW she looks MILFY. But, again, what is she, triple GGGs?

9) I wnat Emily's personality in Hannah's body.... As a "semi harem" game, so far I'm picking Hannah with a side order of Mlu and Lilith...

10) If you don't fall in love with Lilith you are a heartless bastard who should die a cold, unlamented death of Herpes.

11) I was drinking and almost snorted my drink through my nose! (I have child bearing hips and got my first period at age 12) BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Again, the wrting is excellent, well worth a 5 rating for that alone!

12) Heh heh, and the screwing with Hannah begins! Honestly it's weird how the dev is doing the renders, in this scene Hannah looks mostly normal (In a sex goddess way) like, JUT a D cup, and a nice thigh gap!

13) Nipple piercings, definite turn off, the vampire chick is out (of course, I don't judge, if you like that kind of thing, she IS hot!)

OK, in the chat with grandpa, it's definitely Miu (which makes more sense than Mlu).

Wait, and that's IT???? You leave a cliffhanger with a weasel????? YOU BASTARD! You get a 1 star for that!! :)

Seriously, if you're reading this, play the VN, won't take long (bastard) and you'll be hooked and drooling for updates.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

InTheWoods

Version Reviewed: 0.1

Yup, it's pretty early for a review, but why the hell not? Highlights:
    • Engaging story with decent grammar and spelling
    • Generous amount of redheads, mostly curvy
    • Good character development / backstories
    • Supernatural stuff, including an adorably naive demon girl
    If this is your bag, stay tuned for more. Really looking forward to the next release!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Lobbly

This game is awesome so far. Alpha male moves into house full of horny ladys while fighting demons. I love games like this. Erotic, action, humor and a bit of horror without all the corruption and rape shit.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

Absolutely spectacular start.

Some of the girls are super gorgeous and the rest are also not bad, though I'm not a fan of humongous breasts usually. Lilith is an immediate favorite.
    The setting is urban fantasy which is one of my favorite genre for such games. The MC seems to be cool, and not just some random person who got involved in the story like the MC of the devs previous game, and whose only redeeming quality was that he was male.
    We weren't shown a lot of this world but what we have seen so far gives a strong sense of an iceberg as if there was a huge complex and detailed setting beneath the surface even if we don't see it. I hope the dev can keep this up even as we find out more about the world.
    Also I hope there will be a harem path/ending for this game.

Review based on v0.1.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Adored by the Devil [ v0.1 ]

Short game play. Renders are nice and girls are fun. A fantasy themed game containing devils, vampires etc count me in. Best girl is without a doubt Lilith then my picks are Vivienne and Hannah. Lilith is very much adorable. Her expressions are cute. Hoping she will get more screen time. I'm ready to play a solo path for her. Story seems interesting. Liked the humor. Also I'm glad dev isn't planning for a big fuck fest.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Looking forward to next updates keep up the good work dev.

:coffee:
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Éama

Adored by the Devil wastes no time in prologues or explanations; you are immediately in the middle of a scene and everything else is explained by learning as you go. This is true for both the player and the MC.

The renders are very good, some of the characters seem very original while others come across as typical AVN standard so far, both in terms of physical appearance and personality. For example, I am a big fan of Lilith's character design (the impulsive she-devil), but Katherine and her daughters could also star in a College AVN. So far there is nothing unique about them.

The music is pretty standard and is sometimes inappropriately chosen. A classical soundtrack plays while the protagonists talk about how to flirt with men. Doesn't fit somehow.

In this early version I can't say much about the plot yet, but there are some mysteries that suggest that Adored by the Devil is worth following. It is only a demo however, so I reserve my final judgement.

edit: adjusted my rating from four to three stars because the dialogue writing is one of the weak points of this visual novel. It feels very artificial and not like actual people talking. The MC is a major Chad, which I find off-putting.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

ktunga

rew for version 0.1
    4 redheads:love:
    2 blondes:love:
    1 asian:love:
    and the best part there are all my type so no bad comments from me.....
    well ..yeag only one i want more....amzing start
    good luck dev