Others Completed Airport Security [v1.0.0] [ablackcatman]

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Some suggestions:

1) Sandbox mode. You could have unlimited number of citizens per each level and no game-over (though you'd still get reprimanded but otherwise no gulug :p). Though, I would only advise this when you have enough levels to justify this. There are several ways to go about this: it may have all levels, it may only have levels that you have already completed, or the mode may only be enabled once you finished all levels available (whenever new levels are added, this may or may not be reset).

2) Planting incriminating evidence on citizens to justify their detention. Don't ask me how that would be accomplished but let's say that some citizens are "national security threats" not necessarily based on what they carried but rather what "dangerous" ideas they possessed in their mind and which they communicate them to the populace in the country that threatened the country's moral fabric.

3) Not all of people entering the airport may necessarily be citizens. In this case, arresting a foreigner may or may not lead to a diplomatic mess that the state had to clean up and you would be sent to gulag or simply fired.

4) A screw-up don't always necessarily lead to the gulag. Depending on the type of authoritarian government, on the time the game is set in, and the composition of state leadership, it may actually simply lead to termination of employment, demotion, or even reprimand (if this is first or second time the screw-up was done). In real-life history, gulag was generally reserved for political prisoners, though it had much broader application during Stalinist era but that scope was gradually tightened under post-Stalinist leadership, especially beginning with Khrushchev.

5) In following the thinking in #4, I would suggest that there be a greater context in terms of time and settings. Maybe you could have difficulty modes that corresponded to different time and setting:
- Hard mode would correspond to Stalinist era with consequences being gulag on first screw-up.
- Medium mode would correspond to post-Stalinist era with consequences being demotion on first two screw-ups followed by game-over termination of employment.
- Easy mode would correspond to Glasnost era with consequences being same as above except you get much greater number of allowable screw-ups (with first two resulting in reprimands and the rest resulting in demotions), possibly followed by game-over termination of employment. You may or may not have to pay bribes to remain employed (see #6 below). Bribes are reflective of greater corruption that were so prevalent in the Glasnost era.

6) If we were to have demotion as a consequence, then we might consider adding the monetary mechanic to reflect that since a demotion would result in lower pay. If bribery to remain employed are added as a mechanic, then game-over termination of employment may only trigger if you have insufficient funds to pay bribes or if number of screw-ups overall exceeded a certain limit. Each bribery may cost increasing amount. Demotion mechanic also mean we could add ranks, such as Lieutenant and Inspector, based on number of levels you successfully completed. Each rank may require increasing number of levels completed to attain (or re-attain if you were demoted), with each rank paying more.

Anyway, these are my thoughts but I think this game have potential.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Hmm, dumb idea which may work very well as videogame. :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Hmm, dumb idea which may work very well as videogame. :)
i'd say it could be pretty nice.
imagine you add a bit of story as you play as an police officer or whatever they are named.
and you make your everyday job and "enjoying" it that way.

with a sweet story lore behind you can maybe change between airport around the world, starting in a small airport and ending in a giant one like Beijing one XD

"My favorite part of this job is to check the plane's Stewardess..." -MC

Reactions: ShamanLab

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
imagine you add a bit of story as you play as an police officer or whatever they are named.
and you make your everyday job and "enjoying" it that way.
Yeap... need kind of mystery or detective intrigue for each female model.
Separate it to cases or chapters and voila... fresh and intriguing voyeur, investigation, striptease and humiliation mix! :)

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes