VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
So I have gotten to the first choice and chose to go through the fort, upon making the choice I went a bit towards dark and it said fyuria's affection decreased.

So before I continue I must ask is the only way to romance characters through choices like these? Or is there another way as I dont want to be locked out of this girls route by accident. Just want to know so I can plan ahead.
You'd be better off playing with a guide as the game has a true ending and there aren't individual routes for each girl you just have to have a certain level of love once you reach the end of an arc to choose them.

GIlgamesh753

Mar 22, 2018
So I have gotten to the first choice and chose to go through the fort, upon making the choice I went a bit towards dark and it said fyuria's affection decreased.

So before I continue I must ask is the only way to romance characters through choices like these? Or is there another way as I dont want to be locked out of this girls route by accident. Just want to know so I can plan ahead.
Best off just using a guide as there aren't individual routes for each generation, just some exclusive scenes that appear depending on the choices you make, which can be oxymoronic and arbitrary at best. Like in gen 1 to get some Fyuria scenes you actually have to disagree with her at some point which makes her lose affection, but allows you to get more affection overall, but there is very little indication of that at all and I'm pretty sure pandering to just one girl is actually counter-intuitive and basically can cause you to miss stuff even though it relates to the girl you are pandering to.

I'm pretty sure its like this by design as the devs wanted you to run with a Harem through each generation and then pick at the end and they decided to punish you by blocking off stuff if you heavily favoured one girl.

Reactions: Trickstar

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Best off just using a guide as there aren't individual routes for each generation, just some exclusive scenes that appear depending on the choices you make, which can be oxymoronic and arbitrary at best. Like in gen 1 to get some Fyuria scenes you actually have to disagree with her at some point which makes her lose affection, but allows you to get more affection overall, but there is very little indication of that at all and I'm pretty sure pandering to just one girl is actually counter-intuitive and basically can cause you to miss stuff even though it relates to the girl you are pandering to.

I'm pretty sure its like this by design as the devs wanted you to run with a Harem through each generation and then pick at the end and they decided to punish you by blocking off stuff if you heavily favoured one girl.
Yeah this shit is weird I got passed act 1 today doing a dark route and focusing on fyuria and ended up only getting like 2 romance scenes with her (doll buying) and where you chose to help her over helping the other girl cook.

Honestly dogshit game design imo. What's the point needing to to other girl stuff to get the one you like when the whole point is to choose one.

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
What's the differences between this game and on console? Is it really uncensored? The images I saw didn't appear to be uncensored with the bath scene. Is there a mod for it?

Sorry for all them questions. I'm actually inspired by this game that I'm also making a somewhat similar plot. Generation type game. So if this game actually shows nude, I'm game. :KEK:

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
What's the differences between this game and on console? Is it really uncensored? The images I saw didn't appear to be uncensored with the bath scene. Is there a mod for it?

Sorry for all them questions. I'm actually inspired by this game that I'm also making a somewhat similar plot. Generation type game. So if this game actually shows nude, I'm game. :KEK:
From my understanding no this is not censored, 2 was massively censored because of publisher being afraid of more """modern""" views growing so used the funny enough EU version.
But Zero (prequel that came after techncially) and this were kept safe.

(Though did read some say a couple cgs were ripped out of a version I am not sure).

Keep in mind 2 technically is not needed to be played as it is own story and Zero has spoilers so should be seen as 2nd game.

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
From my understanding no this is not censored
I learned that too late, unfortunately. Lol. I already spoke with someone to make this censored in tag.

Honestly, I gave up part way in Zero. I enjoy the plot but hate the gameplay. Much rather play it in style of RPG Maker than a chess-like style.

But hey! Thanks for taking the time to let me know! Much respect to you!

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
I wonder how come there's no thread about [Agarest War Mariage] as well which is more ecchi than the other Agarest War games and it's standard turn-based RPG instead of chess-style strategy. Originally PSP game Japanese only but it finally released its PC version with English language in 2019. Also the only Agarest War game with female protagonist (you can choose gender for MC's child after his honeymoon with his wife).

What makes more ecchi is heroines' clothes disappear part by part in battle as they have more heart level towards MC if they're low of "GP". So for each heart level there's "ritual" (read: bed scene rubbing minigame) for each heroine to increase max GP before they could advance to the next heart level. GP in this game is for using skills

At the highest heart level, it strips down to their underwear. Only MC always stays clothed.
Screenshot_2021-08-15-05-38-35-15.png

Aeinhardt

Apr 27, 2020
Wait, is this the actual game? Or some parody?

I still have my xbox 360 copy, though I don't think it has any dlcs. I loved it, but it was really difficult and long. I didn't finish it, I think I was last at the 2nd descendant? The watery world.

Great story, I loved the characters.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Wait, is this the actual game? Or some parody?

I still have my xbox 360 copy, though I don't think it has any dlcs. I loved it, but it was really difficult and long. I didn't finish it, I think I was last at the 2nd descendant? The watery world.

Great story, I loved the characters.
It's the Steam port of the game with all DLCs. You probably played up to the 4th protagonist.

Reactions: Aeinhardt

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
Agarest Games.

Good concept, but in my opinion the games are unplayable. The battles are simply too long and repetitive, it gets boring quite fast.

This means that farming and/or levelling up in these games takes really really a lot of time.

If i have to grind, i want to get something out of it:

if in other games 1 hour of grind is, let's say, 50 battles. Here in these games probably 1 hour of grind is around 25 battles

Most games (even really old ones) that needs to do some grind, have battles of short or normal length (unless you are underleveled). These games take in consideration that if a player is forced to grind, the pace of the battle must be reasonably fast. So that there is a good ratio between time spent / rewards from farming.

Agarest games instead like to drag battles for the sake of pointlessly dragging them, thanks to their complex turn mechanics.

And i say complex because, for example, the whole " each character before ending a turn has to select a direction to face" is silly. It serves only the purpose to increase the time spent in each battle, since it forces you to manually do more actions per turn

In short: developers purposely made battles to be a time sink, and this does not sit well with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
The reason why I have nearly 400 hours in Agarest is not because it was a great game with high amounts of replayability, it's because I couldn't be bothered to grind, so I went into a dungeon, set battles to automate, set a water bottle on top of one of my arrow keys, and then went to sleep.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes