Ren'Py Abandoned Aeos: The NSFW Adventure Generator [v0.4 Demo] [DergeProductions]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Update for tonight.. The new update is finished. The play test however, is hours long. I should have started a timer. I skipped all the dialogue and its been several hours still. I will have to finish play testing in the morning.

Long term is a good problem to have.

I also noticed something today while playing.

My map markers are ugly af.

I have a new system I will roll out that is neat and just displays the name when highlighted.

Not this update though as there is nearly 500 hover image buttons now.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
You dont need to test everything yourself, you could just upload an alpha version, then you get bug reports for different playstyles, OS, and so on. You also get opinions and see where the players see room for improvement and whats perfectly fine. If you test everything yourself you get only your own opinion and find only the problems your PC cant handle...and the technical side, you make it sandbox, so there are many possibilitys...some things might work well with lower stats but get buggy with higher stats, some items may work well in one location but could cause conflicts in an other, ... just saying, give yourself a break and let us do something too ^^

Reactions: Dergeproductions

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
You dont need to test everything yourself, you could just upload an alpha version, then you get bug reports for different playstyles, OS, and so on. You also get opinions and see where the players see room for improvement and whats perfectly fine. If you test everything yourself you get only your own opinion and find only the problems your PC cant handle...and the technical side, you make it sandbox, so there are many possibilitys...some things might work well with lower stats but get buggy with higher stats, some items may work well in one location but could cause conflicts in an other, ... just saying, give yourself a break and let us do something too ^^

I would just feel so bad if a single line of code broke and the game wouldn't work for someone investing their time.

Reactions: Karumawastaken

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Call it "for testing" or "early alpha" so everyone knows it right away.
Btw, we have many devs who put buggy versions as final out here ^^

Jul 12, 2020
Just started the game, still on 1st screen dialog, My thing for immersion is : can you make MC Name & surname variable? (user input) it is still early stage and the names are not that generic or multiple use like (MAX) which could be a function or part of something. so you'll won't have that much of a problem. the main caveat here will be if you named your objects also "Jakus" then a full search and replace won't simply work.
But as you are in your early writing and programming, now is the time to think about that.

and I read some comments, but can we have some houses with one or more wives where we can visit them during pregnancy (and have sex ;) ), just a little addition, offspring can still be send off in the kingdom for "education"

Feb 12, 2020
So, that's a significant question. In terms of gameplay: two modes, story, and sandbox (pick your starting area, class, name, character, gender, etc.). The story will surround two characters, Jakus Sharktooth and Lucy Darkkeddgar, getting cast out from their families. Then a long journey is ultimately leading to returning home to straighten both of their evil families out. They are two linear storylines running parallel with frequent cross-overs. Even in story mode, only the story will be linear. All gameplay will be random event-based, so you never know what a journey across the 1600 squares will involve. Most of the movements on tiles will lead to random events to promote game length and replayability.

There will be adventure/RPG/ and city management elements.

In terms of NSFW, I have commissioned scenes. The scenes will be everything from random sex to taking a partner or multiple partners and constantly evolving scenes. If I had to guess at content type, most would be regular sex, but there will also be blowjobs, anal, pregnancy( no underage characters whatsoever in-game so it doesn't go more than to in-game text say your heir was later taken and raised in your kingdom.) I don't know my terminology for many other types, so I apologize some content will be a wait-and-see: monster sex, Futa. There is a male and female hero choice; I will likely add gay/bi options. I will also figure out how to scale up and down the events, so if you have preferences, you can stick within your comfort zone or even play SFW if you wanted to. (I am thinking of having a ghost mode where it hides all the SFW so you can still enjoy the game on mobile for the story and RPG elements, then switch back when home.

Game mechanics: Sandbox and Story mode. Event-based tile movement. Siege mode for towns. RPG and character leveling/ progression. Battle system. NSFW material. I HAVE SO MANY INVENTORY PICTURES. So I will be making an inventory and commerce system: stats and character screen. I am going for replayability.

NSFW Scenes are coming. We have picked an artist; I need to finalize chapter one, add the scenes where I want NSFW, then submit the work order.

Does this answer some of what you wanted to know?
Neat-o. Seems interesting, I'll throw some money at it when I see it a little bit more developed (no offense intended, just have to be careful as have been burned before). But the premise sounds neat and the execution unique.

Bi options would be great, though you'll likely have to deal with incessant "GAY??" and "Is gay avoidable?" comments every day from people who can't read past tags lmao.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
You did so much, i thought it would only be fair to start from the beginning, so i dont know if the savegames would even be compatible, i just wanted to give your hard work a detailed review and dont know how much you changed in the "old" part.
First you need to pick a brighter color for the menu on the starting screen, dark red is hard to read on semi transparent black.
Minor detail, make lucy younger, she looks more like 18-20 than 24 (should be only in the selecting screen, dont think you are running around telling everyone your age or getting asked for it ^^)
Erm...lol...after reading this demo is focused on the guy i am back at the menu...so i cant provide more testing, dont play guys if i can avoid it. But at least you know what to expect as soon the lucy demo is out ^^

What the panda said is true, best you edit the tags in your op and add an "optional" or "avoidable" to the tags that are not unavoidable.
The bull also has a point, personally i would love to change the name, Lilith would be my choice for her ^^

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these stolen artwork? That's fine and all, but you are planning on selling this on steam...?

Also, you said you will commission art for the H scenes... but the character sprites are stolen assets. How would that work? You should commission the sprite art while you are at it, so you got original characters.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Aeos The NSFW adventure generator [v0.3PDemo] [DergeProductions] crunched

Original Size PC: 1.010 MB

Compressed Size PC: 176 MB
Aeos18plusNSFWAdventGen-0.3PDEMO-pc-crunched.zip: -

Compressed Size Mac: 141 MB
Aeos18plusNSFWAdventGen-0.3PDEMO-mac-crunched.zip: -

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: YAC v3.1b (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these stolen artwork? That's fine and all, but you are planning on selling this on steam...?

Also, you said you will commission art for the H scenes... but the character sprites are stolen assets. How would that work? You should commission the sprite art while you are at it, so you got original characters.
I knew someone would ask. Though I will do a finally check as maybe 5% of the art requires proper credit, no. Every single piece of art was paid for and selected depending on rigorous licensing checks for commercial and distribution use. :)

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I knew someone would ask. Though I will do a finally check as maybe 5% of the art requires proper credit, no. Every single piece of art was paid for and selected depending on rigorous licensing checks for commercial and distribution use. :)
Check the about section for more details. :)

Sydoon

Sep 20, 2019
This is the only game which gets updated between the time I download it and decide to play it finally just to notice that there is a new version :D

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
View attachment 1210401 A few minor issues with spelling
Yeah, I appreciating you for screenshotting and making a collage or two of every spelling mistake, Caju. Like I have done with previous updates, this one is all about mechanics. Next I will plow through chapter one. Then I will...ugh. Redo all of Lucy's chapter. Then I will re-write even more stories.. Then I will edit it all.

And after all those hours... like 80 or so later... We will have v.31 hahaha

Reactions: caju

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
This is the only game which gets updated between the time I download it and decide to play it finally just to notice that there is a new version :D
Thats a good problem to have! I try to do 2-3 weekly updates, but this is just getting silly. I did a literal re-write, added tens of thousands of lines of code, had to learn the higher functions, then play test it all. Haha I am sure I will get faster, but as I grows I think we will move to one update a week.

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
Tags on game overview includes "censored", while it isn't there on the top post in this thread. Since censored, to any degree, is a dealbreaker to me, it would be nice to know so I can make an educated choice on whether to support or not. Is it, or will it ever be, present in the game?

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes