TheJayWang

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
I tried it again I don`t get it.

At the night when I went to the se room I get the error message.

When I get it I try to play further and MC... came up after a time. So a lot of different numbers MC3 and so on (as Info that you must fix all MC.png) .
That's unusual. Are you using the compressed version by any chance? I am not in charge of the compression, hence why most compressed versions state: *This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.*. If that is the case, then the compression is indeed bugged. As JokerLeader stated in the first page, compression can indeed break the game, and the compressed version is not official.

EDIT: I've found that the compressed version is bugged. I have edited the original post to address this.

I've updated the Google Drive and Mega links, once again, with a fixed version in a zip file called "Almaria v0.01 Fixed". Please download and extract the game from there instead, and it should play correctly.

Regardless, I sincerely apologize.

Lucress

Dec 10, 2019
Hey. ^^ What kind of game is this exactly ? One in which you fight monster girls whom are trying to tempt you ? Or a dating sim with faceless mobs to fight, whilst dating demons at the same time ?
Thanks for reading me. ^^

TheJayWang

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
Hey. ^^ What kind of game is this exactly ? One in which you fight monster girls whom are trying to tempt you ? Or a dating sim with faceless mobs to fight, whilst dating demons at the same time ?
Thanks for reading me. ^^
As of now, the game consists of a fairly short prologue/intro where a certain monster girl can forcibly tempt you in three different bad ending routes. This was to get used to the basics of RPGMV, as this is my first time developing. However...

In terms of future updates, it will be the type of deal where you will encounter the questline of each monster girl, so that they will join your party with their own skills and battle playstyles. I can't give much more about the combat system without spoilers for now. In fact, I'm still developing/balancing it, though the progress is chugging along, haha.

I am in the midst of implementing an affection system for each party member. Affection will naturally raise as you encounter mobs, and raise even higher through questline bosses. I hope to keep grinding/annoyances to a minimum by making mobs/bosses a natural part of each monster girl's questline. I also am trying to implement an equipable accessory that prevents random encounters, though random encounters have also been set to a relatively low encounter rate. Once affection reaches levels 33, 66, and 99, certain interactions and scenes can unlock when staying overnight at an inn, or "talking" to a party member in the main menu.

In terms of the far-far future, I do plan to implement more unique interactions/mechanics with your party members... but those will be kept hidden for now ;). Granted, it also might take quite a while to develop everything I am envisioning here and more.

Reactions: Lucress

Lucress

Dec 10, 2019
As of now, the game consists of a fairly short prologue/intro where a certain monster girl can forcibly tempt you in three different bad ending routes. This was to get used to the basics of RPGMV, as this is my first time developing. However...

In terms of future updates, it will be the type of deal where you will encounter the questline of each monster girl, so that they will join your party with their own skills and battle playstyles. I can't give much more about the combat system without spoilers for now. In fact, I'm still developing/balancing it, though the progress is chugging along, haha.

I am in the midst of implementing an affection system for each party member. Affection will naturally raise as you encounter mobs, and raise even higher through questline bosses. I hope to keep grinding/annoyances to a minimum by making mobs/bosses a natural part of each monster girl's questline. I also am trying to implement an equipable accessory that prevents random encounters, though random encounters have also been set to a relatively low encounter rate. Once affection reaches levels 33, 66, and 99, certain interactions and scenes can unlock when staying overnight at an inn, or "talking" to a party member in the main menu.

In terms of the far-far future, I do plan to implement more unique interactions/mechanics with your party members... but those will be kept hidden for now ;). Granted, it also might take quite a while to develop everything I am envisioning here and more.
I understand. Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed answer. ^^ I hope your game will have lots of success !

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Almaria [v0.25] [JayWang Games] - Original Size: 1,14GB

Download PC (301MB):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yac v.2.1 (hngg@f95zone)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyNot

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Almaria [v0.275] [JayWang Games] - Original Size: 1,23GB

Download PC (295MB):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tools Used:Yac v.2.1 (hngg@f95zone)

Reactions: Siglo95

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Look like a fun game with lot of potential so I'll download and check it out, at the very least those samples animation at the OP thread convinced me it would be a fun ride

TheJayWang

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
Look like a fun game with lot of potential so I'll download and check it out, at the very least those samples animation at the OP thread convinced me it would be a fun ride
Thanks for checking it out! This is my first game (though, that was probably obvious, hah), so I'm always up for constructive criticism as well as advice.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Found it thru brute force

shock
denial
anger
bargaining
depression
testing

remove acceptance
remove depression
Damn thank you that fucking puzzle is too fucking hard because you can't just arrange them in order that makes sense as it says which location for this book.. What a FUCKING RETARDED method.. show the slots and the name of the books to make it easier to put them in proper order. Also there is no fucking clue that you have to remove 2 books also.

After I failed second time I realized this game is not even ready for a fucking alpha since no way to defeat Adria yet.. Avoid the game until next version as it's crap right now with a bad ending prologue. Never fucking played a game with a bad prologue before and it's not fucking fun.. Hope this is the LAST game I see with a shit prologue where you die like a retard.

Last edited:

TheJayWang

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
Damn thank you that fucking puzzle is too fucking hard because you can't just arrange them in order that makes sense as it says which location for this book.. What a FUCKING RETARDED method.. show the slots and the name of the books to make it easier to put them in proper order. Also there is no fucking clue that you have to remove 2 books also.

After I failed second time I realized this game is not even ready for a fucking alpha since no way to defeat Adria yet.. Avoid the game until next version as it's crap right now with a bad ending prologue. Never fucking played a game with a bad prologue before and it's not fucking fun.. Hope this is the LAST game I see with a shit prologue where you die like a retard.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will make labeling of the slots extremely specific, and completely eliminate the removal portion since the clues might not be as obvious as I anticipated, and a flawed design choice. I will also include a Hint/Answer mechanic just in case.

I was intending that removal of the two books was hopefully evident if the "Depression" book and ripped page were examined/read (to introduce the examining of items from the menu), but I understand now that it is unnecessary and confusing.

It is hard for me to realize these flaws as the developer, since playing through the game is definitely biased since I am the one making it. But that is no excuse to waste the time and effort of anyone who decides to play my game. I am sorry.

As for the confrontation with Adria, the correct choices to "defeat" her and continue in the game are:
1.) The answer lies within the timing of our body conditions.
2.) Someone else took out some of the contents.
3.) I have the 'same body' as your Master.
4.) I don't know.

I will be re-evaluating the difficulty, and make the correct answers more obvious for the confrontation, also. I tried to make the correct answers make sense in comparison to the wrong choices, but I will definitely redo them again to adjust the difficulty.

I will also include a save file that skips the intro entirely as a secondary precaution in all my future releases.

I sincerely apologize for the frustrations and inconveniences caused. I truly do want to improve as a first-time developer, and mitigate these types of issues. Words mean nothing, though, and I hope I can make up for this in future releases.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Thank you for the suggestion. I will make labeling of the slots extremely specific, and completely eliminate the removal portion since the clues might not be as obvious as I anticipated, and a flawed design choice. I will also include a Hint/Answer mechanic just in case.

I was intending that removal of the two books was hopefully evident if the "Depression" book and ripped page were examined/read (to introduce the examining of items from the menu), but I understand now that it is unnecessary and confusing.

It is hard for me to realize these flaws as the developer, since playing through the game is definitely biased since I am the one making it. But that is no excuse to waste the time and effort of anyone who decides to play my game. I am sorry.

As for the confrontation with Adria, the correct choices to "defeat" her and continue in the game are:
1.) The answer lies within the timing of our body conditions.
2.) Someone else took out some of the contents.
3.) I have the 'same body' as your Master.
4.) I don't know.

I will be re-evaluating the difficulty, and make the correct answers more obvious for the confrontation, also. I tried to make the correct answers make sense in comparison to the wrong choices, but I will definitely redo them again to adjust the difficulty.

I will also include a save file that skips the intro entirely as a secondary precaution in all my future releases.

I sincerely apologize for the frustrations and inconveniences caused. I truly do want to improve as a first-time developer, and mitigate these types of issues. Words mean nothing, though, and I hope I can make up for this in future releases.
Yeah the books would not have been that hard if it was not how you had to select them.. as the order of words kind of made sense but was not allowed to choose.. book 1, than 2, than 3. The skipping around of the books is what made it really hard. Hint system and letting us put them in numerical order will definitely improve that puzzle.

For Adria make it very obvious if we choose correct best answer and give a retry after the ending scene.. retry challenge. So wrong answer could be 1 pt.. second best answer 2 pt.. and correct answer 3 pts... reset pts at each question and have a total pts counter. This way trial and error will help to get the correct answer. Oh I only got 2 points on that question so I was close I need to choose the other answer next time. In this sense you could have say 11-12 pts you succeeded, 8-9 you almost succeeded, and anything else you just totally failed in that sense you could have 3 different endings for the challenge.

Reactions: TheJayWang