3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
he has a point you know. i keep seeing a trend with these developers just starting a project and never finishing it, also leaving their patreon or subscribestar open with no feedback.
Well less so in this case since the patreon was closed very promptly when the dev went on hiatus.
You're right that we have seen something like that happening, it just doesn't apply here.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
We’ll be disappointed for even longer. Last I saw the dev has yet to give even a hint that they plan to return to working on the game anytime soon. Their “irl issues” which a year later was revealed to be “I got a job and needed to abruptly abandon working on the project with no given timeframe in which I can return to the project” has prevented them from doing any work on the game. They still keep saying “it’ll be out when it’s out” but I’m still miffed at the complete lack of timeframe, roadmap or anything. The fact that they still have a steam page vexes me when other devs that are actively working on their games get denied.
Wait, that's what the irl issues was? Should have just come right out and said so. That's a pretty permanent thing. They made it sound like it was a temporary situation and kept stressing they were waiting on the second coder to convert everything over to renpy. What a friggin joke. Why be dishonest like that? If the dev team simply said the game isn't making any money and they need to find a job to pay the bills I'd understand. I'd be bummed, but still understand. Now I'm disappointed and feel a bit swindled. At least they shutdown their Patreon I guess.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Wait, that's what the irl issues was? Should have just come right out and said so. That's a pretty permanent thing. They made it sound like it was a temporary situation and kept stressing they were waiting on the second coder to convert everything over to renpy. What a friggin joke. Why be dishonest like that? If the dev team simply said the game isn't making any money and they need to find a job to pay the bills I'd understand. I'd be bummed, but still understand. Now I'm disappointed and feel a bit swindled. At least they shutdown their Patreon I guess.
The converting to ren'py and the "uh oh gotta work lots" issues were separate

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I don't know what to believe anymore. If that's true I would assume that a renpy version would have been out by now. I think I remember them saying they were still working on renders and the story so updates would come out faster afterwards. But then again it was some time ago, so maybe my memory is a little fuzzy.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I don't know what to believe anymore. If that's true I would assume that a renpy version would have been out by now. I think I remember them saying they were still working on renders and the story so updates would come out faster afterwards. But then again it was some time ago, so maybe my memory is a little fuzzy.
The renpy conversion went ahead as expected and has been out for a very long time

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
The renpy version is the one that you can download now at page one of this thread. But yeah, if you go to their discord the dev confirmed it after a year when someone asked as to what the IRL issues pertained to. Initially this wasn't the case, or at least, they said they wouldn't disclose what it pertained to a year ago when the halted development on the next update.

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Yeah something happened with the Coder I think, he basically just abruptly left the project without warning, and screwed over the rest of the dev team. Now who knows if the game will continue, though I don't see why they couldn't just find another coder if the rest of the team is still on board

Reactions: Yuuki Ban

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
Yeah something happened with the Coder I think, he basically just abruptly left the project without warning, and screwed over the rest of the dev team. Now who knows if the game will continue, though I don't see why they couldn't just find another coder if the rest of the team is still on board
That’s what happened during the unity build. They currently do have a coder working on their renpy build. I haven’t seen it mentioned that they’ve left the project, even though they’re obviously doing something else because NOTHING is going on with the game currently lol. Everything is in place for this to continue, the artist just can’t because they’re employed and can’t put time into the game.

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
That’s what happened during the unity build. They currently do have a coder working on their renpy build. I haven’t seen it mentioned that they’ve left the project, even though they’re obviously doing something else because NOTHING is going on with the game currently lol. Everything is in place for this to continue, the artist just can’t because they’re employed and can’t put time into the game.
I always thought this was crazy given the quality of the art and the build. I'd have expected this game to sell really well on steam and gain a good following on project funding sites like patreon. To the point where they'd eventually be making more than most jobs. Seems like the dev just got overwhelmed or something.

Reactions: Yuuki Ban
3.40 star(s) 57 Votes