amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
I thought I recognised some of those symbols in the preview images somewhere and yep, this is the dev that made Short Stax.
To be fair, that is at least one completed game with alot of original assets, and their other WIP games have at least had a good enough amount of meat on them to be more than a "look at my proof of concept 0.001 and find my Patreon below!".

The memes are funny, but I wouldn't go so far as to lump this dev in with the constant dev-hell games xD

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
The absolute state of western gamedevs... the never-ending development cycle, version 0.0001 of release, or abandonment. Maybe i just don't notice finished games as well as i do with unfinished, or something.
When your financial model is based on a monthly payment, there is absolutely no incentive to deliver a finished project. Quite the opposite unfortunately. If you have a successful project going, you're incentivized to drag it out as long as possible, drip feeding the minimum amount of updates to keep patrons on board while making the least real progress. And due to often well... stupid nature of patreon supporters, you're also incentivized to massively overpromise on a project well outside your capabilities to maximize hype, in a cycle people somehow never stop falling for...

posilepton

Jun 5, 2017
This game is actually pretty enjoyable and the art is pretty good. A few problems just off the top of my head:
  • combat is terribly balanced (that shaman mob being immune to willpower attacks is stupid unfair)
  • grind for money is quite slow
  • most clothing options are behind ludicrously low drop chances
  • difficult to dig yourself out of nothing (catalysts are insanely hard to come by if you consider you need them for every elixir)
  • very little permanent progression
  • carry weight seems incredibly restrictive and can't be increased easily

Last edited:

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
Can't unequip hat? or weapon?

Alchemy catalysts are extremely hard to get, pushing you to reroll the shop multiple time just to attempt going above level 2 of the goblin cave

The limited moves make a lot of the abilities useless (too situational to sacrifice a slot on)

brothel is basically the way to make money once you have spent a few lust points

haggle doesn't seem interesting? like it just looks like a 50% guaranteed reduction, so just do it every time

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
When your financial model is based on a monthly payment, there is absolutely no incentive to deliver a finished project. Quite the opposite unfortunately. If you have a successful project going, you're incentivized to drag it out as long as possible, drip feeding the minimum amount of updates to keep patrons on board while making the least real progress. And due to often well... stupid nature of patreon supporters, you're also incentivized to massively overpromise on a project well outside your capabilities to maximize hype, in a cycle people somehow never stop falling for...
And annoyingly, the devs are also disincentinized to offer alternative payment options, even though single payment "full purchases" are quick and simple to set up on itch.io. Many of these games I'd gladly pay a flat one-time price for permanent access to latest version of, exactly the same way it works when buying early access games on Steam, but they refuse to make that option available because they are perfectly aware that they will lose the monthly income from the drooling morons on Patreon.

I usually respect the hustle when people find ways to separate suckers from their money, but in this case these suckers are preventing legitimate business models from becoming viable. They are directly responsible for making scams more profitable than ethical practices.

Last edited:

uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Can't unequip hat? or weapon?

Alchemy catalysts are extremely hard to get, pushing you to reroll the shop multiple time just to attempt going above level 2 of the goblin cave

The limited moves make a lot of the abilities useless (too situational to sacrifice a slot on)

brothel is basically the way to make money once you have spent a few lust points

haggle doesn't seem interesting? like it just looks like a 50% guaranteed reduction, so just do it every time
That plus

* no 1920*1080 but several weird resolutions
* no fullscreen/window feature, so use launching arguments or play windowed if u once pushed alt+enter you fucker
* non-intuitive ui
* no exit to menu or it is just neatly hidden in some deep ass of a troll
* combat is confusing
* drag&dropping huge stacks of cum 1 by 1 is ridiculous

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
This game needs to allow you to unequip gear, not just swap it out for other gear. And, while I was swapping stuff, I got my equip load to 110/65 (overburdened), which should not happen. It also locks all your gear so you cannot change anything afterwards.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote