sappho

Aug 31, 2017
Fuck this. Got the random encounter bug, restarted the game, started the random encounter without the companions and can barely land a hit on two sabretooth tigers or whatever they are before i get ripped apart.

Edit: Managed to glitch it so one of the tigers disappearedby walking into the edge of the screen, then i was able to kill it. Hugely irritating. Triggered another random encounter almost eimmediately but companions were present which made it possible to win. Hugely irritating experience.

Last edited:

LittleVexy

Jan 3, 2018
what's new on the 0.7.6 version?
Shitload of bugs... You would think that with each version there would be fewer and fewer bugs, but no, they keep increasing...

Just some of the few things that I noticed:
- The dwarf companion dies with 1 hit in any random encounter, especially with birds.
- The companions do not load in random encounters
- In the panther random encounter, the panthers are sometimes frozen and cannot be attacked, thus leaving you in a stuck state
- This game cannot be played with keyboard, xbox controller is a must
- All enemies are way to easy to get stuck on anything, and you can easily kill them once they stuck
- When opening chests, some items WILL be dropped out of bound and you cannot pick them up
- Wearing slave outfit is very buggy, and will cause glitched character.
- Changing equipment at camp is very buggy, and will sometimes cause issues, or not persist at all.
- Force-closing the game WILL corrupt you save. I was in a bad night encounter, and had to escape, but I was not feeling like do it... so I force closed the game.
When I loaded the save, it put be back into the encounter but somehow my character lost all skills and mastery, and I had to re-learn them again...

Oveall, doesn't appear to be a whole lot of content at all... As someone who played Crian Soft previous games and LOVED THEM, this game is a whole buggy mess. Crian Soft needs to drop everything and start fixing all the bugs for the next 6 months at least before even adding any content.

Last edited:

majbu989

Feb 2, 2024
Oveall, doesn't appear to be a whole lot of content at all... As someone who played Crian Soft previous games and LOVED THEM, this game is a whole buggy mess. Crian Soft needs to drop everything and start fixing all the bugs for the next 6 months at least before even adding any content.
I played the previous games, they were fun arcade jank with a lot sexual innuendo, but from what I see from this project its a "bait them only for the shitty 3D sex scenes".

I don't know why but I feel like this game would be a lot hotter if it focused only on sex appeal/fan service type of stuff rather than shitty 3D sex loops that look like they're from 2005, its the difference between hentai and ecchi.

Reactions: LittleVexy

LittleVexy

Jan 3, 2018
I played the previous games, they were fun arcade jank with a lot sexual innuendo, but from what I see from this project its a "bait them only for the shitty 3D sex scenes".
The "fun arcade jank with a lot sexual innuendo" is why I felt in love with Crian Soft previous games :p , and I been looking toward this project... hopefully, with time, Chronicles could still be salvaged.

Reactions: Max971

Zhaiel

Sep 15, 2018
Shitload of bugs... You would think that with each version there would be fewer and fewer bugs, but no, they keep increasing...

Just some of the few things that I noticed:
- The dwarf companion dies with 1 hit in any random encounter, especially with birds.
- The companions do not load in random encounters
- In the panther random encounter, the panthers are sometimes frozen and cannot be attacked, thus leaving you in a stuck state
- This game cannot be played with keyboard, xbox controller is a must
- All enemies are way to easy to get stuck on anything, and you can easily kill them once they stuck
- When opening chests, some items WILL be dropped out of bound and you cannot pick them up
- Wearing slave outfit is very buggy, and will cause glitched character.
- Changing equipment at camp is very buggy, and will sometimes cause issues, or not persist at all.
- Force-closing the game WILL corrupt you save. I was in a bad night encounter, and had to escape, but I was not feeling like do it... so I force closed the game.
When I loaded the save, it put be back into the encounter but somehow my character lost all skills and mastery, and I had to re-learn them again...

I don't know how big their team is, but Crian Soft always seems to have a hard time fixing bugs. It happens with every single game they make. And I get it, it's not like those bugs are gonna get fixed by themselves. But I think you're totally right. They should drop everything they're doing atm, and start fixing all the bugs. Otherwise, we're gonna have to wait for a long time until they release a proper patch and make the game playable once and for all. Which kinda sucks, because I love that they're making games that you're no longer see these days. It's too bad they're too buggy to play, though.

RetroGuy

Nov 26, 2022
I don't know how big their team is
I believe it's mostly one man, he may hire someone to make music or so but he makes most hard work alone:

Christian Fanucci, the mastermind behind Crian Soft ®, is a visionary solo developer with a profound love for the Sword and Sorcery genre. With an unwavering commitment to crafting unique and engaging gameplay, Christian weaves his artistic brilliance into every aspect of game development.

I don't understand why he doesn't deal with the bugs however. They will put many people off supporting his work which is good quality in many other ways.

ravnos666

Dec 25, 2020
bugs in random clashes, opponents either do not appear or are frozen and nothing can be done to them

Sexcultist

Formerly 'mlepnosian'
Jun 8, 2022
New Build 0.7.7
Age of Barbarians Chronicles - Build v0.7.7

Hail Barbarians! The new version 0.7.7 of Age of Barbarians Chronicles is finally ready!
Any hero?? :)

Also, post from dev on :
Hail Barbarians!
Age of Barbarians Chronicles is a grand Sword & Sorcery adventure game in the purest style of the 80s. Given its considerable size, we are thrilled to announce that we are finally nearing the end of the longest phase of its development. While the game isn't finished yet, we are now entering a more rapid development phase, brimming with new content, and we couldn't be more excited about it.
Stay tuned for more updates coming soon!

Aquahutch

Feb 8, 2021
Sure:

----------------------------------------------------
Age of barbarians Chronicles

v0.7.7

Fix:
- When Ronkundar (NPC) cast the light, it didn't hook on to the staff but on to the mage's body.
- After surviving the caves of the Rat God, Boruth was still present in Gunan.
- In the escape cavern, the rooms were not loaded correctly.
- The cave of escape from capture was missing music.
- In the cavern of escape from capture there was a persistent torch noise.
- The Giant Rat attack would sometimes loop and do excessive damage.
- Coming out of the God Rat Caves, the front trees weren't tall enough.
- In the poisoned status, if the character coughed while drinking a potion, he lost it.
- In the world map, Ronkundar's portrait was missing from the dungeon selection.
- Some Zombies when moving backwards didn't collide properly with the walls and stairs of the room.
- A random cave room had a transition issue.
- Ronkundar (NPC) didn't save the experience advancements.
- The animation of the piles of coins coming out of the chests was glitched.
- When Xodan was holding the torch, or was in Gunan, some helmets weren't represented correctly.
- After using the "services" of the tavern Xodan remained Freeze.
- Entering the tavern, the music didn't stop and vice versa.
- Daytime Bonefire, some Xodan helmets were unrepresented.
- With the screen zoomed in, Xodan's hand indicator went out of alignment.
- The coins in the bosses' chests were sometimes unreachable.
- The hand cursor didn't reposition when it became invisible.
- Player 2's hand indicator was sometimes visible even in single player.
- Some other minor glitches fixed.

New contents & Update:
- Ronkundar (NPC) now casts light at the beginning of all dungeons (WIP).
- Reduced the damage of giant snail vomit.
- (WIP) Updated part of the clip introducing the Rat God Caverns.
- Added life indicator to Karnor's tentacle monster.
- Improved the graphics of the backgrounds of the third Rogak's lair.
- Xodan God Strike: Now when it strikes it emits light and there's a thunder-like sound.
- Voice of defeated Ronkundar dubbed.
- The Gorlo Life Points (NPCs) were increased.
- Random Caverns: Added new room for vampire bats.
- Enlarged the fonts of the environment descriptions.
- The random dungeon scipts have been improved.
- Increased gem values: Opal: 30 Gur; Ruby: 50 Gur; Emerald: 70 Gur; Diamond: 100 Gur.
- Boruth's first dialogue is now fully spoken.
- Increased the value of piles of coins to 25 Gur.
- Ronkundar's save clip dubbed and remastered.
- Subtitles in all languages were added to Ronkundar's save clip.
- Completed the first Clip where Boruth welcomes the Kings and assigns them their first Quest.
- Completed and remastered in (QHD) the Bad Night 'captured by the ape man' clip.
- Completed and remastered in (QHD) the Bad Night 'captured by Rogaks' clip.
- Completed and remastered in (QHD) the Bad Night 'captured by soldiers' clip.
- Yanah's nightmare clip completed. It comes in two versions - censored and uncensored.
- Completed the clip of the shaman Rogak summoning a monster of the God Karnor.
- Video clip of the sex scene between Xodan and one of the rescued Maiden, redone.

Aquahutch

Feb 8, 2021
I'm already finding more game breaking bugs. I had a Bad Night where I woke up before getting captured but no enemies spawned to fight, so I was just stuck.
Catacombs still have rooms that are mostly a black void.
Still no health pickups in the pottery so some areas are still tough to get through
After a catacomb boss fight, some of the treasure flies into the background where you can't get to it.

Not complaining, but I'm also not optimistic about day 1 release.

Reactions: Sexcultist

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
It seems the dev breaks more tings than he fixes each release. His previous game was relatively better, I completed it (and the DLCs) without any game breaking glitches.

Personally I think the dev got too greedy and ambitious. 10$ for playtesting a buggy WIP game is asking too much. Should reduce it to 2$ or 3$. And don't think the comments on patreon are about bug reports. And the "innovation" of the pseudo 3d movement adds nothing to this game, eside making some enemies very annoying to deal with (spiders, rats).

A shame. I really like the worldbuilding and art style.

Reactions: culillo1882
2.40 star(s) 13 Votes