Mod Ren'Py Alternate Existence [v2.2.1] - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod [MrKnobb]

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
I'm not so sure about this one, because I haven't touched any lines that change the chapter. All I have done is just add color for choices. Maybe you can try to start over
Looks like that's the only option.
after trying various options including loading v1.7.0(unmodded) which worked fine, as soon as I tried any saves with v1.9.0 it returns to main menu.

Oh well time for some Ctrl key abuse ;)

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
how do I get scenes for the girl streamer ( forgot her name ) cause of I cant access all the links, its all says that the file is corrupted or unknown.

PervySage

Apr 30, 2017
Not sure if this is something that can be fixed or I just have to choose properly but choosing both Andi and Tania breaks a few things in the latest update. It doesn't show the scene where you tell Andi the truth (just Tania) and after there are errors every time one of them is meant to come up

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/s1e9.rpy", line 276, in script
fl "Yeah, I'd love to speak to [mc_relationships[gfname]] again. I haven't spoken to her in a bit. She's awfully quiet."
KeyError: 'gfname'"

Reactions: karrorey

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Hello, again.
I noticed you had updated to 1.9.0.

Thank you for your information. I will definitely keep this in mind
Seems like you had too much in your mind. :( After briefly comparing the vanilla code to modded I noticed that you continued to use pre-1.8.0 files for episodes 1-7. You also kept s1e8.rpy unchanged from 1.8.0 although MrKnobb had made plenty of dialogue changes to the 8th episode. So, once again, I hate to say that this mod broken in its current state. Sorry.

I hope you'll fix the mod so that the player base can experience the latest that MrKnobb and our team delivered. Only by fixing the mod it could be called an improved mod once again. :)

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed or I just have to choose properly but choosing both Andi and Tania breaks a few things in the latest update. It doesn't show the scene where you tell Andi the truth (just Tania) and after there are errors every time one of them is meant to come up

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/s1e9.rpy", line 276, in script
fl "Yeah, I'd love to speak to [mc_relationships[gfname]] again. I haven't spoken to her in a bit. She's awfully quiet."
KeyError: 'gfname'"
gfname was added to s1e2 in 1.8.0 but, as I mentioned above, the s1e2.rpy of this mod is from a version before 1.8.0. Loading your save before this line should fix the issue by adding gfname according to vanilla values (the mod seems to set Tania as the girlfriend if the modded option to date both girls has been chosen).

Last edited:

lmtfadi

Feb 4, 2018
Getting following error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/s1e8.rpy", line 1714, in script
jump expression "s1e8_datenight_" + mc_relationships["date"]
File "game/s1e8.rpy", line 1714, in <module>
KeyError: 'date'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1972, in execute
target = renpy.python.py_eval(target)
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Hello, again.
I noticed you had updated to 1.9.0.

Seems like you had too much in your mind. :( After briefly comparing the vanilla code to modded I noticed that you continued to use pre-1.8.0 files for episodes 1-7. You also kept s1e8.rpy unchanged from 1.8.0 although MrKnobb had made plenty of dialogue changes to the 8th episode. So, once again, I hate to say that this mod broken in its current state. Sorry.

I hope you'll fix the mod so that the player base can experience the latest that MrKnobb and our team delivered. Only by fixing the mod it could be called an improved mod once again. :)

gfname was added to s1e2 in 1.8.0 but, as I mentioned above, the s1e2.rpy of this mod is from a version before 1.8.0. Loading your save before this line should fix the issue by adding gfname according to vanilla values (the mod seems to set Tania as the girlfriend if the modded option to date both girls has been chosen).
I will check it properly when I have more spare time. I couldn't do it when updating 5 mods in 2 days. I have to skip some parts

Reactions: PervySage

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
Hi,
Got a crash after adding the mod.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
click on the highlighted part in the feedback error go to the line that the error is at yo should look for these 3 lines of code

call gallerynode("s1e1_pc3") from _call_gallerynode_153
call gallerynode("s1e1_pc4") from _call_gallerynode_154
call gallerynode("s1e1_sc4") from _call_gallerynode_155

they are stacked like this in the code DELETE them and save the file reload or relaunch the game

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
click on the highlighted part in the feedback error go to the line that the error is at yo should look for these 3 lines of code

call gallerynode("s1e1_pc3") from _call_gallerynode_153
call gallerynode("s1e1_pc4") from _call_gallerynode_154
call gallerynode("s1e1_sc4") from _call_gallerynode_155

they are stacked like this in the code DELETE them and save the file reload or relaunch the game
Thank you.
Did what you suggested and it worked.
Did get another issue though.

While running game code:
File "game/extras.rpy", line 211, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label ('game/s1e6.rpy', 1654631088, 184).

Do not know how to troubleshoot it as there is no way to find out the line number of the call from s1e6.
It is the mods version of s1e6.rpy that is causing the problem. Went back to using the devs s1e6.rpy and no error.

Last edited:

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
Thank you.
Did what you suggested and it worked.
Did get another issue though.

While running game code:
File "game/extras.rpy", line 211, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label ('game/s1e6.rpy', 1654631088, 184).

Do not know how to troubleshoot it as there is no way to find out the line number of the call from s1e6.
It is the mods version of s1e6.rpy that is causing the problem. Went back to using the devs s1e6.rpy and no error.
if i still had the game dl rn i would go and look at what the issue is, but the issue is at line 211 in the extras.rpy file. renpy is kinda straight forward way i figured things out is by looking at the line and the string line under it (if thats even the proper term) and reading it slowly word by word u can start to peace together what things mean. and it really helps to have a coding software like atom to do this. sorry i cant be more help i would like to be.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I will check it properly when I have more spare time. I couldn't do it when updating 5 mods in 2 days. I have to skip some parts
any chances that you could do it anytime soon (like before xmas 2023)?

lmtfadi

Feb 4, 2018
Getting following error

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1972, in execute
target = renpy.python.py_eval(target)
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\lmtfadi\Desktop\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
Als0 added save if someone can look at and figure out the issue. Any help is appreciated

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Hi LaikDink, wanted to just ask if your aware that the mod for Alternate Existence only seems to allow the last date for Tania and not Andrea even if you pick the both option? Andrea's scene is basically the last one I'm missing in the gallery so I wanted to know if it will be resolved and if the Andrea relationship will carry over into the next season of not. Thanks if you can assist :cry:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi LaikDink, wanted to just ask if your aware that the mod for Alternate Existence only seems to allow the last date for Tania and not Andrea even if you pick the both option? Andrea's scene is basically the last one I'm missing in the gallery so I wanted to know if it will be resolved and if the Andrea relationship will carry over into the next season of not. Thanks if you can assist :cry:
well in theory it should but atm can't get save for season 2 when playing with mod.