Others - Abandoned - Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

1. 1.00 star(s)

kaworu83

Great idea, nice visual art, subpar story.
    What really sink this game is the terrible gameplay.
    It's just too much grind, upgrading stats, reading and seeing the same events time and time again takes out all the fun in this game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

PrinceWulf

I recommend anyone that doesn't mind a bit of grinding to be rewarded. To those that don't like to grind, I'm sure there are some cheat engines out there which will help you get to desired scenes/moments easier. Game deserves 5 stars from me, at very least for 0.2 version. Not to mention it is made by one person apparently, so clap clap to that one person.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

HorribleUsername

this game has potential, the story is fine but there is no background story to explain the situation, and the art is good, but soon game gets boring and unnerving, repetitive dialogues , no skip for the text, engine is the worst, puts high usage on CPU, everything is slow , for 10 days i opened boxes and i found nothing at all, nothing shows you where Alice is so you can grind relation point, game is too grindy.

hope to see it gets better.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

escealed

nice ass i jsut hope in the future i can touch it and play more with it btw the gridding its kinda annoying when its easy to fail 50% time but the girl and the game its nice im donnating jsut 1 dollar till i can see more of the game and the progression with each update
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Longdragon

nice game, still in development so it's lacking content, but whatever they already implemented is great, there are a few inherent problems tho, buggy system, grinding gameplay, little or no control of the events and occurrences in the world. But there's full animation, graphic looks nice, music is smooth, gameplay albeit grindy is well implemented so there's a noticeable difference between 40 minutes of gameplay vs 1 hour of gameplay, it's a little thing, but it helps alot for the game IMO.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Zans

The potential to be something excellent, but at the moment its nearly unplayable.

A few points of improvement to make before I give it a better score:

The introduction needs a revamp. Its unclear whether or not getting caught at the beginning is intentional. If it isn't it needs a way to get out of being caught. The escape button doesn't work & the skip button isn't able to be pressed. If it IS intentional, than streamline it and don't give the illusion of being able to escape.

The text speed is a snails pace. There isn't a way to auto-scroll through the text and at some areas the wait time between dialogue is infuriating.

Gameplay. There needs to be a better indication of where Alice is at any point. There seems to have been an effort put into making this function, but multiple rooms highlight that Alice is in there at any given time, that is until you click on a room and you're left with three choices you didn't really want to make in the first place. Hunting for Alice feels like a punishment when you go to a room trying to find her and instead you have to "Find an Item" a week in a row.

I have a lot of hope for this game, and I want to like it a lot but it needs way more time put into the frustrating bits before it moves forward.

Almost every one of grievances with the game has been addressed. The introduction is fixed, the text can be skipped, Alice isn't hard to locate, but best of all the dev has added an ingame walkthrough which helps tremendously. I'm impressed with how far the game has come - most projects get abandoned before they do a complete 180 like this game has done.

I'm close to giving the game five stars - I'll leave it at four for the moment because the amount of content vs how long its been in development is a bit unbalanced. When more content is introduced I'll edit my review again.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

grobulos

I was on the search of a new nice Idea, i found it here, i expect grind, nothing new. its easy to understand. touch her and get more options.

i play 1.1 fixed. for an first game version absolut ok. savesystem, hm. oke autosave is enough for this kind of game.

Animation are cute, all animated in nice attractive ways.

A good build idea, senseful create and makes fun. it deserves 3 Stars minimum
  8. 5.00 star(s)

leonel1993

The game have a nice style, it has great look and animation. There is not much content so far, but cannot wait to see more. I recomend upgrading tenderness before others so you can progress faster.
    What i did not like was that i couldnt speep up text
    I did like a lot alice, shes just great, that makes think about the landlady, but to see a lot about alice
  9. 1.00 star(s)

deltavega

Well, it sounded different but many things made me quit after 15mins of playing.

First the sister looks really young.
    No story to explain why they live on their own.
    Loadings and transitions are way too long when you move and also beetween texts.
    I can sense that it will be mass grinding on stats and items.

For me I felt like i played one of these boring touching flash games but with lag.