4.20 star(s) 49 Votes

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
NaughtyDeveloper

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It was unintentional but has been resolved in v0.26. This will indeed improve performance and resolve many stutters and lags in v0.25
No need to modify this media section as it has no impact on performance whatsoever.

I intentionally set it to 240 to test videos. Starting from v0.25, videos are in 2k 120fps, but during testing, they weren't playing at the full frame rate. So I adjusted the fps to see if it made any difference. However, changing it doesn't affect performance in any way. Alternatively, you can set it to 120 or match the refresh rate of your monitor.

For the "resize" option, it should be set to true. Since v0.25, the new videos are in 2K, and if "resize" is false, they will appear zoomed in. Again, resizing the videos doesn't impact performance.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It was unintentional but has been resolved in v0.26. This will indeed improve performance and resolve many stutters and lags in v0.25
No need to modify this media section as it has no impact on performance whatsoever.

I intentionally set it to 240 to test videos. Starting from v0.25, videos are in 2k 120fps, but during testing, they weren't playing at the full frame rate. So I adjusted the fps to see if it made any difference. However, changing it doesn't affect performance in any way. Alternatively, you can set it to 120 or match the refresh rate of your monitor.

For the "resize" option, it should be set to true. Since v0.25, the new videos are in 2K, and if "resize" is false, they will appear zoomed in. Again, resizing the videos doesn't impact performance.

i was fiddeling around and this was the best setup i got
the resize=true caused an overlay over static renders with animations at maybe half the size of the screen (in the bottom middle) , thats why i changed this

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017

i was fiddeling around and this was the best setup i got
the resize caused an overlay over static renders with animations at maybe half the size of the screen (in the bottom middle) , thats why i changed this

View attachment 2748029

View attachment 2748031
That's weird. I haven't experienced that issue. It's running smoothly on my end. What's your screen resolution? Did you make any changes to the game or is it the same as it was from the beginning? Maybe someone else can confirm if they're also facing this problem?

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
1920x1080

fresh download and install of v0.25b -alpha

win10 rtx3060 32gb ram r7 1800x

some changes i always make :
textbox remove ; text and name size ; quickmenu to penpy "basic"

like this
View attachment 2748072
These changes shouldn't affect the game, but have you tried playing it without them? If not, give it a shot and see if it makes any difference. By the way, I'm currently updating the code for v0.27, so I'll investigate this issue or try to find a solution. It might be a bit tricky though, since I can't reproduce it on my own system.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
These changes shouldn't affect the game, but have you tried playing it without them? If not, give it a shot and see if it makes any difference. By the way, I'm currently updating the code for v0.27, so I'll investigate this issue or try to find a solution. It might be a bit tricky though, since I can't reproduce it on my own system.
i always start a game once to see how i looks
and yes the same weird behaviour

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Hi, I confirm that I have the same problem.
I have win 10 16gb and a 2080ti, and the game completely freezes. having to close the program through windows.
I have 4k resolution, but I don't think it's the problem, since the same thing happens in windowed mode.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Something is wrong. The game hangs and freezes. Play it with German translation but before without translation it had dropouts. the "perimpro" doesn't seem to work either? o_O :mad::sick::eek:

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
So many months of waiting for a boring update that doesn't bring anything new to the plot.....

If it takes you a few months to add only 2 scenes, you'll probably finish the game in 5 years or even more, but that's not all, even with such a small update we still have lags due to stupid and unnecessary notifications that appear every few seconds and repeated crashes if you click too quickly during the animation, I haven't been so disappointed with an update for a long time......

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Ok, I know about the watch thread technique but what is that '.' technique that you were using. I am sure simply posting '.' doesn't notify you about future posts. Or were you bookmarking the thread? :unsure:
Posting in a thread basically automatically subscribes you to it. You'll see when other people post in the thread without you having to actually click the "watch" button.

It just spams the thread unnecessarily in the process.

Reactions: NaughtyPikachu

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
made textbox fix, for those that dont like it as much as me
from
1689139413540.png
to
1689139261252.png
Just drop all to \game folder. Nothing else need it, and delete files if you want to remove it.

you can change text size in gui.rpy under:
## The size of normal dialogue text.
define gui.text_size = xx

and thats bout all you can do, but at least you can see. Tho if anyone knows, find out or got working mod for text outline do tell.

enjoy

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes