4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
How does it perform on crummy PCs?
Depends on how crummy. Dell laptop with integrated graphics?
It's up to those indie devs to decide where they're going to spend their time on, true.
It's also true that every Unreal Engine game on F95 are using the same premade system and nothing else of substance.

Wasn't the whole "indie dev" idea to make "independent" and original games? Because it surely looks like it depends on a lot of already made store assets (Daz models included) and the only original aspect here is cutting off the majority of potential audience due to DX12 issues. And it's not another Patreon scam project, for once. Nevermind, freshly made, 20h ago.
Many months of time and effort has gone into creating an optimal pipeline for bringing these assets into UE and using them in a performant way. No, I did not create the assets, or the animations. But there is a reason why Daz creators offer interactive licenses, so indie devs can use them in games.

I fear that many of these criticisms are based on the incorrect assumption that it would be realistic for a solo dev to learn all aspects of triple A game development. There are people who try for example to learn sculpting in Zbrush, texturing in Substance, rigging in Maya/Blender to create their own custom characters. This is a pursuit that can take many years to master and will find you a high paying job at established companies. But the idea that it would be realistic to learn not only that, but also become a proficient C++ programmer, learn industry-standard animation techniques, UI and graphic design, all on your own, now you are getting into fantasy territory.

So yes, I will take shortcuts when it makes sense, because I want to have realistic expectations. There is a double standard set by some that projects like mine fail early and update infrequently, yet we are also not doing enough of the work ourselves, as if we should be starting with a white board and asking "What is a game engine?" and designing the engine ourselves. The fact of the matter is, people have spent many months of work creating assets for developers to use. They aren't doing this because they don't want people to use them. Game dev is very much a pursuit based on the knowledge and time and effort from others before.

I hope that makes sense. I have no problem if people are skeptical due to the ambition of this game. And because of that ambition, I am happy to make use of assets that are available to me and alter them in a way that fits with my game.

Explon

Jun 20, 2020
Seems neat from a tech perspective, if you do go full futa with it instead of just a genital switch having that as a third option would be nice since there isn't really many games that just fill the like the trans girl category. Also runs fine for me but my systems a bit overkill lol

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
it is interesting when people suggest that no shortcuts should be taken for a game like this as a solo developer, such as using pre-existing animations. I am not an animator. If I were to learn proper industry standard animation techniques, it would certainly extend any sort of updates for a long time. On the other hand, there is already a vast library of animations created for daz characters and unreal engine. People create them so that they can be used, which is exactly what I’m doing.
I find it frustrating because they act like it's just something you do in a few minutes and just slap it in there.

You want something decent? It takes time especially when doing it solo.

Ugh.

/endrant.

enabledcoomer

Mar 26, 2021
curious why this has the sissification tag? can't see anything in the roadmap about sissification being a part of the storyline or gameplay. which is kind of a shame because it's the only reason i clicked on it, but i'd like to know if the dev has plans for it.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
curious why this has the sissification tag? can't see anything in the roadmap about sissification being a part of the storyline or gameplay. which is kind of a shame because it's the only reason i clicked on it, but i'd like to know if the dev has plans for it.
Just noticed this. This is not a tag I added, must have been a mod.

Shining Tower

Nov 22, 2017
The character creation has a solid foundation. I think adding more face morphs that each exemplify a certain phenotype would be the best way to get good variation. If it's not too much trouble, it would be cool to have taller characters too.

ttant

May 7, 2017
i got the same issue as SilentBlow666:

PLZ, made support to dx11 or make setting for RT(off default). AMD cards have problem with dx12 on UE5.
My error being (when i start to turn right to the closet, when the window appears on screen)):

The UE-AfterpartyGame Game has crashed and will close
---------------------------
LowLevelFatalError [File:C:\UE_5.1_Source\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 868]
CurrentQueue.Device->GetDevice()->GetDeviceRemovedReason() failed
at C:\UE_5.1_Source\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Submission.cpp:910
with error 887A0006

In my pov, this is not a developper issue, but an engine vs driver one. Either AMD or UE need to fix that bug.
In the meantime, -dx11 was the only available option i had for other UE games which crash like this one.

Furthermore, the issue is frequent on AMD card, but not only according to :

So when i read:
Hi, the game supports Dx11 and Dx12. [...]
But later :
The only real hard requirement is that your hardware supports Dx12, as it is a requirement for Nanite (which, this game is using both Nanite and Nanite foliage. Great for performance, unfortunately requires Dx12).
What's the truth ? How can i force the dx11 mode if possible ?

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
i got the same issue as SilentBlow666:

My error being (when i start to turn right to the closet, when the window appears on screen)):

The UE-AfterpartyGame Game has crashed and will close
---------------------------
LowLevelFatalError [File:C:\UE_5.1_Source\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 868]
CurrentQueue.Device->GetDevice()->GetDeviceRemovedReason() failed
at C:\UE_5.1_Source\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Submission.cpp:910
with error 887A0006

In my pov, this is not a developper issue, but an engine vs driver one. Either AMD or UE need to fix that bug.
In the meantime, -dx11 was the only available option i had for other UE games which crash like this one.

Furthermore, the issue is frequent on AMD card, but not only according to :

So when i read:

But later :

What's the truth ? How can i force the dx11 mode if possible ?
Hi, we've had people say that their 887A0006 issue was resolved by disabling CPU overclock. Double check to see if this is the case for you. If not, there are people saying they also resolved it by doing the following:

1. First navigate the key path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, Right click on GraphicsDrivers and go to new > DWORD (32 bit) value

Untitled.png

2. You will see a new key appear make sure to name it “TdrDelay”, Right click it and select “modify”, Under Value data enter 10 (decimal)

Untitled2.png

Hope this helps

ttant

May 7, 2017
we've had people say that their 887A0006 issue was resolved by disabling CPU overclock
I followed the windows part of this site, but there were no change.

I also try the regedit par you provide, with no help either.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Are you going to try to help him develop the game with your own skills, if you have skills pertaining to this?
I dunno what drama is going on, but I'm just going to jump in and say this is a bad take. This take reads like you could jump into any project (namely this one in this case) and start helping him develop it, fixing issues, and so on. That's... not how game development works and even if someone was willing to work for free, they would still require access to the source code (opening yourself up to other potential problems) to be able to do anything meaningful other than offer suggestions. And suggestions are just that, suggestions - it's up to the developer if they agree with them or not, let alone take the time to implement them among the countless other things they would've already been planning to do.

Unfortunately due to the way Lumen works even a few extra lights enabled drastically increases the light bounces and shadow calculations and thus decreases performance. I'm thinking about adding some additional options for changing GI that would allow for Lumen to be disabled, which would mean no global illumination but should provide much better performance on low end hardware. Once that's added I'll think about enabling additional lights.
I'm not sure how your lighting settings work currently, but couldn't you make a setting that reduces the amount of bounces lumen makes? Maybe yours already works this way but Fortnite for example has a lumen high & epic setting, presumably you could go lower (maybe quality isn't worth?) but for that game they switch to some ambient lighting solution below high that disables lumen GI.

Aug 19, 2020
I dunno what drama is going on, but I'm just going to jump in and say this is a bad take. This take reads like you could jump into any project (namely this one in this case) and start helping him develop it, fixing issues, and so on. That's... not how game development works and even if someone was willing to work for free, they would still require access to the source code (opening yourself up to other potential problems) to be able to do anything meaningful other than offer suggestions. And suggestions are just that, suggestions - it's up to the developer if they agree with them or not, let alone take the time to implement them among the countless other things they would've already been planning to do.

I'm not sure how your lighting settings work currently, but couldn't you make a setting that reduces the amount of bounces lumen makes? Maybe yours already works this way but Fortnite for example has a lumen high & epic setting, presumably you could go lower (maybe quality isn't worth?) but for that game they switch to some ambient lighting solution below high that disables lumen GI.
That's not particularly what I was saying. Granted, in a sense, it could be misconstrued as such, but it 's not exactly what I meant. What I was particularly saying is that if you've got time to complain, you've got time to do something like help, even if it's just minor. And even if you don't, surely you have better things to do than complain. It's not that there's drama, it's that, again, from the outside looking in, people are making a scene, and nothing, but.

As for if they were willing to work for free, even if they didn't, and Dilly paid them to help, a little bit can go a long ways, Plus, as I've said, I wouldn't know how this source code thing goes. Even if I didn't, though, they could do something else. Something productive. Granted, it's their choice, but again, my saying from before stands, should they continue considering this is a game that will fail.

And of course, you're right. It IS the developer's choice. That said, considering how transparent he has been with us, thus far, and considering he doesn't mind hearing feedback, or constructive criticism, I think we can safely say, that it wouldn't hurt to try to offer your own insights, or suggestions. A person has asked about more pantyhose, and Dilly responded saying he plans to add more. A person asked will male players be in, and he confirmed this, as well.

The bottom line, here, is that, whatever the case, it doesn't hurt to give a suggestion, or your own constructive take of things. Something good, or helpful instead of bad, and disheartening.

And that's what it boils down to: Good, or bad. Anything good instead of bad would be reassuring to the creator, but, as you may have seen from past comments, a good amount of people are showing negativity right out of the gate.

I'm not going to say you're entirely wrong, but I AM going to say that anything else is better than what we've seen from the bad comments, thus far. I'm fairly certain even you could agree with that much.

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
By default the number of bounces is quite low, around 4 I believe. I'm not sure if lowering it further would provide a significant increase. The main performance cost seems to be simply having it enabled. Fortnite is an example of Epic engineers implementing their technology at the highest level. Many consider Lumen to not yet be game-ready, due to the performance cost. But it does seem to be improving with each update. Some sacrifices will need to be made in the meantime, like micro-managing light sources as I am doing in the game

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes