RPGM Amoral Quest [v0.42] [CootyzBoi]

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
idk folks, but this game feels like a katalist clone on so many levels. general direction of the story, visuals, music, mechanics... all ripped from katalist and recycled; without giving credit, but of course with patreon at the ready. it's one thing to take inspiration from another game, but this goes far beyond that. not cool
I don't agree with you, the previous updates did feel like a Katalist clone, but I think this newest rework made the game more original and, although most of the plot, the characters and the overall vibe is heavily Katalist inspired, the art style is different enought to make the game experience feel fresh.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
I don't agree with you, the previous updates did feel like a Katalist clone, but I think this newest rework made the game more original and, although most of the plot, the characters and the overall vibe is heavily Katalist inspired, the art style is different enought to make the game experience feel fresh.
so it's fine to just steal all of the code and simply switch out a few things here and there? in my book that's not just lazy, but also copyright infringement. i'm no law person, but you can't just copy McDonald's, from burger recipes to shop design to commercials and simply replace the clown with a monkey.
that said, i'm not sure what teary coud (or even wanted to) do here, but regardless, this is a disrespectful and very lazy approach to game design that shoudn't be financially supported. at least not in my book.

Reactions: uncreativ_

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
so it's fine to just steal all of the code and simply switch out a few things here and there? in my book that's not just lazy, but also copyright infringement. i'm no law person, but you can't just copy McDonald's, from burger recipes to shop design to commercials and simply replace the clown with a monkey.
that said, i'm not sure what teary coud (or even wanted to) do here, but regardless, this is a disrespectful and very lazy approach to game design that shoudn't be financially supported. at least not in my book.
My guy, you're arguing about morality on a pirate site. Know your audience.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
My guy, you're arguing about morality on a pirate site. Know your audience.
fair enough, the above woud have been better suited on the (non-existing/linked) amoral quest discord server or something. still, not all pirates are equal, and i'm fine if this reaches just a single clueless patreon supporter who wasn't aware that they pay a "dev" who developed very little in this game.

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
so it's fine to just steal all of the code and simply switch out a few things here and there?
Playing this game now feels different from playing Katalist, that's all I'm saying. It's a worst experience so I won't supporting this project financially yet, but I feel like it's going on the right direction. You can't expect everyone to start from scratch, Katalist is an amazing starting point and a classic like ToT so obviously most amateur developers would take those games as inspirations. Obviously I would like the creator to diverge more from Katalist but as I wrote before, this is definitely an upgrade from the previous updates.

Reactions: ItzSpc

altr

Sep 16, 2018
Where can I find the girl Kim??
Paying attention to the lessons in the classroom. The teacher will send you to her, on the second floor of the women's dormitory.
Did you or someone manage to find these scenes instead?

Asavar

Apr 16, 2020
idk folks, but this game feels like a katalist clone on so many levels. general direction of the story, visuals, music, mechanics... all ripped from katalist and recycled; without giving credit, but of course with patreon at the ready. it's one thing to take inspiration from another game, but this goes far beyond that. not cool
Combat is literally 100% the same as katalist. Also after beating the first demon you're given a fetch quest. Fucking exhilarating gameplay

datguy4321

Apr 14, 2020
Yea it's exactly the same game lol, and pirating has no effect on mentioning nor discussing this on here since this is literally a pirating website. And this type of game is exactly the type where you'd want people to criticize it and not pay for it, I certainly wouldn't pay for a very clear theft.

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
This may have started as a blatant Katalist ripoff, but the guy is actually putting tangible effort into making it its own thing. and seeing the current major overhaul this game got from its (embarrassing) initial release, I certainly appreciate what Chutiyaboi is doing. And to anyone comparing the two games, one key difference is Katalist just keeps decreasing in quality and gameplay experience with each buggy update, while this one is clearly getting carefully refined and reflecting the actual effort put into it

hinguckah

Oct 28, 2019
Why would that even matter if it was a katalyst inspired game? So what, someone likes a game and makes something alike and then it is not as good as the game it is inspired by. People have to start somewhere and original ideas are heavily overrated as the truly original games are really awful most of the time and making them better often makes them more generic in some ways.
Like controls that after fixing them are just like that one game everybody knows and the interface that after fixing the stupid layout looks just like that other game...

Just look at some Nintendo games that have these forced gimmicks and when someone does the same thing without the gimmick is is suddenly a good game.
Trying to do a new thing is great, but if your goal is not to make something good but to make somthing original at all costs it is going to be really bad.

Reactions: ItzSpc

yoici

Apr 25, 2021
Paying attention to the lessons in the classroom. The teacher will send you to her, on the second floor of the women's dormitory.
Did you or someone manage to find these scenes instead?
the first scene you get if you do zoe homework, then she say the teacher caught on to it and you try to leave
second I don't know

Reactions: altr and ItzSpc
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes