Mod Ren'Py Alternate Existence [v2.2.1] - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod [MrKnobb]

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
the problem stems from the unmodded game downloads for v1.8 being zipped as with the RPA's extracted and then deleted witch causes issues with the mod i believe? base game 1.7 and mod 1.7 worked just fine as long as you didn't unpack base game .rpa files

Huh? I have the compressed version, and the mod works just fine, rpa's extracted and removed.

I just tested v1.7 extracted and removed the rpa's the mod works fine there too.

Jul 17, 2020
Huh? I have the compressed version, and the mod works just fine, rpa's extracted and removed.

I just tested v1.7 extracted and removed the rpa's the mod works fine there too.
oh yeah i did what they said and i have know idea how just redoing trying to play the game make it work, unpack AlternateExistence-1.8.0-pc.zip & AlternateExistence-1.8.0_WTImprovement_Mod.rar first time with replacing files, didn't work. deleted folders extracted them again no more labels defined twice.

weird you'd think the saying "doing the same thing over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity." would apply but instead it's "if at first you don't succeed, try, and try again" lol

• Haha
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Sorry, when I use the Mod, show the following:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_gallerynode_153 is defined twice, at File "game/s1e1.rpy", line 1128:
call gallerynode("s1e1_pc3") from _call_gallerynode_153
and File "game/s1e1.rpy", line 1141:
call gallerynode("s1e1_pc3") from _call_gallerynode_153

<snip>
I had that happen, turned out to be Unren. You can't use it. >.<

(If you used it, delete unren-dev.rpy and unren-dev.rpyc in the ./game/ folder.)

One other utility I like to use also causes the same error, a file by Shaddy which shows onscreen the file and line number currently being executed. le sigh.

Jul 17, 2020
isn't every both option kinda redundant when you set the vars, are you always putting them in the bst order due to the fact they overwrite themseves?
Python:
"{color=#00ff00}Mod: Both":
            $ mc_choices[menuid] = "look"
            $ mc_choices[menuid] = "respect"
            play sound shower loop
mc_chioces[menuid] is stored as a text string so the way your code works it sets it first to look then immediately overwrites it to respect witch it stays at
also at points (when i played 1.7) if you choose beachlake = true path at points later on either one or the other girls were acting like you weren't dating her becasue you didn't change script from looking for their individual variables instead of modded beachlake variable. IDK if you fixed that or not ie $ mc_relationships["date"] = "andi" and $ mc_relationships["date"] = "tania" had some missing checks for in mc_relationships["date"] or mods1e2beachlake

Last edited:

Barrazin

Oct 27, 2022
Seems like that did the trick.
He had an if/else statement in regards to Andi and Tania, which meant that you would only get one or the other, not both. I removed that and used hashtags to ex out some statements in regards to date night, ensuring that all the date night scenes would come up.

Reactions: Warhawk1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Unfortunately I receive an error message before Tania scene to happen. One that can't be ignored. I mean with your fix.

Then use URM once you get to that scene, create a save, then URM should show there are 2 paths just click the other path.

babaex

May 28, 2022
Weird, I tested it again on my end and I didn't run into it.
I solved the problem by deleting line 2279
jump s1e8_datenight_tania_act3
For some reason it's giving error on my side and in fact the line is not needed.

Barrazin

Oct 27, 2022
I solved the problem by deleting line 2279
jump s1e8_datenight_tania_act3
For some reason it's giving error on my side and in fact the line is not needed.
I noticed there were a ton of lines that weren't needed. I haven't added a single thing, just removed stuff.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I'm the coder in MrKnobb's team.

Just a note: We changed quite a lot in past episodes between 1.7 and 1.8 by adding new content and new choices for non-story women like Honey, Charmane and Amber. Also, after_load label moves past choices in mc_choices in their right places and your changes aren't up-to-date. Please make sure that your mod works with the rest of the files. In its current form, this mod downgrades AE somewhere between 1.7.x and 1.8.0, and most saves will not be compatible with the next update (1.9).

Edit: This comment is based on the currently available rar archive in Mega.

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
I'm the coder in MrKnobb's team.

Just a note: We changed quite a lot in past episodes between 1.7 and 1.8 by adding new content and new choices for non-story women like Honey, Charmane and Amber. Also, after_load label moves past choices in mc_choices in their right places and your changes aren't up-to-date. Please make sure that your mod works with the rest of the files. In its current form, this mod downgrades AE somewhere between 1.7.x and 1.8.0, and most saves will not be compatible with the next update (1.9).

Edit: This comment is based on the currently available rar archive in Mega.
Thank you for your information. I will definitely keep this in mind

Reactions: Punto

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Well I loved the first game enough to support this one and I was loveing this game too and then this update came out.
And bang half my enjoyment gone just like that it only took one scene the library.
I know some like Anal and I don't object to it being in a game never have never will.
It do's fuck all for me personally but other's like it so why not.
But what really feking bugs me is when it's not optional when I have no choice in it.
And when a scene i'm really enjoying suddenly turns to shit (pun Intended) and is sudenly and totally ruined for me.
Because of the no choice Anal.
It so ruined my enjoyment infact that I couldn't even tell you what happends after that scene.
Since I stopped playing at that point.
Its a pain in the ass (again Pun Intended) when Dev's don't think to make it optional.
The Dev may like it, others player's may like it and I maybe the only one it do's fuck all for.
Who knows I just might not be the only one who may prefer not to have it or at least the option not to have it.
It annoy's me so much when it's not optional.
That I even have it written in my signature section" Anal should always be optional".

Just Sayin

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: kalik and MrBenny