3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

Xanado

May 9, 2018
These fuckers are removing negative ratings.can you believe that?Yesterday there were so many 1 star reviews including mine and now its gone.Good for ya dev not being able to face the harsh truth
Thought this would be common knowledge by now but it keeps coming up in threads so here we go:

Developers doesn't moderate the threads or the reviews, Mods and Staff does.
Any member on the site can however report offending posts and mods will then review them and pass judgement.

General rules:
https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2020-07-23.5589/

Reviews are valuable to both the community and developers, it doesn't matter if they are rated high or low.
If a review got removed by a mod it wasn't because it happened to have a low rating,
but because it failed to follow the rules listed here:

Review posting rules:
https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2019-02-12.1753/

Last edited:

kevinwebben27

May 12, 2017
Interesting game but Devs need to redo MC appearance. Why? He is senior in college and have CSI career job.
Agreed, I will support this game but that definitely took me out of the game a little. It did not fit the story at all and took me out of it a bit. If they redo the MC introduction and adjust the MCs proportion then it will be perfection. But of course this is just our opinion, they are free to do what they feel is best. But I do hope they acknowledge this. This is by no means any hate I promise. This is constructive criticism. because I really want the game to be amazing. It already looks amazing if I am being honest besides my small critique. Also feel free to correct me if I am wrong and this was all done to make it believable for Patreon rules. If that is the case I understand but still seems odd.

D

Deleted member 1414493

Man. This popcorn tastes good.

It's interesting to see how delusional you are. Quality entertainment. We the devs have done absolutely nothing but lay the cards out on the table but still you find a way to continue to hate.

Never mind the entire story that GaussianFracture told about what's gone on the last 3 years or the long as hell but informative post mortem done by Elvishious .

It's just interesting. I used to be the guy who would observe threads but now that I'm a part of a dev team?

This is comedy gold. I'll just sit here and continue to eat popcorn as you continue to try and garner a crowd with your quite frankly unnecessary toxicity.

Terribly sorry if it's not up to your standards but that evidently means you haven't sat and read a single word that we've said so far, same goes for a lot of you.

For those who have read and still feel the way you do? Again our apologies. Perhaps we're not the devs or the project for you. I'm quite sure there's a game you can find here that will tickle your pickle though! At the very least, thanks for caring enough to express your opinion to us!

For those of you who bothered to read what my colleagues said and understand?

Thank you all for your support. Believe me when I say, it means the world to all of us. We'll do our absolute best to not disappoint you all!

I was about to go to bed after having penned a ton of the story stuff we have planned but this just woke me up and inspired me to continue.

If you think we devs reported anything, rest assured that we didn't. You did it to yourself ^.^

There's no point in wasting our time and effort to report because it's gonna flood in anyway and let's be real, you're not worth losing even less sleep than I'm already getting doing my part to bring this thing to life.

Carry on now. I'mma get some more popcorn and some tea and just watch with a smile on my face :D
Color me unimpressed.I know developing games is hard work and devs who deliver quality have everyone's respect.Unless you haven't gone through the various replies here the general consensus is "a fuckin demo after 3 years of work ?" .We are no strangers to the milking machine patreon is for so many devs .Obviously people will be skeptical if so little content is there to show for "all the hard work".And I would be happy to be proved wrong and eat my own words if the dev delivers a decent game. That's all we are here for ain't it.Good games. You said I was delusional and maybe I am but I ain't naive .Sorry but not sorry if I triggered ya funny bones.Peace

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
We are no strangers to the milking machine patreon is for so many devs .Obviously people will be skeptical if so little content is there to show for "all the hard work".And I would be happy to be proved wrong and eat my own words if the dev delivers a decent game.
From your post I can see that you didn't follow the development of the game. To ease your mind I can tell you that devs didn't collect a single dime the past 3 years and only created their patreon account after they released the demo.

So, no milking happened.

EDIT:
Patreon account created in November 2020 and so far 2 post in total. Numbers of supporters are still very low, which is totally normal for a game in early state.
1604674251501.png

First post on itch.io is from 3 days ago (November 3 - same date as demo release on F95)

Subscribestar account is still under review for approval which indicates that the account was created just recently. No supporters so far, because you can't subscribe yet. (Approval can take up to 60 days!).
1604674479780.png

Hopefully this shows that no milking approach was made.

Last edited:

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
From your post I can see that you didn't follow the development of the game. To ease your mind I can tell you that devs didn't collect a single dime the past 3 years and only created their patreon account after they released the demo.

So, no milking happened.
I believe his point is that it took 3 years to reach this demo, so god knows what's going to happen when the game hits Patreon (i.e. basically waiting another 3 years for 5 minutes of content).
It's a valid point to be sceptical given the many rotten apples in this line of work; naturally I'm hoping these guys prove him wrong and we get a solid game out of this.

D

Deleted member 1414493

I believe his point is that it took 3 years to reach this demo, so god knows what's going to happen when the game hits Patreon (i.e. basically waiting another 3 years for 5 minutes of content).
It's a valid point to be sceptical given the many rotten apples in this line of work; naturally I'm hoping these guys prove him wrong and we get a solid game out of this.
See this guy gets it.thanks for the clarification man.

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
People really don't understand the meaning of this word it seems.

View attachment 888604
and other people really don't understand the meaning of 3 years to release a neutered half-assed zero-substance demo.

snarky comments aside, i don't mean to downplay the effort the devs put into this, as a programmer myself, i know how something that may seem insignificant to a consumer could take a whole lot of work in the background for a developer. but it's about the nature of this product first and foremost, and about delivering something that answers to the consumers expectation, i can spend days and days working my ass off on something that's not really what my target audience await, especially considering the 3 years build-up of hype behind this project

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
Without trying to sound like some Shill or a KissAss, I just wanna point out the differences with this project, versus some of the other games/VNs like it, and on the extreme end AAA/A or Funded titles like those from Japan that make it to JAST-usa etc.
As they've been clarifying, this was NOT a 3 year endeavor that has resulted in such a light demo. That would seem like they either don't manage time well, work too slowly, or scrapped things and started over too often. It was more like 3 years ago, an amateur animator (could argue his practice in Flash resulted in Pro Tier by the time he released WHISPER, but I digress) had an inkling, an idea, a Dream, to venture into a fully developed Visual Novel. A big leap from his smaller scale/scope projects before, but his creation of the MC (let's be real Max is just an Avatar for us to vicariously live out our Shota Fantasies) MEGAN, was such a breakthrough, that he knew it HAD to go somewhere, and be shared with the Niche Fetish World. From there, Gaussian sent out feelers, put his character out into the ether to test the waters and see what the demand for someone like her was like, and well, as we all know, it gained momentum quite nicely. From there he had to assemble a team, which only got completed fairly recently.

So to TLDR this novella, don't fault these guys for what seems like a LENGTHY process, at worse you can criticize them for revealing too much, too early, which is something NEW that industry professionals have even had to adjust to (go look up why Borderlands 3 had to wait so long before even showing a Tech Demo). This demo isn't the result of 3 years hard work, but rather the official statement of: "Ok, NOW we are ready to begin". --------It's the start guys, not the end.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
So to TLDR this novella, don't fault these guys for what seems like a LENGTHY process, at worse you can criticize them for revealing too much, too early, which is something NEW that industry professionals have even had to adjust to (go look up why Borderlands 3 had to wait so long before even showing a Tech Demo). This demo isn't the result of 3 years hard work, but rather the official statement of: "Ok, NOW we are ready to begin". --------It's the start guys, not the end.
I understand, though if a sizeable chunk of people mistook all these years as development time, I am indeed afraid too much was revealed, too much was teased, too soon... so it was only natural that said people, especially those who just gave a quick glance at the project or have heard of it some time ago, would have expected at least a generous demo to start off with.

And don't get me wrong, as you just said its good to start somewhere, although the demo could have really used some more time to allow for more character building, getting acquainted with the engine and possibly a tangible taste of what to expect next (without actually being acquainted with past Motherlove teasers), all things that could have contributed to an overall better first impression.

But the road is just right ahead, so let's look forward to the journey.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
and other people really don't understand the meaning of 3 years to release a neutered half-assed zero-substance demo.

snarky comments aside, i don't mean to downplay the effort the devs put into this, as a programmer myself, i know how something that may seem insignificant to a consumer could take a whole lot of work in the background for a developer. but it's about the nature of this product first and foremost, and about delivering something that answers to the consumers expectation, i can spend days and days working my ass off on something that's not really what my target audience await, especially considering the 3 years build-up of hype behind this project
if you gonna start making accusations maybe ground them a bit aye? the game was a concept for most of the time. actual development where they are making the game hasn't been XD

Point of conceptualisation does not equate point of starting development.

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
if you gonna start making accusations maybe ground them a bit aye? the game was a concept for most of the time. actual development where they are making the game hasn't been XD

Point of conceptualisation does not equate point of starting development.
conceptual design phase is part of the dev cycle, you sire need to know the difference between development and programming XD
don't get me wrong, i ain't shitting on the devs, i'm just saying the demo could've been handled better

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
conceptual design phase is part of the dev cycle, you sire need to know the difference between development and programming XD
don't get me wrong, i ain't shitting on the devs, i'm just saying the demo could've been handled better
are you really this dense -_- having an idea in your head isn't the same as actually developing something. the official team of this game wasn't formed 3 years ago.

Stop trying to justify yourself, and just admit you fucked up lol. Going "hey guys I have this idea." doesn't mean you are now developing something, just mucking around with shit isn't proper development, it can however lead into proper development, but in of itself is not.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
this was NOT a 3 year endeavor that has resulted in such a light demo.
Here have a read from the actual dev about how the dev time has not been 3 years.

I have many idea for a game in my head, and fun fact, none are in development XD cause talking about shit doesn't magically make it active development, active development is a choice/commitment, that you actually start a project, not talking about starting a project XD

3.40 star(s) 57 Votes