3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

EX_5191

Jun 6, 2018
So i just got the USB stick but then i went to the gym. I went back to the house but now i can't click on the computer or even skip past saturday dusk. Is this a bug? Am i soft locked? Did i miss something?
Yeah, there's a bug in the current build (?), that corrupts or makes your entire game saves useless, It basically thinks you're on the first day, seems to happen the second you close the game.

Blarfz

May 27, 2017
Xanado Did your post get deleted? From their patreon:

Restructuring Delay

There are some changes in the development structure of the project. Elvishious took another job and abruptly stopped working on the project. Which is why the previous update took so many months to complete where we could only talk to him about one hour every day before he left the dev chat again. After this prolonged slowing down on his end, we all thought it was best to find a new way where we can have a more reliable solution for the coding side of things.
The current condition of the game is somewhat buggy and its missing alot of features we wanted to have which makes it impossible for us to continue from his code without any knowledge on how to resolve the bugs, so our current plan is to either hire someone new to join as a coder or a dev team to create a finished VN game engine with the same mechanics that we have, or switch to something else like Renpy. Since the beginning of this month we talked to a few specific dev teams about recreating the project template but their prices and time table were way too long and unreasonably expensive.
So right now we will look for publicly available devs who wants to join in the project, replacing Elvishious' position with share-revenue or simply as a paid job where they deliver the completed game engine template. While we search for a new coding solution, we won't be able to work on the implementation of the story or art until we have a working game engine for us to build new things. Which is why we are pausing the patreon and subscribestar payments for a while until we get it running again. So you can remain subscribed where you won't be charged anything for the period we pause the incomes and we will resume when we can continue doing periodical updates.
The discord, dev chats and polls will all still be active where we will keep brainstorming about new ideas. The only part on hold right now is coding and thats until we find a replacement for a better game engine solution with hopefully even more features like save files working across new updates, better sound implementation and a smoother gameplay experience.
Still not sure why they didn't just use renpy in the first place. It doesn't seem like anything they've implemented so far couldn't have also been done in renpy.

• Sad
Reactions: Ara-sH and Xanado

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Xanado Did your post get deleted? From their patreon:

Still not sure why they didn't just use renpy in the first place. It doesn't seem like anything they've implemented so far couldn't have also been done in renpy.
No, I deleted it myself, decided to wait bit to see if there where any more news.

Reactions: Blarfz
Jul 21, 2019
About renpy and any other such game engine: making a similar engine with web tech would be a few days work at best for a coder with business flow development experience, because these games are really simple. On the UX part the animations are simple too. The main component is extending the story, the conversations easily, and as a developer I see a shitty tradeoff. You want to find a game engine that is extendable without a coder, so you learn an engine that is made for that purpose, but has limitations, and you get to be independent off of a developer. But, you waste time, cause what you just setted up in renpy or similar with x ammount of time, and what you could not even set up in it, would be x/2, or x/3 time for the developer.

You should consider finding a developer who can make the game engine in a relatively easily learnable programming language, like html+js+css, and not waste time creating a bloated, nocode programming monster in an engine that is way too much hassle for a simple slideshow game. I hate to even call it an engine, that word should mean more. Your game is a simple, elegant, in the art style a great game, and you should be happy that it is not a complex game on the side of mechanics, and not make it a more complex stuff. I dumped the unity assets out, and could make the whole game in 1 sitting, and I am not a great coder. Why complicate things?

Reactions: ninguemligah

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
So it seems they trying to find a need coder, since Elvishious went to work on another job/project and stopped working on this project, it seems the updates were kinda delayed cause of him (he would take other jobs), for what it seems they cant continue the code that he made, cause they have no knowlodge how he programed it ( for what is saw in many streams he would just copy codes and paste them and not paying really much attention, so that might have been the cause of the bugs and other problems), so they now looking for a new coder they seems to be looking aswell for devs that can work with Renpy possible change of engine which i think it more suitable, the only thing i kinda wanna see to be implemente is animations cause seeing a good art and the action is static isnt really much rewarding.

Oct 4, 2019
Was really enjoying this game until I went to the first gym scene, game froze and now my entire game seems to be bricked. Was obviously pretty far into the game, hadn't saved in a while, which doesn't really matter considering I can't even use the save after restarting the game.

There were a bunch of smaller bugs as well, like the game just not using the input name in some dialogues, and other minor bugs. But damn is it a kick in the teeth to lose all progress just because the game froze, really loved the art style and was decently enjoying the way the story was going. Guess I'll give it another go if it's ever updated or fixed.

Damneddaniel

Mar 31, 2018
If I remember correctly, the reason this game was coded in unity was so that Elvishious could learn the engine. So how this reads to me is that he used this as an opportunity to get better at unity, write sloppy code, and then leave without fixing any bugs. Maybe I am missing something that makes him look better but this situation just sucks for the game. hope they figure out a coding solution soon

pr83

May 5, 2017
Hey sorry to bother you but is there any walkthrough for this game ?
Not that i know of but game is already pretty railroady. It's linear enough that you won't miss anything or can do anything outside of what the games wants you to do.

Reid Vishern

Nov 25, 2021
Not that i know of but game is already pretty railroady. It's linear enough that you won't miss anything or can do anything outside of what the games wants you to do.
sorry its hard the first step to find that ID card but i check every place, where do you think it was place ?

• Angry
Reactions: Axeleen

pr83

May 5, 2017
okay how can i go there the button seems stuck would you please gave me some step walkthrough friend, pleasee...
You need to search all 3 clickables on your room; the bed, book pile, computer and then either go to the living room and from there to Meg's room or just go to Meg's room right away. I can't remember exactly which order you have to do it

Reid Vishern

Nov 25, 2021
You need to search all 3 clickables on your room; the bed, book pile, computer and then either go to the living room and from there to Meg's room or just go to Meg's room right away. I can't remember exactly which order you have to do it
Thanks alot friend you have been a great help, sorry to ask again if there is a way to made the ladies quickly fall in love to the main character or change the name of the main character from the save game which allready given by this game ?

• Angry
Reactions: Axeleen
3.40 star(s) 57 Votes