Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Shall I remove all other or just add?
Needed to remove 3 old ones anyways (or it was above the max of 27). Tell me if I should remove all other old ones. If not I'll just leave it like it is now.
Just remove the old ones! thanks!

Reactions: Bob69

JustJerkin

Mar 10, 2023
game keeps freezing after I do Hospital handjob scene then visit the Police Station at night for the (I'm assuming) first follow up with Flint.. Is this a bad combination or is it bugged there for some reason? It freezes the next day, I go downstairs, then the rest icon on the couch gets replaced by Robert even though it's a weekday and Ayame turns to face the wall and can't move... anyone have this happen? lol I'll probably try not multi-tasking paths but I just wanted to be quicker about getting through all the scenes

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
why wouldn't the developer include the font he uses in the game? I mean, isn't it obvious to include it if it's required?

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
game keeps freezing after I do Hospital handjob scene then visit the Police Station at night for the (I'm assuming) first follow up with Flint.. Is this a bad combination or is it bugged there for some reason? It freezes the next day, I go downstairs, then the rest icon on the couch gets replaced by Robert even though it's a weekday and Ayame turns to face the wall and can't move... anyone have this happen? lol I'll probably try not multi-tasking paths but I just wanted to be quicker about getting through all the scenes
What version are you playing? and do you have a save file please share it, then I can check into it.
(If its Joiplay I can't really do much, just a FYI.)

TheHalfWit

Oct 8, 2022
Why are my pictures of such low quality? i play DLC f5 not working
Left alt+enter will get you fullscreen. Though I'd recommend instead. Fullscreen and crisp looking text in one easy to use free tool. Anime4k is the upscaler I tested this with, though with some RPGM games it needs a different upscale setting.

First image is with just left alt+enter, and the second image is using magpie to upscale the game.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 062936.png
Screenshot 2024-03-14 062816.png

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
Left alt+enter will get you fullscreen. Though I'd recommend instead. Fullscreen and crisp looking text in one easy to use free tool. Anime4k is the upscaler I tested this with, though with some RPGM games it needs a different upscale setting.

First image is with just left alt+enter, and the second image is using magpie to upscale the game.

View attachment 3441634
View attachment 3441636
Thanks a lot, this works well, tried it on the main game and for some reason the game window got reduced, is there any option in magpie to make the game fit to screen?

TheHalfWit

Oct 8, 2022
Thanks a lot, this works well, tried it on the main game and for some reason the game window got reduced, is there any option in magpie to make the game fit to screen?
That's what I meant when i said it sometimes needs different upscale setting on some games.

Adding in an effect with scaling can help you scale it the rest of the way. Nearest was what I tried first, but then I found anime4k_3d_upscale also scaled it up.

They do have a list of effects, and what each one does. It's a bit... confusing to use, and I'm probably not using it optimally either since I haven't found a guide that adequately explains it all. Instead I kind of just throw effects at any game that seems... excessively low resolution until I find a combination that satisfies me.

, Scaling is needed to output display resolution. It isn't the most user friendly tool, but its free. /shrug.

On the profiles page you can choose a scaling mode, and on the scaling configuration page if you click on a mode you can configure which effects to use. Unfortunately upscaling isn't free, so if you go nuts with options... You can just end up with maximum amount of load on your computer, and minimum amount of actual improvement.

Currently I'm experimenting with Anime4k upscale denoise, Anime4K_3D_Upscale, and using lanczos as a default downscaler. There's probably still improvements I could find, but again I'm also still experimenting.

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
That's what I meant when i said it sometimes needs different upscale setting on some games.

Adding in an effect with scaling can help you scale it the rest of the way. Nearest was what I tried first, but then I found anime4k_3d_upscale also scaled it up.

They do have a list of effects, and what each one does. It's a bit... confusing to use, and I'm probably not using it optimally either since I haven't found a guide that adequately explains it all. Instead I kind of just throw effects at any game that seems... excessively low resolution until I find a combination that satisfies me.

, Scaling is needed to output display resolution. It isn't the most user friendly tool, but its free. /shrug.

On the profiles page you can choose a scaling mode, and on the scaling configuration page if you click on a mode you can configure which effects to use. Unfortunately upscaling isn't free, so if you go nuts with options... You can just end up with maximum amount of load on your computer, and minimum amount of actual improvement.

Currently I'm experimenting with Anime4k upscale denoise, Anime4K_3D_Upscale, and using lanczos as a default downscaler. There's probably still improvements I could find, but again I'm also still experimenting.
Thank you very much, created a new scaler as you mentioned (denoise_L -> 3D_Upscale_US) and using bicubic downscaler and it is now stretching to fit the screen.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
It's version 1.13 I definitely don't know how to share save files eheh
Don't bother! note the version here is 1.16.
- Please make sure to use the newest version, the older versions have game breaking bugs and I won't be able to help.
(I did upload a save a few post back to get anybody started so you are not from the beginning).
Best of luck :coffee:

Thank you very much, created a new scaler as you mentioned (denoise_L -> 3D_Upscale_US) and using bicubic downscaler and it is now stretching to fit the screen.
If you use magpie it have a shortcut for scaling so it will fit the screen.
Bind it to something of your choice.
1.png
And you can use F5 / F6 to also fit the screen without magpie as default in the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JustJerkin

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
Don't bother! note the version here is 1.16.
- Please make sure to use the newest version, the older versions have game breaking bugs and I won't be able to help.
(I did upload a save a few post back to get anybody started so you are not from the beginning).
Best of luck :coffee:

If you use magpie it have a shortcut for scaling so it will fit the screen.
Bind it to something of your choice.
View attachment 3445452
And you can use F5 / F6 to also fit the screen without magpie as default in the game.
yep, tried this option first but the issue was the window screen got reduced for some reason
OG.png upscaled.png

The first image is just using native F5 without magpie, and the second image is from using scaling from magpie, you can see that the window is reduced at the top and bottom.
I know this is a very minor issue, just wanted to see if I can get upscaled images along with the window size of native F5 screen.

4.10 star(s) 84 Votes