RPGM Completed Agent Karen ~ Undercover Investigation of the Dark Organization [v1.0] [yaminabedaiichikantai]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
damn this is the plot of so many JAV
At least Japanese have the "excuse" of their culture which promotes getting inspiration from blatantly copying whatever is successful (with some slight adjustments, to avoid copyright issues) rather than risk coming up with something original. Regarding games, that would be Zelda, FF, DQ, FGO, Pokemon, etc.

Most Western ero game authors just copy DAZ slideshows with dumb stories and gameplay... because they are lazy and it's successful on Patreon, I guess ?

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
At least Japanese have the "excuse" of their culture which promotes getting inspiration from blatantly copying whatever is successful (with some slight adjustments, to avoid copyright issues) rather than risk coming up with something original. Regarding games, that would be Zelda, FF, DQ, FGO, Pokemon, etc.

Most Western ero game authors just copy DAZ slideshows with dumb stories and gameplay... because they are lazy and it's successful on Patreon, I guess ?
Doing good quality renders, with custom outfits and gear is a major major time and effort sink, depending on your pc and what you are wanting to render you can easily spend a few days doing each render.

Custom clothing and what no is even worse, you could depending on what you want to do, spend weeks doing one outfit then still have to do the renders with them, and that is even if the person doing those things knows how to create the outfits in the first place, and while blender is free for the most part, it is not an easy program to learn, as most places that teach 3d modeling and graphic work use 3dmax, which except in certain situations is not free and cost about $1k or something like that the last time I looked at it. Sure you can get a load of free assets from various places, but in that case you must be damn sure of the licence that goes with those assets, in other words time and effort, lost of time and effort.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Doing good quality renders, with custom outfits and gear is a major major time and effort sink, depending on your pc and what you are wanting to render you can easily spend a few days doing each render.
I'm not saying the contrary, but if game authors spend time and efforts on getting the graphics part right, why not do the same about the core of what makes a game a game, namely some enjoyable gameplay and/or story (if it's a VN) ? Hopefully sometimes in the future the mindset among players will switch to a point where most will be fed up with the saturation of "games with just graphics, that are never finished because it takes time to produce the renders". I already am.

In any case, as interesting as it could be (your feedback/reply as Western game author/artist is of course welcome), this thread is probably not the place to have this kind of discussion, so I'll stop here. I just wanted to react to the "everything Japanese is always the same" comment (which is also true, to some extent).

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Good job on finishing this Meowstrophe! Glad to see you finally were able to finish the translation. Look forward to trying it.

May 28, 2019

Hopefully sometimes in the future the mindset among players will switch to a point where most will be fed up with the saturation of "games with just graphics, that are never finished because it takes time to produce the renders". I already am.
Or as you can see from the plenty of MTL on the site, yes people are just lazy and want a quick fap. If a good portion of the community want to go for, and even pay for, low hanging fruits, then yeah low-effort DAZ games or MTL will always exist unfortunately. Just the suppliers responding to the consumers.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
I mean, this is also true for drawn 2D assets and you also don't have the luxury of reusing a 3d model. Quality work no matter the medium is a major time and effort sink, but if you care about your reputation as a creator, it's worth it.

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
I actually like the game play. It's very bare bones of course, but I prefer this sort of layout if it means that devs don't have to spend time creating the rooms in RPGM. Plus they can also create dozens of events that spawn randomly on each map, so making very organic and unique adventures.

Too bad it's just not fleshed out fully right now, but I would love to see a longer and more elaborate game in this style.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Another i had on my list, yall some quick one's lol awesome upload :D:D:D:cool:

AnonBone

Jul 28, 2017
Quite a decent translation, kudos to the translator!
We need more translations like this instead of those broken untouched MTL ones.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote