Alternative Compressor (RenPy only)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.5.3.1_TEST
Fixed a missing ) causing archive creation to fall over.
Couple of small tweaks for warnings you don't need to see.
Added compression queue number to title

This is a test version.
I would like some feedback on the update functions and queueing, are they working as expected for you or are there errors?
So far most of the bugs I haven't found and a number of improvement ideas have come from estrada777 , if there's anyone else having issues or thoughts, please let me know!

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.5.3.2_TEST
Added exit option while waiting in compression queue.
Added Queue number to title bar so you can see the order games will be processed
Changed post RPA creation media delete function. Now reading file list from RPA so a little slower but a lot safer.
Changed ignored folder handling during RPA creation, now only scripts etc are coppied out, deleted then reinstated later.

This is a test version.
I would like some feedback on the update functions and queueing, are they working as expected for you or are there errors?

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Introducing Alternative Compressor.
Something I've been working on for quite a while now, based in parts on the solidly built and well proven Cruncher by Bas
I've included Unren by Sam and by in version 0.3.5
And now added the by

Utilises ppx2.exe for high speed image processing, I've reworked other aspects to maximise speed too.
Options to pick quality or skip for images, audio and video
Fine grained image processing quality (1%~lossless)
Pick the number of Threads to use on Images and Video (Caution! Using all threads on an overclocked CPU WILL create a lot of heat)
Option to delete RPA files if they are still in the game folder.
(Now Optional)Will copy game/gui/window_icon.png to the game's root folder as android-icon_foreground.png AND android-icon_background.png (For Android - double check this is the one you want to use if you're porting)

Usage.
Put AIO.bat and comptools folder in the game's root folder
Run AIO.bat
Hopefully understandable from there.
Don't be surprised that you won't see images being processed, nothing will move on screen until the Audio, Video or the summary.

AIO 0.4.5.4 changes
Fixed a missing ) causing archive creation to fall over.
Couple of small tweaks for warnings you don't need to see.
Added compression queue number to title
Added exit option while waiting in compression queue.
Added Queue number to title bar so you can see the order games will be processed
Changed post RPA creation media delete function. Now reading file list from RPA so a little slower but a lot safer.
Changed ignored folder handling during RPA creation, now only scripts etc are coppied out, deleted then reinstated later.
Added auto removal of media files in update function 3 where they have been removed by the Dev in new version.
Added SNS to image compression options (0 to 100, default is 50. Increase to 100 for best quality)
Added xml, yml and csv to archive ignore list
Added sfx folder to archive auto include list
*Any other folders/files you think should/n't be listed let me know.*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0.4.5.4 AIO
Updated to 0.4.5.4

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Exoplast and "CJ"

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
is option add SNS to image compression, default=50 meaning in your AIO previous version is 50 as a default or previous version is 0 (not have this feature at all)?

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.5.5 changes
Fix Detection of newer RenPy Versions
Fix Deletion of files with strange paths in update function* (stuff like !)
Fix Copy over .android.json AND android.json if exist
Added variable fps webm compression (set max 25 ~120 or custom)
Several other minor things
*Some parts still need a tidy up but doesn't affect the running

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: "CJ"

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.5.6 changes
Fixes non-ascii file name compression. Enabling windows system locale settings utf8 should do the rest.(make sure to exit from within the bat file rather than closing the window)
Fixed odd image counts
Tidy up some other odds and sods

HoosierFDaddy

Dec 6, 2021
First of all, let me say "Thank You for all your work!" I've used your ports (amongst many others) for a couple years now and yours have always stood out with the top few that I default to. I ran across this thread a while ago when I decided to try my hand at my own porting. I have no prior experience but i had a lot of people to learn from by dissecting their ports (yours included.) Anyway, i was playing with this tool and have learned a lot about batch and other scripting languages from it alone with modifications that I have been making to it to automate a lot of my personal injections into the ports that I've been making and kept getting errors, especially with this latest version. Turns out it was something simple. I have crap scattered all over my drives and have many ports with spaces in the path/file names. I found many instances in your script that didn't have quotes around the path/files being called. I fixed it for me and I see nobody here complaining about the same problem so I didn't say anything, but I figured I'd let you know. I'd send you mine with all files/paths quoted but I have made many modifications to it that automatically run and update scripts to automate my own porting projects with my own personal touch and that would probably ruin your awesome work for everyone else so instead I'll just toss in my two cents.

Again, thank you for your work and thanks for being one of the few whose work I look to to futher my education in porting and scripting!

Reactions: Wills747

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
First of all, let me say "Thank You for all your work!" I've used your ports (amongst many others) for a couple years now and yours have always stood out with the top few that I default to. I ran across this thread a while ago when I decided to try my hand at my own porting. I have no prior experience but i had a lot of people to learn from by dissecting their ports (yours included.) Anyway, i was playing with this tool and have learned a lot about batch and other scripting languages from it alone with modifications that I have been making to it to automate a lot of my personal injections into the ports that I've been making and kept getting errors, especially with this latest version. Turns out it was something simple. I have crap scattered all over my drives and have many ports with spaces in the path/file names. I found many instances in your script that didn't have quotes around the path/files being called. I fixed it for me and I see nobody here complaining about the same problem so I didn't say anything, but I figured I'd let you know. I'd send you mine with all files/paths quoted but I have made many modifications to it that automatically run and update scripts to automate my own porting projects with my own personal touch and that would probably ruin your awesome work for everyone else so instead I'll just toss in my two cents.

Again, thank you for your work and thanks for being one of the few whose work I look to to futher my education in porting and scripting!
Glad you've worked your bugs out, only issues I have with paths contain symbols like [, ], & etc etc.
My main working directory is in documents/MEGAsync Downloads so I pretty much have spaces all the time, I'm not 100% sure what's going on with yours.