Qmotion

May 14, 2017
For those having bug issues with the save system try this:

"DO NOT PLACE THE GAME IN YOUR C (WINDOWS INSTALLATION) DRIVE, YOU MIGHT HAVE PERMISSION ISSUES DUE TO OUR ADVANCED SAVE SYSTEM, WE WILL START RELEASING TWO VERSIONS, ONE WITH THE ADVANCED SAVE SYSTEM, ONE WITHOUT FOR PEOPLE WHO MIGHT ONLY HAVE ONE DRIVE".

They put this on their Patreon earlier today.
''Advanced save system.'' More like advanced in bugs yeah lol.

Reactions: tibasu

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
@7767 the official walk through is here:

It only goes up to 0.87 at the moment

Link to that rather than putting a mega link in the OP as you won't need to keep updating it and the mega link won't go dead.

For everyone requesting a walk through, the link above is in the FAQ contained in the game folder. :whistle:

I've had the deleted save game issue, it started when my laptop ran low on battery and went to sleep. To fix it I just had to exit the game completely and reload my last save. As with any in development game you should be saving often, at least once a day. If you have to replay content just hold down ctrl during any dialog and it will skip through all the text and stop at any decision points. (I'm windows 10 and have the latest updates).

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
''Advanced save system.'' More like advanced in bugs yeah lol.
It displays a picture of your exact position on the map, displays your main stats and tells you which route you're on and allows up to 100 saves instead of the original 10 I think? So in comparison to most or the default I'd say it's pretty advanced.

Considering Windows is the one who's messing up your permissions for no reason (and there's plenty of Steam games that suffer from the same evil) I fail to see how the bug is their fault. L2READ and switch the driver you put the folder on yeah lol

This save system is a utter mess. It doesn't save, it doesn't load it's fcked up.
Again, it's your computer not letting you save. Go cry to Microsoft. The loading never had any issues, I don't know what you're complaining about. Make a video or take a screenshot of the bug when the game doesn't allow you to load and maybe we can help you fix it. Right now much like that witcher guy I call whiny kid bullshit.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
It takes a screenshot, displays your stats and tells you which route you're on so in comparison to most or the default I'd say it's pretty advanced. Considering Windows is the one who's messing up your permissions for no reason (and there's plenty of Steam games that suffer from the same evil) I fail to see how the bug is their fault.
Plenty of Rpgm games take screen shots at save points and give various stats on the save screen. It would be more helpful to show those stats in a menu somewhere in the game. I was trying to find the love/lust etc stats for ages in the menu's before giving up. Doing something differently doesn't make it better, its not like there isn't a pre-built stats menu in RPGM or anything....

If the game isn't optimised to work with one the major operating systems (including any of its issues) then the Devs should be working to fix it. I've not had it impact any other programme or game i play. It doesn't sound like an isolated issue, but I'm not going to take a poll or anything. If anything i'm more likely to just mute you as you filling up this forum with pointless fanboyism.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
SaIdxDG[1].png

You mean that over the clock? It shows as soon as you press escape or open the menu. :sneaky:

The pre-built stats menu for RPG maker is only decent if you're playing a fighting RPG which is not the case since they're usually tied to database values.

Also most RPGM games that I know that do nearly as much as this save menu does are all using the same save system. None of them names your saves or puts them in a separate folder which I'm pretty sure it's what's causing all these permission issues.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
So I assume what's been happening with saves is that peoples get deleted when they hit save, right?
Well that's been happening to me.
But I've found that if you just hit save over and over again it'll eventually work...that's one weird ass bug.
You might have to move to another slot to do it however so be aware.

Note that this very rarely seems to work, sometimes it'll work after like 3 tries, sometimes it takes like 15...but don't be an idiot like me and bash it really fast or you might miss the one that worked...

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah it's very odd and I have absolutely no idea why people have been saying it's some computers rather than the game itself.
I have literally never experienced this specific sort of save issue and I've played hundreds of RPGM games that all worked fine other than genuinely broken games.
You don't need a beast PC to run RPG Maker...
There definitely seems to be something wrong with various triggers in the game I've been playing on totally fresh saves and have got locked in areas many times, for instance in the hospital route the locker just didn't do anything.

I'm not mad at the developers or anything just so you know, the game isn't done yet so whatever, just the concept that it's not the games design causing problems like this makes zero sense, not when so many people are reporting issues and every single one will have a different build.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Yeah it's very odd and I have absolutely no idea why people have been saying it's some computers rather than the game itself.
I have literally never experienced this specific sort of save issue and I've played hundreds of RPGM games that all worked fine other than genuinely broken games.
You don't need a beast PC to run RPG Maker...
There definitely seems to be something wrong with various triggers in the game I've been playing on totally fresh saves and have got locked in areas many times, for instance in the hospital route the locker just didn't do anything.

I'm not mad at the developers or anything just so you know, the game isn't done yet so whatever, just the concept that it's not the games design causing problems like this makes zero sense, not when so many people are reporting issues and every single one will have a different build.
He posted an exact quote from the post at the top of this page. You've been trolled.

The current fix for that is not placing the game folder in the same drive as your windows installation. That instantly fixes it.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
He posted an exact quote from the post at the top of this page. You've been trolled.

The current fix for that is not placing the game folder in the same drive as your windows installation. That instantly fixes it.
Trolled? I was just talking generally not necessarily to the guy above my post, a few people have been talking about it. Hopefully they've fixed it by the full release.
At least there's a CG room for the event that they don't though.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Well, the bug goes away when you switch drives. At this point if you get hit with a bug it's kinda on you :sneaky:

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
just stopping by to say that as a Corruption and NTR fan, i am ashamed im only discovering this one now.

Game is huge, there is no point it feels repetitive, situations are always surprising. Overall amazing.

Could use some tweaks on bugs and some stuff... But wow, this is an 11/10 game

Supporting this is completely deserved

Davox

Jul 15, 2017

No it doesn't I was getting that bug and my game isn't in my c: drive.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
I can't extract the file, is it because 7z type?
Very likely. Download 7Zip.

No it doesn't I was getting that bug and my game isn't in my c: drive.
Same drive as windows, not necessarily C. If you don't have the game in the same drive as windows and you're getting the bug I don't know what to tell you. It fixed the issue for the few people who had it on Discord.

Qmotion

May 14, 2017
It displays a picture of your exact position on the map, displays your main stats and tells you which route you're on and allows up to 100 saves instead of the original 10 I think? So in comparison to most or the default I'd say it's pretty advanced.

Considering Windows is the one who's messing up your permissions for no reason (and there's plenty of Steam games that suffer from the same evil) I fail to see how the bug is their fault. L2READ and switch the driver you put the folder on yeah lol

Again, it's your computer not letting you save. Go cry to Microsoft. The loading never had any issues, I don't know what you're complaining about. Make a video or take a screenshot of the bug when the game doesn't allow you to load and maybe we can help you fix it. Right now much like that witcher guy I call whiny kid bullshit.
I can save in all rpg games except this one. How is it my OS when i can't even click the save button in this game. I don't need to make an entire video about it. It is very simple. It DOESN'T save. And no it's not my systems fault.

4.10 star(s) 84 Votes