Alternative Compressor (RenPy only)

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Just want to ask a little, what is number of quality for video on medium quality and low quality? is it possible to change?

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just want to ask a little, what is number of quality for video on medium quality and low quality? is it possible to change?
Is this what you're looking for?
"1" "vqual=30" "vch=Premo Quality"
"2" "vqual=38" "vch=High Quality"
"3" "vqual=45" "vch=Medium Quality"
"4" "vqual=55" "vch=Low Quality"
Open the Bat file and edit "vqual=??" (Lines 863-866 in 0.4.2)

Reactions: doujin1

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Is this what you're looking for?
"1" "vqual=30" "vch=Premo Quality"
"2" "vqual=38" "vch=High Quality"
"3" "vqual=45" "vch=Medium Quality"
"4" "vqual=55" "vch=Low Quality"
Open the Bat file and edit "vqual=??" (Lines 863-866 in 0.4.2)
Thanks!! this is it.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Minor fix to 0.4.2, return to main menu was executing scripts in wrong directories.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Wills747 thx for your tool. I suggest including this version(s) of unren instead of the original.
I think I will wait for them to become a bit more solid.
I had an issue tonight where screens.rpyc wouldn't extract properly (Game is RenPy 8.0.2) I used some other versions of unren and that gave me the same issue except it didn't extract at all.
Solved the problem by exiting and restarting AIO, manually selected RenPy version 7.5+ from menu and was able to extract.

Reactions: doujin1 and "CJ"

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.3
Added ability to create RPA files from ALL media files (images, sounds and videos (excluding game/gui folder))
Also option (1) to delete all media files once rpa is created - also in delete files menu if you decide to do this later.
The purpose of this is to create high quality Android ports > 2Gb that will run from Android 5 upwards.
You need a recent RenPy version and be able to tell your users where to put the rpa file. (In the sister software Alternative Saves it's Documents/RenPy_Saves/ com.game.name/game) I.E. the search path.
Fix (possibly) for bad filename detection, some of the characters picked up don't cause build/compression issues.
Fix Clarrified which unrpyc options will overwrite or not

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: "CJ" and doujin1

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.3.1
Fix Too many folders in /game containing media exceeded the max size of Windows batch file variables.
So small (major headfucker) rewrite in powershell to extend the range

Reactions: "CJ"

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.3.2
Fix Yet agin I managed to hit the limit, this time with powershell's limit of about 32,000 characters.
For this reason I am including everything in the folders "images" "video" "sound" "music" in game folder substantialy reducing the input queue.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.4.0
Added You can put archive.rpa from old update into new update game folder and use it to delete duplicate media essentially creating an update package.
Fix Script failed when no media existed outside of "images" "video" "sound" "music" folders.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: "CJ" and doujin1

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Updated to 0.4.4.2

Added Zero length file checker
Updated List of included folders now contains "voice" "audio"
Fix When reducing game to update, if rpa files are still present it would cause unpredictable resaults. Now place archive.rpa in root for checking.
Fix Stopped being lazy so you won't see so much "folder not found" warnings around RPA activities
Fix Exclude .rpy and .rpyc files from deletion in game update function (only ever an issue if the Dev puts scripts in the pre defined folders)

• Yay, new update!

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Is it possible to add option to skip compress image?
Sometime i only want to compress only video.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Updated to AIO 0.4.4.3
Fix Backup then remove all script , text, json etc before creating archive.rpa. Can cause issues with update function if they exist in pre defined folders
Updated RPA and Update creation functions
Added Options to delete rpa's in game after extracting and decompiling
Added Option to move old game version rpa to game, extract and delete. (only if archive.rpa in root folder)

Here's a small and bad video showing the update function and how it can radically speed up compression time.
21/01/23 - Deteted video as it's now obsolete. All functions listed in it are now fully automated.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: RoxTheVile and "CJ"

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
0.4.5.0 Update:
Huge rework on Update function and I mean HUGE.
Once you have SetComp.txt and an old game version , Update Menu option 3 will be your friend for life.
Make sure to pick the folder above game in the old directory
If .android.json and/or android-icon_foreground.png exist in the old directory they will be copied over too.
Another big one - Game Compression Queueing. You can now queue up to 16 games to compress at once.
Added a queue cleaner in case of issues - A small chance that multiple compressions may begin at once if this is used while games are queued.
Added a cached files cleaner - in some pc's a big files cache can cause performance issues even if it's shown as "available" ram
+ many other tweaks. I've been working on the update and queueing functions for months now, to long to recall them all.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.4.5.3
Fixed failure to create rpa if no media in main game folder. (I missed this as I add media when porting)
Fixed update creation/ rpa if old version = RenPy 7.x.x and new version = RenPy 8.x.x, python got all confused.
Number of other little tweaks.