AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
MMMMMMonster and a new experience for Catwoman (I think), I only had a quick look at 0.8.

@AgentsOfHeels - Hope all goes well. Game is coming on well from my perspective. I can see you are in full on story telling mode at the min with this game. Only comment on this version is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good point; I'll have to balance all "pending" variables I have since I tend to be a bit loose. I think it's more fair than being too restrictive but you're right; should be some sort of follow-up to those too.

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
You sure about that? ;)
Unless you are talking about the hot HJ scene with the General... yep.
The kidnapped route ended with Maeda promising to call you sometime in the future... and this doesn't happen.
And in the captured route there is not a follow-up to your second visit to the club...

Maybe you were talking about the three possible choices with Catwoman and the monster...

Reactions: AgentsOfHeels

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Unless you are talking about the hot HJ scene with the General... yep.
The kidnapped route ended with Maeda promising to call you sometime in the future... and this doesn't happen.
And in the captured route there is not a follow-up to your second visit to the club...

Maybe you were talking about the three possible choices with Catwoman and the monster...
Yes; yes I was. 0.9 has an exclusive scene to bad nat following the catwoman path yes.

All Maeda "pending" stuff will come into play soon, don't worry. As Dracis3D said I needed to get some stuff out early so the player is not completely lost and chasing ghosts for so long. Me and spook have been going nuts lately trying to decide what bits of the story we give and at what point so secondary scenes have taken a step back for a bit. If any particular path is being posponed doesn't mean is abandoned; it just means that we needed to give you some info first and push the story a bit further.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Me and spook have been going nuts lately trying to decide what bits of the story we give and at what point so secondary scenes have taken a step back for a bit.
Getting the main story sorted makes sense to me, especially as it will impact how many stat building secondary scenes you will need (or not).

Zerokyl

Aug 26, 2017
what to open? Winrar and 7 zip do not open, the archive is not found or damaged. Lay out who does not have an unzipped version of the game, please.

Zed

Feb 15, 2017
Some good stuff here but the saving etc needs work. it's also odd how there's no clear path but if you don't do things in an exact order then you can miss out on everything. first playthrough i got to day 8 or whatever and the game finished before I'd done any of the real story and 80% of the content. make it linear or make sure that time/day don't matter.

alu98

Jun 18, 2018
Some good stuff here but the saving etc needs work. it's also odd how there's no clear path but if you don't do things in an exact order then you can miss out on everything. first playthrough i got to day 8 or whatever and the game finished before I'd done any of the real story and 80% of the content. make it linear or make sure that time/day don't matter.
exactly

I had the same issue

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
This has been discussed over and over; even in this thread. The number of days is fixed during development because it has to. We will be doing scenes that will pop up on an exact day number and we can't have every player in a different day knowing this will be like that because it would mean killing the save files every time we do so.

Imagine your save file is at day 57 and we make Mission2 at Day10 ...

When the game is done or when we are sure no more scenes will be 'day number restricted' we will unlock the number of days restriction and let it be played forever at whatever pase you like ;)

Save files is something we are working on. We have the GUI ready and we got it communicating with the files themselves; we just need to find a bit of time to make it all work.

Reactions: UncleVT

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
renders are perfect just miss one thing animation :)
I'm with you buddy; it's one of our goals for the future but we can't invest so much into it until I have a better setup for it.

I've done a lot of tests in that regard and it takes me around a day for a high quality animation. Something like 1 to 2 hours to set up; 3 to 8 to render plus 1 to 2 to pospro each frame and make the animation.

As you can see it's something we have in consideration; but we don't wanna fall into the 2-5 frames cheap animations we could be doing right now. If we do it; we do it big, as everything else we try to do ;)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit so far.

One suggestion is to have a native English speaker proof read and clean up the dialog and text. The English is pretty good but there are also lots of mistakes. Cleaning this up would make the game even better and feel more polished.

One thing that puzzles me is the Central Bank robbery. We show up and I kill the guy holding the brief case and then a military vehicle breaks through the police car barricade and the robbers haul out the dead guy and the brief case. So the robbers (at least some of them and the important documents) got away. The military vehicle is loud and makes lots of noise. It is slow and no one, neither myself, nor the swat team attempts to pursue.

We then have a celebration (???) that evening with the swat team and those who participated in the bank raid. This doesn't make sense at all. The only thing we accomplished is saving the hostages and killing most of the robbers. The important documents got stolen. Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your hard work and efforts on this game! :)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
The game has a skill system but it really is of no use to anyone. The events are fixed regardless of your skills. The skills should really be used throughout the game play.

Near the beginning of the game you have the option to either kick the door in to the warehouse or pick the lock. You could have a skill check for both, Strength/Power for kicking the door in and Agility/Intelligence for picking the lock. If you fail one of them you are forced to choose the other and if you fail both you are locked out.

For example, during the Central Bank robbery, there could be a skill check to see if you hit the guy holding the brief case. Show the skill check results - Pass or Fail. If you fail you miss him and he gets picked up by the military vehicle alive instead of dead.

Another example is your first encounter with the monster. When you try and dodge the monster tackling you an Agility skill check should be made. If you fail he tackles you and you get messed up or killed. There should also be a skill check with your gun shot to the monster's abdomen - Pass or Fail. So you would end up having to make two successful skill checks in order for the monster to flee and you end up saving Cat from the monster.

Another example is when you are dancing at the bar during the celebration after the Central Bank robbery. You could make both an Endurance check to stay in the competition till the end and also a Charm and Agility check to either tie the competition or even win it.

Skills that are used and matter would make the game even more enjoyable!

Currently the game plays more like a Visual Novel instead of having true RPG elements with skills that are used throughout the game.

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The game has a skill system but it really is of no use to anyone. The events are fixed regardless of your skills. The skills should really be used throughout the game play.

For example, during the Central Bank robbery, there could be a skill check to see if you hit the guy holding the brief case. Show the skill check results - Pass or Fail. If you fail you miss him and he gets picked up by the military vehicle alive instead of dead.

Another example is your first encounter with the monster. When you try and dodge the monster tackling you an Agility skill check should be made. If you fail he tackles you and you get messed up or killed. There should also be a skill check with your gun shot to the monster's abdomen - Pass or Fail. So you would end up having to make two successful skill checks in order for the monster to flee and you end up saving Cat from the monster.

Another example is when you are dancing at the bar during the celebration after the Central Bank robbery. You could make both an Endurance check to stay in the competition till the end and also a Charm and Agility check to either tie the competition or even win it.

Currently the game plays more like a Visual Novel instead of having true RPG elements.
Hi ! First of all; thanks for the kind words, I'm happy youre enjoying it.

Regarding language: I partnered with Spook (english native speaker) a while back (long while) so further on in the game you'll see a massive improvement in the writing. We plan on rewriting the stuff I wrote (half the game or so) but we still haven't.

Second: you might not know it yet (SPOILERS) but you assume everyone's aware something was stolen from the bank. Maybe whoever was stolen from didn't make a formal complain to the police so the robbery was actually a fail... officially that is... thus the party afterwards.

Third: Yes; you are right; it plays as a Visual Novel with some rpg elements but that is working as intended. It is not focused at all around the stats (actually we are considering removing the dark side of them) but we still do want to have a few checks here and there. We don't intend in including nearly as many stat-checks as you mentioned; it's flowing with the story instead of random stat checks and we like that.

We will have a few more but it'll be scarce; like they are right now; rewarding the player that does take the time to train them but not constantly punishing the one that does not.

Reactions: wx448

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Hi ! First of all; thanks for the kind words, I'm happy youre enjoying it.

Regarding language: I partnered with Spook (english native speaker) a while back (long while) so further on in the game you'll see a massive improvement in the writing. We plan on rewriting the stuff I wrote (half the game or so) but we still haven't.

Second: you might not know it yet (SPOILERS) but you assume everyone's aware something was stolen from the bank. Maybe whoever was stolen from didn't make a formal complain to the police so the robbery was actually a fail... officially that is... thus the party afterwards.

Third: Yes; you are right; it plays as a Visual Novel with some rpg elements but that is working as intended. It is not focused at all around the stats (actually we are considering removing the dark side of them) but we still do want to have a few checks here and there. We don't intend in including nearly as many stat-checks as you mentioned; it's flowing with the story instead of random stat checks and we like that.

We will have a few more but it'll be scarce; like they are right now; rewarding the player that does take the time to train them but not constantly punishing the one that does not.
Thank you for the response!

It makes sense that swat wasn't aware of the stolen files in the brief case, only AOH. So the swat and police view it as a win. That now makes sense. However, you really need to give a reason for the police, swat, and yourself for not pursing the robbers. They did destroy two police cars in the process. You could say that they are too heavily armed and it would endanger citizens if you got into a shootout on the city streets or some other reason.

Example:

Agent: "The robbers are getting away in the military vehicle with the stolen files, should I pursue?"
AOH: "No, it is too dangerous to get into a shootout on public streets. They are too heavily armed, fallback."
Agent: "But what about the stolen files? I can chase them down!"
AOH: "Stand down agent, we can't risk bullets flying through the city streets and you end up getting killed. It's not worth the risk."
Agent: "Roger that, standing down."

Reactions: Axer Hell

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Thank you for the response!

It makes sense that swat wasn't aware of the stolen files in the brief case, only AOH. So the swat and police view it as a win. That now makes sense. However, you really need to give a reason for the police, swat, and yourself for not pursing the robbers. They did destroy two police cars in the process. You could say that they are too heavily armed and it would endanger citizens if you got into a shootout on the city streets or some other reason.

Example:

Agent: "The robbers are getting away in the military vehicle with the stolen files, should I pursue?"
AOH: "No, it is too dangerous to get into a shootout on public streets. They are too heavily armed, fallback."
Agent: "But what about the stolen files? I can chase them down!"
AOH: "Stand down agent, we can't risk bullets flying through the city streets and you end up getting killed. It's not worth the risk."
Agent: "Roger that, standing down."
I guess I could; we shall see what we do when we go through that rewriting content.

I see it as a superhero movie tho; where those things are common; a villain that kisses goodbye and runs away just a few meters from the protagonist and he doesn't even bother to chase.

Or a mod-way movie fight where the hero is knocked by a single punch; whiole in the final battle he can withstand dozens. I mean some things are... just cause :)

Reactions: Axer Hell

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
To me it's like; not a soul mentions that the bad guy got away and took our critical files with him. Oh, and by the way, let's have a party. I think it adds to the player's character to want to pursue the enemy and be talked out of it. Her personality seems over-eager about everything.

It's your game and you have full autonomy with it's direction. I do really appreciate you viewing this forum and answering player feedback! Most developers could care less. That means a lot to many players on this site! :)

I disagree with you on the skill system and feel it is a mistake but that is my opinion. I think you should either do it right or don't do it at all. Either leave it as a pure visual novel and remove the skill system or do it right and add an RPG feel to the game, using the skill system frequently with success and failures. One of the player reviews mentions this also. It's like teasing players with a feature and then not delivering on the feature and barely doing anything with it. Again, my opinion. Opinions will vary.

Thank you very much for your replies and for your hard work on this excellent game! Keep up the great work! When I finish the game I will leave an honest review. :)

3.90 star(s) 33 Votes