JosephF

May 28, 2019
I can't get past PlayDRM.

I *did* try the AGE.exe and even redownloaded the entire game in case there are some settings that where set, but had no success.
Is there another thing I am overlooking or is it an issue with wine?
Have you changed the locale? Eushully games doesn't work unless you change the system locale to japanese. Then run AGE.exe to be able to play.

gradius

Feb 17, 2018
I can't get past PlayDRM.

I *did* try the AGE.exe and even redownloaded the entire game in case there are some settings that where set, but had no success.
Is there another thing I am overlooking or is it an issue with wine?
wait play drm then you are using the wrong age.exe

p3ki

Sep 11, 2018
So, I've seen some people mention this but never get answered, so I'll try doing it too in hopes of getting some answer, possibly.

Is there a way of increasing the game quality on full-screen mode? It looks great on windowed mode, but I never play like that, yet on full-screen everything gets slightly choppy, be it the UI or the BG images. Usually you'd go to display settings and change it, but there's no option like that here, or at least I haven't found one.

Hope someone can help me and maybe someone else if they have the same problem too, thanks.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
So, I've seen some people mention this but never get answered, so I'll try doing it too in hopes of getting some answer, possibly.

Is there a way of increasing the game quality on full-screen mode? It looks great on windowed mode, but I never play like that, yet on full-screen everything gets slightly choppy, be it the UI or the BG images. Usually you'd go to display settings and change it, but there's no option like that here, or at least I haven't found one.

Hope someone can help me and maybe someone else if they have the same problem too, thanks.
i haven't personally tested it with this game but you could try using a program called lossless scaling it always works like a charm

Reactions: p3ki

p3ki

Sep 11, 2018
i haven't personally tested it with this game but you could try using a program called lossless scaling it always works like a charm
Ok, I searched and found one on GitHub called Magpie from Blinue, which works great. Title screen still looks weird, but at least gameplay elements like characters and text looks great.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: derakino999

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Ok, I searched and found one on GitHub called Magpie from Blinue, which works great. Title screen still looks weird, but at least gameplay elements like characters and text looks great.

Thanks for the help.
that is not the one i meant but it looks like a good alternative, i will check it out

Reactions: p3ki

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
For anyone that keeps crashing on windows 10 , this helped fix it on my end.

Code:
1. bring up the Start Menu -> Settings

2. click Applications

3. pick Apps & Features (on the left)

4. choose Manage optional features (take care it's in small in the middle of the screen)

5. choose Add a feature

6. find Japanese Supplemental Fonts and install it
The supplemental fonts fixed it for me. It really should be added to the installation instructions. I didn't see any other posts mentioning this.

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes