3.50 star(s) 41 Votes

GamerJon12

Sep 9, 2017
I dislike these lopsided relationships where the main character plays second fiddle to the annoying female lead.

Kim graphically describes her sexual fantasies about the main character's sister, and the MC just says "Oh, God... Here we go. I can't listen to this again." Kim continues on and he just has to suffer through it. Yet, if he tells Kim that her mother might've been flirting with him, she throws something at his head and tells him not to say another word. Where was that option for us?

I get that the writer is trying to create characters who tease each other as part of their friendship, but you need to have it more balanced than this. The main character should be asking Kim if she would rather have him give her a little brother or a little sister, instead of obediently shutting up the second she disapproves of him doing something she had done to him earlier. He does try to call her out on it, but she just steamrolls over him and tells him that his fantasies can never come true while hers can. It doesn't make it look like they are good friends. It looks like he's a pushover and she's a bitch.

The nicest thing Kim does for her best friend is to make sure he completes his final photography project, which she almost screws up at the last minute by getting too caught up in her own stuff. The nicest thing that the MC does for Kim is unlock the secrets to an ancient magical device and activate it by drinking a mysterious potion made by a witch that causes them to travel through time where Kim can then ditch him to fuck his mom while she's in an emotionally vulnerable state. That kind of upstages her a bit doesn't it? Especially considering how she was feeding him the wrong answers in the class he was failing just to make him look foolish so she could laugh at him.

I'm also not a fan of incompetent main characters. It's one thing to need someone to help you through tough times, but to need someone to stop you from simply being a lazy procrastinator is just pitiful. On the plus side, it's nice that the main character cares about someone other than himself. The same can't be said about Kim, and the fortune teller basically proved that.
You go as far as to say that having a fun interaction of teasing makes others a bitch? Is giving a fake answer in class THAT bad? If you choose her answer, even the MC smirks about it. No, Kim didn't take Julia away to go fuck her. It's just how it ended up. Of course she fucked up, but you are implying that she tried to take advantage of this emotional state. She didn't. Even if the dev says that she didn't and says that it will be shown how it actually happened, you still will go with your opinion because it fits your narrative.
The MC is meant to be shown as a very compassionate person. Just because Kim wants to be successful in life doesn't mean she's a bitch. Do you think your desires would not to be successful too? Not to mention that the first two of the three visions were of the MC's personal life improvements. Same as Kim.

'She steamrolls over him and tells him that his fantasies can never come true while hers can'. Okay, now you're making stuff up lol

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
That's the other bit that confused me in the story. The fortune teller tells Kim she isn't worthy of traveling back, because everything she wants, she'll get. Yet after it's discovered the MC is worthy, she makes two vials???
And the whole ditching the MC to take advantage of an emotionally vulnerable woman...she left for hours, with a note saying "special place"...was she planning on staying in the past? She clearly had no intention of being found, and was going to stay at that water tower a lot longer if she wasn't caught...a friend wouldn't do that, not alone a best friend.
Dev has his work cut out for him if he expects people to follow the story moving forward...a budding romance would make no sense, even with the thickest of plot armor after such disregard for the MC.

Edit: also, when they go back to the future, I half expected Kim's father to already know she was a lesbian...their neighbors (MC's family) are openly gay, and her future self is likely already romantically involved with the MC's sister. Didn't make sense that he was asking about the MC and Kim being together.

Last edited:

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Yes, his older sister...I got that. Doesn't explain how the MC was ever conceived...if the future plot is to have Kim make up for her betrayal by getting the MC into her pants with another trip to the past, thereby the MC is his father...that's just not right. Again, lots of plot armor will be needed for this convoluted story to work.
They are twins. Sister is older than mc by minutes

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Oh did I forgot to mention how Penelope became the best character of the game? I really found her cool!
Except for the part where she's really into the MC, swallows his load to insure he comes back to see her; watches her love interest vanish into thin air in front of her eyes; then in seconds says oh well, I'll be a lesbian now.
Other than that, I agree, she's a good character.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Except for the part where she's really into the MC, swallows his load to insure he comes back to see her; watches her love interest vanish into thin air in front of her eyes; then in seconds says oh well, I'll be a lesbian now.
Oh yeah that kind escalated quickly....I forgot that part because of Kim lol.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Maybe its part of artifact power. Like when time travelers leave past then all people in the past forget them or something.

you know what icc has said? that he's tried to contact the people talking down his decision and see if there is a middle ground they would prefer, but he never gets a reply back from a single person. so weird. it's like they want to keep the hate going.
I dont really know what to say to that. How he can even contact people here when he deleted his account? If he would post here I am sure hundred of people would throw suggestions. But he left this place because half a dozen assholes were very rude to him.

Some people in this thread already suggested downgrading kim x mom scene from full on sex to hugging and kissing. Or just good old let us enjoy the story without being friends of Kim.

Last edited:

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Maybe its part of artifact power. Like when time travelers leave past then all people in the past forget them or something.
Hmm, interesting; that kinda would make sense given how little is known about the artifact so far. Specially Kim, you would think MC's mom would remember the woman that turned her into a lesbian quite well.

Reactions: Aelth and Meridian

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
you know what icc has said? that he's tried to contact the people talking down his decision and see if there is a middle ground they would prefer, but he never gets a reply back from a single person. so weird. it's like they want to keep the hate going.
Instead of full blown sex and pussy licking just have them kiss.
It would still be a bad thing what Kim did but it would make it easier to forgive and you'd still have the drama and you could still have MC's mom turn lesbian because the kiss awakened her lesbian side or whatever.
If he's gonna make Kim an important character then he's gonna have to make people like her.

GamerJon12

Sep 9, 2017

I dont really know what to say to that. How he can even contact people here when he deleted his account? If he would post here I am sure hundred of people would throw suggestions. But he left this place because half a dozen assholes were very rude to him.

Some people in this thread already suggested downgrading kim x mom scene from full on sex to hugging and kissing. Or just good old let us enjoy the story without being friends of Kim.
He said it was him PMing people via discord that are regulars here. It was mostly asking how you feel if she was just eating out the mom, nothing else

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I would make the suggestion that the MC bangs Kim's mom now; do it in a way that he makes sure she walks in on them doing it...oh Kim, I'm so sorry, it was just a mistake...one thing led to another, what's done is done right?

Edit: I would suggest further that would be a good beginning to the MC realizing he can't be so passive all the time, and stand up for himself. Taking control of a situation instead of being led around like a pet. Character arc that would start from betrayal...I think a lot of people would not make such a big fuss over what Kim did if it served as a catalyst to make a better MC.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
coulpe of things do's the Artifact result in short term memorry retention Issues and do's it also remove the brain to speach filter on the MC effected by it.
because the MC's got some serious memorry issues and no filter.
I can forgive the MOM? outburst he hadn't yet descovered he's in the past but the Grama one WTF.
and he really seems to struggle with the concpt of being in the past unlike Kim.

I could make another sujestion one that the Dev and friends won't like but some that dislike Kim might be able to live with.
Just have the MC tell kim that for the sake of what needs to be done he is willing to continue the journey and work with her and be civil to her but if and when they complete it.
He wants nothing more to do with her and she can fuck off.
then the Dev can leave the scene intact and hopefully change the players of the MC's mind about Her as the game progresses?.
but give the players the option at the end to tell her to fuck off if they can't be convince to forgiver her?

Just Sayin

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
BTW I like the game I will keep playing it I'm not a fan of kims right now but the games good.
the writting and even the plot for the most part is good even don't mind that Kim gives the impression she's the actual MC by running him and things.
Its just sometime's some of the things the MC says and do's either makes me think he's slow or stupid but just sometime.

again only my opinion on a good game.

Just Sayin.

Reactions: KMonkeyMon
3.50 star(s) 41 Votes