Agents of L.O.K.I. Active Development

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Unfortunately not yet, I've tried to contact my friend multiple times but it appears that college kicked her ass more then I thought so she's been trying to de-stress more then anything. Which is understandable, but still a bit of a set-back.
I've talked to them a bit more, they said it's due to the fact that it's getting close for them to finish up their course, and they should be a bit more available once June 14th passes (if they pass their course).

Master Alaric

Jul 12, 2018
I've talked to them a bit more, they said it's due to the fact that it's getting close for them to finish up their course, and they should be a bit more available once June 14th passes (if they pass their course).
Sooooo... Did they pass their courses?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
I can bet this new Loki series is giving you guys lots of ideas!
It really has, i've been watching it as they release episodes and it's giving me all kinds of insight for different things we can do for the future, some involving the TVA itself potentially, with maybe a joke of "You really didn't think you actually managed a singular timeline? No, fools, there are an uncountable amount of timelines out there that exist to the point that your time lizards can't even manage to corral them all if they did it until time stopped existing! What your silly little reptiles actually did was corral a small section of the multiverse, cordone it off completely under their control, and as a result pissed off some very powerful entities. Fortunately, those entities are too busy managing literally everything else in the known multiversal, well, multiverse! So you all in your little section of reality get to live, but it seems you falsely believe you rule it. Well luckily I'm here to show you how to really rule something >: )"

And then that can lead into MCU type stuff, rather then just pure comics and using MCU content as just alt costumes.

Oct 31, 2019
It really has, i've been watching it as they release episodes and it's giving me all kinds of insight for different things we can do for the future, some involving the TVA itself potentially, with maybe a joke of "You really didn't think you actually managed a singular timeline? No, fools, there are an uncountable amount of timelines out there that exist to the point that your time lizards can't even manage to corral them all if they did it until time stopped existing! What your silly little reptiles actually did was corral a small section of the multiverse, cordone it off completely under their control, and as a result pissed off some very powerful entities. Fortunately, those entities are too busy managing literally everything else in the known multiversal, well, multiverse! So you all in your little section of reality get to live, but it seems you falsely believe you rule it. Well luckily I'm here to show you how to really rule something >: )"

And then that can lead into MCU type stuff, rather then just pure comics and using MCU content as just alt costumes.
it would be awesome if your loki tries to resemble tom hiddleston, both in appearance and behaviour

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
it would be awesome if your loki tries to resemble tom hiddleston, both in appearance and behaviour
Absolutely, writing wise i'm going to be trying to keep it similar in the combo of seriousness + comedic from MCU with the same personality if I can, if slightly more twisted for the purposes of the game and it's content. Appearance wise we'll have to see once Bee does the test concept arts in a month or so.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
As a casual who is not specifically into comics, I feel like Marvel is quite lacking in terms of iconic female characters when we compare it to DC. Pretty much the entire catalogue of well known females in Marvel comes from X-Men (+Black Widow).

Sep 21, 2020
As a casual who is not specifically into comics, I feel like Marvel is quite lacking in terms of iconic female characters when we compare it to DC. Pretty much the entire catalogue of well known females in Marvel comes from X-Men (+Black Widow).
I agree that most marvel heroines aren't household names. I believe that's because marvel's tv shows and movies over the years have either been focused on male characters (such as spider-man, ghost rider, and the hulk), or been too terrible/obscure for the mainstream audience to grow attatched to (e.g. Elecktra, Cloak and Dagger, that Avengers show from the 90's). So that just leaves the X-men.

Reactions: desmosome

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
I agree, I myself aren't much of a comic reader in actuality, most if not all of my comic knowledge comes from Wiki and my friends lol. Other then that my knowledge came from the movies, shows, and video games. However, while reading up on this universe it's given me incentive to read certain comic arcs and issue lines which is neat. I've discovered that there's way more male and female heroes and villains then you'll see in the shows, cartoons, games and movies, but aren't generally touched on, though sometimes they're referenced.

Like for example, Enchantress not existing in the MCU, but she's a major player in comics and is Loki's right hand woman in most things. Or Morgan Le Fay, one of, if not the, strongest spellcasters that can put even Dr Strange to shame and has waged war on entire countries and nearly won each time (like when she took over the City of the Dead and waged war across all of Europe with her undead army).

There's a lot of characters not touched on that are awesome, like the entirety of Venoms family lineage that he himself birthed, the various different Sorcerer Supremes before Doctor Strange, the multiple other Dimensional beings, etc etc.

Reactions: desmosome

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Can't wait for the final Loki episodes, especially since I just remembered that Mysterio in Far From Home called their universe Earth-616, and him being from Earth-833. I'm thinking of switching that around since, well, it's Mysterio and he was a fraud, the Loki from our game being from a different one, but based fairly close to 616 aside from his, obvious, deviant taste.

Then utilizing the stuff we learn from the Loki series, cause so far episode 4 has turned a lot on it's head and i'm gonna watch episode 5 here in a bit.

Also the soundtrack is just badass as all get out, christ i've never paid attention to soundtracks really but Loki's got me feeling a special kinda way xD

Reactions: sexypeanut

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Finished the finale holy crap. Looking forward to more of that and the new movie releases, alongside integrating this kind of lore in some kind of meaningful way for the game!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was kind of hoping for more of a Dr. Who-starring-Loki sort of show, but the show we got was pretty entertaining.

It sounds like you guys are having trouble finding an artist for your game. Have you considered going with a more text based format (like Strive for Power, for instance) and/or using placeholder art until you find an artist?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was kind of hoping for more of a Dr. Who-starring-Loki sort of show, but the show we got was pretty entertaining.

It sounds like you guys are having trouble finding an artist for your game. Have you considered going with a more text based format (like Strive for Power, for instance) and/or using placeholder art until you find an artist?
We're already planning to use placeholder art so far, the main reason not much progress has been made recently is because I've been moving from motel to motel to find a place to live for the last 2 months, but finally have a home now.

Last edited:

Septagram

May 22, 2021
We're already planning to use placeholder art so far, the main reason not much progress has been made recently is because I've been moving from motel to motel to find a place to live for the last 2 months, but finally have a home now.
Good, everyone needs a place to live. I'm glad for you, and I will be rooting for you!

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Good, everyone needs a place to live. I'm glad for you, and I will be rooting for you!
Thanks! It's a bit tiring and exhausting sleeping on air mattress until we can afford to get me a bed, but otherwise it's been going pretty decently!

Also in more relevant news, while I was away our lovely programmer Symph was redoing the entire code base and recently finished it up, which is nice! Now they're working on stuff that'll track how much each heroine is worth and the next night system so that it counts up money regularly and the like!

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Any way to have an eye of what you have done for now?
Mainly just on the patreon, and from my previous posts. The Patreon has a livestate download open for 10$ tier patrons, but that hardly has much with it still, since right now it's just placeholders and work to get the basis for everything done. All credible progress will be made as Patreon posts though, which are open to everyone for free, alongside basically anything progress wise being posted about here (or the official thread once version 0.1 is out and about).

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
There's gonna be a bit of a slowdown code-wise for a month or so, Symph got drafted into a month long group project so it's going to take a while before they can devote focus to this again.

• Sad
Reactions: sexypeanut